The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it the time for Sheogorath to take back HAMMER?

kapachia
kapachia
✭✭✭
The Mad God Sheogorath gives... The Mad God Sheogorath takes away...

Is it the time to get rid of Volendrung? Not only does chaos follows this hammer.. But major SERVER LAG follows this hammer.. I would love to see a Cyrodiil pvp community poll on this. Most people hate Volendrung..

Gheogorath.. please take back your gift..
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the hammer is just ends up in the hands of the most populated faction most of the time, effectively just creating a second emperor for the faction that usually already stacks the most numbers and most cyro buffs. The hammer would be better off being remade in to a game controlled mechanic to prevent this from happening and rather than just work to boost the attacking power of 1 weaker faction, it could be used to destroy key parts of keeps of the strongest faction, taking way or greatly lowering the amount of time needed to take a few keeps for the weaker factions.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. And he can also keep all of the other artifacts rumored to be coming down the pipeline.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung should go away, noone likes it.

Thews of Harbinger armour should have been a daedric weapon not a proc armour set. One person gets it and becomes a big unholy tank deathbringer.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, we need more artifacts :O
    EU | PC
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind about special artifacts which can be carried by a person. However there should be a couple of additional small-scale PvP objectives, which can lead to a nice impact. For example:

1) To control specific locations over a period of time to summon a drake which will put down some walls of a keep or destroy a milegate. This should then happen more likely against a faction which controls a large area of the map.
    2) Create and protect a caravan to a keep or outpost to receive an additional boon or AP bonus.
    3) Plunder a caravan and carry a relic back to a home-base for AP and rewards.
    etc.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another interesting concept would be to create two artifacts A and B. Whenever a faction controls both artifacts, they can port between artifacts A and B.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be rid of the hammer, most of my performance issues in game is literally whenever the hammer is around. I could be fighting at an outpost or a keep and then the hammer teleports in and my game crashes EVERY time. It never fails, I literally always crash when the hammer pulls up to a fight. Ever since I upgraded from ps4 to ps5, I haven't had many performance issues besides skill delays, but I literally always crash when the hammer is around and it's beyond annoying.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    No, we need more artifacts :O

Now you are going to ask for Thanos' gauntlet? Snap of fingers...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely Sheogorath is bored of the hammer by now! Anything or nothing would be more interesting. Maybe the hammer should turn foes it strikes into butterflies for a time? Instant removal of threat but only briefly... Idk, the hammer never struck me as particularly interesting or balanced tbh.
  • PirateShaped
    I imagine Sheogorath laughing every time the 3rd place faction loses hammer at the gate. Same with the crashes and lag. Probably all working as intended.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's remove Volendrung and change it to Wabbajack.
    Wabbajack turns doors and walls and players into animals, which disappear after several uses.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung is trash, its always been trash.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it because it does shake up what's going on. It would be nice if there was a way to stop a current emp or winning team to not be able to pick up the hammer.

If a side has emperor atm they would not be able to pick it up. Leaving the other two sides able to pick it up so they could catch up.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AuraNebula wrote: »
    I like it because it does shake up what's going on. It would be nice if there was a way to stop a current emp or winning team to not be able to pick up the hammer.

If a side has emperor atm they would not be able to pick it up. Leaving the other two sides able to pick it up so they could catch up.

That just sounds like a good way for ball groups and gankers to convene. If they can't pick it up, they're most definitely not gonna allow the enemy alliance to pick it up, and I most definitely feel gankers and ball groups will just ap farm pugs who try to go grab it

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hammer simply worsens already existing alliance population balance issues...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 4, 2021 1:53AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    I don't mind about special artifacts which can be carried by a person. However there should be a couple of additional small-scale PvP objectives, which can lead to a nice impact. For example:

1) To control specific locations over a period of time to summon a drake which will put down some walls of a keep or destroy a milegate. This should then happen more likely against a faction which controls a large area of the map.
    2) Create and protect a caravan to a keep or outpost to receive an additional boon or AP bonus.
    3) Plunder a caravan and carry a relic back to a home-base for AP and rewards.
    etc.

