The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where IN GAME to start "A Mortal's Touch"?

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
Like, all the other Prologues to Chapters (and Orsinium, which is pretty much a Chapter before anybody thought of designating some DLCs as Chapters) have things that start them off. Sometimes multiple things.

For instance, Stuga will chase you all over Davons Watch, Daggerfall or Vulkhel Guard, for Orsinium.

Or you can run into Alessio Guillon in most of the game's inns, to start off "The Missing Prophecy" for Morrowind.

Or there's the Order of the Eye Dispatch in most Mages Guilds, including some fairly unlikely ones, to start "Of Knives and Long Shadows", for Clockwork.

Vanus Galerion hangs around the major Mages Guilds to start off the Summerset prologue, "Through a Veil Darkly

"Cyrodiilic Collections Needs You" note will direct you to Concordia Mercius - who is also standing around with a quest marker over her head - for Murkmire's "Ruthless Competition".

Abnur Tharn can be found in various places to start off Elsweyr with "The Demon Weapon". Kasura hangs around in inns specially to start off Dragonhold with "The Dragonguard's Legacy".

Either Lyris Titanborn herself, or a messenger who points you to her, is available in starter cities to start the Greymoor prologue, "The Coven Conspiracy". And the House Ravenwatch Contract points you to Gwendis, to start off Markarth with "The Ravenwatch Inquiry".

So where, IN GAME - not in the crown store - does one start off the new Blackwood prologue? I know what UESP spoiler site says on the matter, but this is not currently the case, so please verify that your information is current before you answer?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the Prologue quest is not active yet.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glenumbra, right outside Daggerfall, is one location — talk to Rogatus Cinna.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in the Crown Store. So it should be active in-game.

Unless this is another botch...
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59771
    This article says it is active now.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Southern Malabal Tor is reportedly the third.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Glenumbra, right outside Daggerfall, is one location — talk to Rogatus Cinna.

Thanks, that worked. I assume that similar locations are likely therefore to be near Vulkhel Guard and Davons Watch?

A "Cart to the Location Shown On Your Map" took me to Rivenspire - Erokii Ruins.

Oddly enough, when I purchased the quest from the store, I got a "Go to the location shown on your map", but there was no location shown on the map - I was in Vvardenfell at the time. Eventually following quest arrows pointed me, via the boat to Mournhold, and then the road south to Shadowfen, to a delve in Shadowfen... So, (a) I presume it's faction-related, and (b) buying the quest in the quest store gave me the marker from the wrong faction.

It needs to be (a) made more obvious, which province you should actually go to, and (b) sorted out so that the faction-specific thing works properly.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Southern Malabal Tor is reportedly the third.
    Yes it should be one for each alliance.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59771
    This article says it is active now.

Ah, missed the announcement today. Good to know.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed that quest a couple of weeks ago with 3 of my characters, there was a letter on a rock outside of the southernmost delve in Malabal Tor.

Edit: link
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564836/a-mortals-touch
    Edited by Khenarthi on March 31, 2021 7:29PM
    PC-EU
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing doomcraig in rivenspire and I can't even go there yet. Quest locked
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to the correct place but no lyranth. Marker here but no npc
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Mortal's_Touch

Each Alliance starting Quest giver NPC (Rogatus Cinna) is in a different spot. You need to go to the Undaunted camp fr your characters Alliance. Or you can you get the stating quest scroll (free) from the crown store.

Edited by majulook on March 31, 2021 9:22PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Mortal's_Touch

Each Alliance starting Quest giver NPC (Rogatus Cinna) is in a different spot. You need to go to the Undaunted camp fr your characters Alliance. Or you can you get the stating quest scroll (free) from the crown store.

I checked the Undaunted Enclave at Elden Root (on an AD toon), but the questgiver was not there. I found him just outside of Daggerfall, near the bridge by the Jester's festival tent.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this must be an official change from the original accidental leak. So, it's now "factional starting city" - Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard, Davons Watch.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine the same place with the Jester event and Impressio were at.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can't find him in *either* Davons Watch or Ebonheart on my Pact toon... nor can I find him in Vulkhel Guard on a Dominion toon.

So.

Let's find him.

Where, IN PACT OR DOMINION TERRITORY, is Rogatus Cinna? We know that IN COVENANT TERRITORY he is outside the eastern gate of Daggerfall.

Please do not copy your answer from UESP (which is incorrect in stating that he is at Undaunted Enclaves). Please VERIFY your answer before posting, by actually finding him in-game and posting his location.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP is correct tho, he is near the Undaunted Enclaves for Pact and Dominion.
    For the Pact, he is in Deshaan, directly south from the southern-west city gates.
    For the Domnion it's Elden Root, directly south from the writ turn in place, at the crossroads.
    Both of these locations are south-east from their respective Undaunted Enclaves.

It's the Covenant that breaks the mold for some reason.

Tbh, there should have been only one location, it's pointless to have 3 separate locations fom the same quest like this since One Tamriel allows anyone to go anywhere.
    Edited by phantasmalD on April 3, 2021 2:47PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UESP is correct tho, he is near the Undaunted Enclaves for Pact and Dominion.
    For the Pact, he is in Deshaan, directly south from the southern-west city gates.
    For the Domnion it's Elden Root, directly south from the writ turn in place, at the crossroads.
    Both of these locations are south-east from their respective Undaunted Enclaves.

It's the Covenant that breaks the mold for some reason.

Tbh, there should have been only one location, it's pointless to have 3 separate locations fom the same quest like this since One Tamriel allows anyone to go anywhere.

Thanks for clarifying! But I would definitely not tell a friend to go towards the Elden Root Undaunted enclave itself if I meant to tell them to go to the crossroads south of the writ turn-ins. Heck, I didn’t even see the black arrow above the questgiver’s head when I checked the Elden Root enclave, that’s how far away he is.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah. Thanks. I'll check it out and then correct the UESP site.

I guess the reason for three different start points is that it's now become officially Traditional for each faction to have a starting point of their own, in their own domains somewhere, for all the quests, and the usual places are in either the first city (Daggerfall, Vulkhel, Davons) or the capital (Wayrest, Elden, Mournhold).
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s also worth noting there seem to be three ways to start the quest, covering 7 individual “questgivers”:

-Crown Store

-Rogatus Cinna (3 instances), who points you to the same lorebook given to you by the crown store

-The letter by itself near the delve in Malabal Tor, Shadowfen, and Rivenspire

That letter by itself is actually a different lorebook entry (same name, different category) from the letter provided by the Crown Store/Rogatus Cinna.