Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

New Dual Wield Meta???

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag dps but melee range?
    No
    Options
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this a thing... yet again?

What logical sense does this make...? Yet again?
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
    Options
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Mag dps but melee range?
    No

No choice on MagDK. This has always been the way.
    Options
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    Why?
    Maths?

The end result does not explain how they came to this. So ... why? x)
    Why is this a thing... yet again?

What logical sense does this make...? Yet again?

From the point of view of lore sense, in this universe, magicians do not need wands at all, and staves are just energy rifles to continue shooting when the forces for their own "spells" run out and aren't necessary at all.
    Edited by Scardan on March 20, 2021 11:24AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: I'm running dual daggers on a vampire magblade with RotPO using Blood for Blood as a spamable. Any suggestions for traits, mundus or dagger enchants?
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so dual wielding is now meta for magicka DD’s?
    Options
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so dual wielding is now meta for magicka DD’s?

@Bobby_V_Rockit

Its hard to call anything meta at the moment.
    Here on PS4 at least the games so broken that endgame is mostly on hiatus, doubly so with XP events on.
    Theres plenty of theorycrafting floating about, but precious little REAL playtesting going on over here.

Gut reaction is that DW is a valid alternative to staves as the frontbar weapon set IF the DD's already forced into melee range by the skills they're using AND they don't need to heavy attack AND they're willing to spend the gold/time needed to get the DW weapons for this sidegrade/minor upgrade.

Thats a lot of ifs and buts, so inertia will probably make most mag DD's stick with staves.
    DW will probably be something you see used occasionally by people who have a bunch of toons and wanted to make their mDK's and jabplars different to their other mag DD's, much like some people run some of their stam DD's with a 2H for variety's sake.

Caveat: I've not playtested this properly either because theres no way in hell I'm grinding vma for the elemental succession daggers my mDK would need in current conditions.
    Besides, I'm kinda lazy. :lol:

The "S&G's" DW build my healplar has been using when overland does seem stronger now, but thats hardly a proper test.
    Options
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Mag dps but melee range?
    No

But you know about TES long tradition of fighting mages like Spellswords, Battlemages, Nightblades, Witchhunters and even Sorcerers, which in original games were wearing heavy armour, unlike regular mages ;)

I know, I know, as long as damage is scaling with attributes, most ESO players would not even look towards hybrid builds, because as we know, resource pool is mainly for damage, not sustain :p

However, I wonder what will they do, IF TES VI will be finally published, and IF it will take place in Hammerfell, and IF it will introduce a Sword-singer as a main path for hero?

Would ZOS miss a marketing opportunity and do not offer us a new class based on this concept? They already did this maneuver with DK heavily inspired by Dovahkiin. Will see... But such class, half-warrior & half-mage would require a total rework of current Stamina & Magicka relation ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on April 8, 2021 11:59PM
    Options