Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO can run on Steam Link samsung phone?

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I previously created another topic related to Linux but it seems that laptop is long dead so I will keep it for nostalgia purposes and nothing else,

Now then, I found out there is a application on cellphones named Steam Link allows to play games on android and mac devices, I own a samsung phone pie update basically J7 Prime 2, can I play it on that phone? do I need the game run at same time with phone? I had some bad experience with normal Windows 10 usage specificly with this game so I rather keep it away from my main computer, that is why I keep asking playable on that on this,

Samsung site says this phone have octa core, is this enough to play on it? I have no real information about Steam Link so feel free to educate me if you have time,

I really do want to play this since I do love elder scrolls story and its lore and since next game will arrive in 999 years ESO is my only option,

I also have the CDs from subscription era of this game, can I somehow make the Steam recognize my CD files? At least I can speed up the remaining download process a little, I also learned this in a hard way never ever click the "verify game files" for this game on Steam, but thats another topic. I also learned steamapps/common area have extreme sensivity of folder names, so what is it the ESO default name under that directory so perhaps I can make my already installed files recognized?

Thank you and may the Emperor Titus Mede II protect you and Lydia,
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm not understanding your post. It seems you want to run the game directly on your phone. Steam link doesn't work that way. Steam link uses your computer to run whatever game you want then mirrors the screen to another device like a TV, phone, etc. It doesn't run the game on the mirrored screen. In other words, if you mirror to your phone you still need your computer running the game.
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    tc91101 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not understanding your post. It seems you want to run the game directly on your phone. Steam link doesn't work that way. Steam link uses your computer to run whatever game you want then mirrors the screen to another device like a TV, phone, etc. It doesn't run the game on the mirrored screen. In other words, if you mirror to your phone you still need your computer running the game.

Thank you for the vital info
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a link that describes it better:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

• DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    What about in a VM? can I run it on VMware by using some of the resources I have on my host computer? Do VMs have direct connections to the GPU?
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about in a VM? can I run it on VMware by using some of the resources I have on my host computer? Do VMs have direct connections to the GPU?

This might help

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483393/can-i-play-this-on-a-vm
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

This might help

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483393/can-i-play-this-on-a-vm

LOL so I asked this before I even forgot how to do and reply afterwards, I can only assume I got scared and give up regardless. It is just bad side of living outside of the town and every single time when an hardware fails we have to drive like to the repair store and all that chore, so I cannot take basically any risk.

I guess I will completely give up on this game,

What I had before, played this on a AMD old graphics card something like R7 370 as far as ı remember and when I quit the game screen become black and from that point GPU died? Because I was using a screen recorder with hardware acceleration enabled at same time I stopped the recording while quits?

Only god will know this answer and I give up,

Thank you
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about VMs. I can't imagine it being able to be emulated and actually run on a phone but I suppose anything is possible. It sounds like it would be easier to get a new graphics card if that's the problem.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

This might help

LOL so I asked this before I even forgot how to do and reply afterwards, I can only assume I got scared and give up regardless. It is just bad side of living outside of the town and every single time when an hardware fails we have to drive like to the repair store and all that chore, so I cannot take basically any risk.

I guess I will completely give up on this game,

What I had before, played this on a AMD old graphics card something like R7 370 as far as ı remember and when I quit the game screen become black and from that point GPU died? Because I was using a screen recorder with hardware acceleration enabled at same time I stopped the recording while quits?

Only god will know this answer and I give up,

Thank you

Literally only just realised you published that thread, too. No sarcasm intended just searched for using a VM and linked the top thread.

Hope you figure it out though.
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    You could order a graphics card online maybe and have it delivered to your door?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SteamLink was basically the precursor to services like Stadia. Streaming the game to Device A, while Device B (Computer) is actually running the game.
    Edited by Goregrinder on March 31, 2021 3:43PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Steam Link basically streams from your PC to another device, the PC has to be running the game concurrently with your phone. The phone's processor, ram, and other specs don't actually matter when streaming as it will be running your PC's gpu not your phone, the phone just acts as another monitor source and relay for commands to your PC for input; you may experience delays the further away you get from your PC or get disconnected more frequently. It may also double up your bandwidth usage, depending on whether you want the stream to your phone using your wifi or over 4G / 5G to receive it. You also have to setup a custom control scheme with Steam Big Picture mode and touch screen.

This isn't ESO, but its the same premise and you can duplicate for it. If you want to skip to customizing controls, go to the 5 minute mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTNPoBUYuXI

My ESO account is tied to both Steam and Stadia so I can play it on my PC and play the same account on my phone. I use a Razer Kishi as my gamepad on an LG G8X, it works wonders. Unlike with Steam Link, I'm not streaming ESO from my PC to my phone so I'm not doubling up on bandwidth usage. The only problem doing this is I can't use addons, but all my keybinds and settings are carried over so its not as bad.

With Stadia you don't need a subscription, just buy the base game ($10 or so) from their store front then when it asks you which account you want linked, use your Steam/PC account and it will play that same one. At this point it uses Google Stadia servers, there's a small delay but mostly it doesn't affect gameplay that much. The only issue is I can't open locked chests above intermediate because of the delay, Advanced and Master chests have to be forced open.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on March 31, 2021 3:54PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason why this game should mess up your main computer provided that it meets the specs required to run ESO. I suggest you give some information about the computer's specs.
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OPs issue is he is having troubles with his graphics card and he was looking for ways to bypass the graphics card. I don't steam link bypasses the PC Graphics card. All Steam Link does is turn a bunch of different devices with screens into a monitor. It's really no different conceptually than running an HDMI cable from your PC to your TV.
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    There is no reason why this game should mess up your main computer provided that it meets the specs required to run ESO. I suggest you give some information about the computer's specs.

It's a fried graphics card I think. Simplest solution is fix the graphics card and/or the PC.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tc91101 wrote: »
    I think the OPs issue is he is having troubles with his graphics card and he was looking for ways to bypass the graphics card. I don't steam link bypasses the PC Graphics card. All Steam Link does is turn a bunch of different devices with screens into a monitor. It's really no different conceptually than running an HDMI cable from your PC to your TV.

Yup no matter how you spin it, someone's computer has to run ESO which means it needs a CPU, a Motherboard, RAM, PSU, and a GPU as well as some form of drive. There is no way around it. This isn't runescape and soon to be Eve Online, where you can run the game from a web browser. At least not yet it's not.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to make optometrists rich using all the small screens.