The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eclectic Decorator Achivement: lock behind Crowns?

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I wanted to do an Eclectic Decorator Achivement on my alt. I already did it on my crafter some time ago, and it was easy. But what I see now? Here's a list of Miscellenious items, and they all seem to be Crown Store items:

Soul-Shriven, Armored
Soul-Shriven, Robed
Blue Butterfly Flock
Emerald Candlefly Gathering
Mists of the Hag Fen
Monarch Butterfly Flock
Shadow Tendril Patch
Sea Sload Astral Nodule, Large
Sea Sload Astral Nodule, Small
Sea Sload Neural Tree, Active
Transliminal Rupture
Webs, Cone
Webs, Thick Sheet

All craftable items like Hlaalu Hanger, that used to be Miscellenious, are now different cathegory! Hlaalu Hanger is Gallery now.

So, an achivement is locked? Please, clarify @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS
Edited by myskyrim26 on March 29, 2021 5:46PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went looking through fansights, and looks like there are some achievement based furnishings and a few crafted ones that are part of miscellaneous category, at least according to ESO fashion.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/misc-furnishing/general/

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I went looking through fansights, and looks like there are some achievement based furnishings and a few crafted ones that are part of miscellaneous category, at least according to ESO fashion.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/misc-furnishing/general/

They are no more Miscellenious. For example: Harvester’s Herbs. This items WAS miscellenious, but now it is Hearth, Stockroom. It doesn't count as miscellenious. Same for Pocket Change and all other miscellenious items. All Miscellenious items now are Crown Store, I posted a list from uesp....
    Edited by myskyrim26 on March 29, 2021 4:56PM
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already done it do you have the furnishings still? They don't need to be different, you just need to travel to the house that contains them with the new character I believe
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Find a Hlaalu Hanger, Mounted recipe and craft a bunch of them. It's a green Vvardenfell recipe that you can find for pretty cheap in traders.
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    If you've already done it do you have the furnishings still? They don't need to be different, you just need to travel to the house that contains them with the new character I believe

I do have them all in my house. The problem is these items are different cathegory now. They are no more Miscellenious. Pocket Change was Miscellenious. Now it is Parlor.
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a Hlaalu Hanger, Mounted recipe and craft a bunch of them. It's a green Vvardenfell recipe that you can find for pretty cheap in traders.

I just crafted one. It was under Miscellenious cathegory when crafted, but the item itself is Gallery in my inventory.
    Options
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »

I just crafted one. It was under Miscellenious cathegory when crafted, but the item itself is Gallery in my inventory.

Whoa, really? That's new information for me. I unlocked the achievement years ago. It may have been changed since then.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense where these items were reassigned to so I’m glad the categorization of those furnishings was updated. I think the achievement needs to be redesigned.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 29, 2021 5:38PM
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I crafted 20 Hlaalu Hangers. Placed. No achivement.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have them all in my house. The problem is these items are different cathegory now. They are no more Miscellenious. Pocket Change was Miscellenious. Now it is Parlor.

Oh that sucks. Here is a list of the crafted things that are miscellaneous in the crafting menu, no guarantee they will be in the housing menu tho.

Breton Tablecloth, Blue
    Breton Tablecloth, Striped
    Hlaalu Hanger, Mounted
    Hlaalu Towels, Folded
    Indoril Bellows, Practical
    Redoran Mantle Cloth, Crimson Cover
    Redoran Mantle Cloth, Crimson Coverlet
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    File a bug report in game as well. They claim it’s their preferred way of receiving them.

It’s definitely a bug that items are different categories at the crafting station than in a home. And it really does suggest they did this without thinking through the consequences in terms of achievements if they didn’t even update the crafting menu categories.
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that sucks. Here is a list of the crafted things that are miscellaneous in the crafting menu, no guarantee they will be in the housing menu tho.

Breton Tablecloth, Blue
    Breton Tablecloth, Striped
    Hlaalu Hanger, Mounted
    Hlaalu Towels, Folded
    Indoril Bellows, Practical
    Redoran Mantle Cloth, Crimson Cover
    Redoran Mantle Cloth, Crimson Coverlet

I just tried 20 Hlaalu Hangers - no achivement. They are Gallery items. @ZOS how can an Achivement be locked behind Crown Store?
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submitted a ticket #210329-004118. We'll see if I get any answer.

Honestly it's not the first time furnishing get different crafting and placement categories. Hlaalu Bath Tub, Masterwork is a Suite item that is crafted in Undercroft menu.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a lot more items in the miscellaneous category.

They got re-assigned "cleaned-up" and put into other categories

The achievement wasn't updated to compensate.

I'm sure it's just an oversight. Now as to when it'll be fixed... :joy: Would be nice to hear a confirmation for other fellow achievement hunters. (I got mine years ago, but others should have equal access from in-game items)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Submitted a ticket #210329-004118. We'll see if I get any answer.

Honestly it's not the first time furnishing get different crafting and placement categories. Hlaalu Bath Tub, Masterwork is a Suite item that is crafted in Undercroft menu.

Thank you! Also submitted a ticket.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I'm glad I haven't went for this yet. That's bs.
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found the list of all ex-miscellaneous items that were moved to other categories in patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7154050/#Comment_7154050
    Starting at
    The following housing items have been moved from Miscellaneous > General into other housing categories:
    That's pretty much everything and it looks to be intentional.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will the new Miscellaneous items, obtainable by in-game means, be added in the future? Will the conditions for the achievement be revised?
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Found the list of all ex-miscellaneous items that were moved to other categories in patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7154050/#Comment_7154050
    Starting at
    The following housing items have been moved from Miscellaneous > General into other housing categories:
    That's pretty much everything and it looks to be intentional.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will the new Miscellaneous items, obtainable by in-game means, be added in the future? Will the conditions for the achievement be revised?

So my initial thought is confirmed - the Achievement is locked behind Crown Store.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

They are no more Miscellenious. For example: Harvester’s Herbs. This items WAS miscellenious, but now it is Hearth, Stockroom. It doesn't count as miscellenious. Same for Pocket Change and all other miscellenious items. All Miscellenious items now are Crown Store, I posted a list from uesp....

huh... well that sucks. I really hope its an oversight.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no answer from ZOS...
    Options
  • twisterior
    This is so god damn frustrating... I just wanted to do the achievement and would I have done it a month earlier, all would be fine...
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twisterior wrote: »
    This is so god damn frustrating... I just wanted to do the achievement and would I have done it a month earlier, all would be fine...

Could you also submit a ticket in-game? The more tickets, the more hope to get @ZOS attention
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to keep this thread at the top til we get an answer
    Options
  • twisterior
    Well. No update this patch... Guess they are to busy with the Wrothgar Relic Hunter Fix :P
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, we can confirm this achievement should not be locked behind Crown Store purchases and we're working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, we can confirm this achievement should not be locked behind Crown Store purchases and we're working on getting it fixed.

Thank you!
    Options
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Gina!
    Options
  • twisterior
    Nice :D pushing the thread worked. And thanks for the update :)
    Options
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really nice they fixed that!
    Options