The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question in regard to having both pc and console versions.

Ohnooze
Ohnooze
✭✭✭
So I bought the whole package for ps5 but the frame rate and graphics are so bad that I loaded up my pc version while I wait for the ps5 to get it's patch.

So can i in play my pc characters on the console or am I going to have to start over when the patch hits for consoles?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on April 2, 2021 3:12PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Ohnooze

It is not possible to transfer characters, gear, gold, crowns or items between different accounts, servers, or platforms.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to start all over again. Console versions and PC version are not connected and never will be.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... Thanks for the replies.

That's unfortunate. Honestly I wish I had not bought the console version at all now.

I guess the big question is "how will it compare to the pc"...
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a shame. I have seen character transfers between servers in other games. I guess crossing platforms is more challenging.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Console Enhanced version will be almost as good as the best PC version you get from ZOS. I don’t really see a huge difference here in the end. Unless you have a very very good gaming PC you will be better off with ESO on Series X or PS5 after June.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The Console Enhanced version will be almost as good as the best PC version you get from ZOS. I don’t really see a huge difference here in the end. Unless you have a very very good gaming PC you will be better off with ESO on Series X or PS5 after June.

We will see. Right now the difference is really night and day imo. The advantage to ps5 is that it supports HDR. I like playing on both to be honest but I just can't play it on console in it's current state.
    Edited by Ohnooze on April 2, 2021 3:21PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s your issue with it? I’m playing on Series X and I experience zero issues besides the ones that are solely caused by the wonky game engine or ZOS‘ servers.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ohnooze
    Ohnooze
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    What’s your issue with it? I’m playing on Series X and I experience zero issues besides the ones that are solely caused by the wonky game engine or ZOS‘ servers.

Couple things.
    The biggest is the frame rate. If you have played pc it's damn hard to go back to console.

Also the graphics quality.

It's just a different experience.

Even though I have a decent pc I really prefer to play more action oriented games on console. Eso is not a tab target type of game so it fits consoles imo.