Don’t know about how the community would feel (or if ZOS would bother to event attempt such an endeavor) but I’m all for secondary PvP objectives. I feel like it would freshen up the Alliance War, and allow for a more strategic approach to the core gameplay. While lag/server performance issues are prominent, this could possibly be lightened by

1) removing any NPCs that aren’t directly tied with PvP/Town quests
    2) Reducing the number of Guards at each Keep/Outpost

It’s also worth noting that such secondary objectives would probably have to be spread out over each Alliance (example being supply depots, say 4/5 owned by each faction along Transitus Shrine routes). Another idea could be siege engine factories, and by either being captured/destroyed would greatly increase the AP cost of siege engines and camps.

Other ideas could be the ability to fortify mile gates and bridges for a limited time/only to a certain health extent, though this is possibly open to being grossly exploited. Something I’ve also wanted to see since the first live action trailer was siege engines that could spawn lesser Daedra, like Scamps, Clanfears, Winged Twilights and such, perhaps have a catapult/trebuchet fire a container/AOE that allows them to spawn. While they wouldn’t have to have large health pools, they should be sufficient enough to cause a distraction. Also maybe have forward camps spawn friendly NPC guards?

All in all just tossing out some ideas, I’m aware some are a little more outlandish then others, but I think it’s worth discussing at the least.
    Edited by Imperial1995 on April 4, 2021 10:00AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

That just sounds like a good way for ball groups and gankers to convene. If they can't pick it up, they're most definitely not gonna allow the enemy alliance to pick it up, and I most definitely feel gankers and ball groups will just ap farm pugs who try to go grab it

Simple fix would be to have it teleport back to the stand where it was picked up after a short like 5 minute delay.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dragonmage4
    Dragonmage4
    Soul Shriven
    Please, Take it away!
    Accountabillabuddies - Ravenwatch

: )
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shower thought: would Volendrung be better if it didn't get shown on the map?

You can already mount and port with it so fast(ISH) travel is possible of the hammer. If it weren't shown on the map, then defenders would have to rely on scouts in zone chat reporting where it's been seen.

This one change may help fix the dumb population bunching and lag that the hammer causes, make it much more covert and tactical in how you use it, and far harder to overwhelm with sheer numbers as the winning or biggest army when defending against it.

Edited by rbfrgsp on April 4, 2021 12:45PM
  • deleted210809-001958
    make only one spawn point and place it in the middle of the Rumare lake would be a real madness
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way it is they still pick it up and no one has a chance at getting it anyways. The next thing you know your scrolls are gone and your sitting at the gate.
    It would never have a chance to spawn on their side if they are winning, so they would have to fight, but they wouldn't be able to mow down everyone with the hammer. Even if they fight was contained at one keep. It's not like they would be able to pick it up and move it at all. Lol.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sign up to this with both hands ... and even my feet...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primetime, sunday afternoon when the map is hardly moving in any direction and factions are neutralizing each other, then im really glad when hammer shows up and brings some dynamic in the game.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on April 7, 2021 9:10AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way it is they still pick it up and no one has a chance at getting it anyways. The next thing you know your scrolls are gone and your sitting at the gate.
    It would never have a chance to spawn on their side if they are winning, so they would have to fight, but they wouldn't be able to mow down everyone with the hammer. Even if they fight was contained at one keep. It's not like they would be able to pick it up and move it at all. Lol.

Regardless of if they can move it or not, it does not mean the winning alliance just won't faction stack it like any other objective like an Emp keep. Especially people who are in it for kills, if they drop the hammer they know where it is 24/7 and will just guard it until it goes away because they know people will try to pick it up so they'll just naturally go and defend that same spot until it's gone. There's really no point if the hammer goes no where. The point of the hammer is to allow for the map to be active when it's usually dead but if they just camp it and prevent it from moving then it's pointless having it to begin with

• Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with op. drop it in the slaughterfish. best place for it. New ideas are interesting, thank you zos. This one just didn't work out
  • SoulKing32
    SoulKing32
    ✭✭
    Volendrung creates horrible lag - it basically makes all three factions stack at one place. Zos should delete the hammer and focus on mechanics, that make ppl fight on different places on the map.
    Playing since launch. EU - PC - EP
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noticed tonight that teleport scrolls can't be used when wielding the hammer anymore. :|
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear. what a shame
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real madness is how it only spawns at a few of the many locations scattered around the map. Golden Saint duty near Bleakers must be the bottom of the Golden Saint employment ladder.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    It creates chaos, working as intended.

Need more artifacts.