The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to reset Fungal Grotto 1 for solo farming?

Scardan
Scardan
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to run it to farm Dreugh King jewelry and weapons. But it does not resets when I leave the dungeon. Is here a timer? Any ways to reset the dungeon solo?
Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.

Best Answers

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Leave the dungeon and change your dungeon difficulty to normal/vet (whichever you're not farming), then back again. I think that should reset it.

That's half of it I think. You need to switch difficulty and then travel into the dungeon and then leave the dungeon and switch difficulty back to what you want it on.
    Nope. Just switch difficulty and straight back, albeit you have to be in a group.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port into a different dungeon in between. I like to park in wayrest when solo farming. Hit the vendors and dump inventory, run into wayrest sewers then back out, then port back into the farming instance.

It’s been awhile since I’ve done it, but it has consistently worked through the years.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave the dungeon and change your dungeon difficulty to normal/vet (whichever you're not farming), then back again. I think that should reset it.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thx=)
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not on it's own. I think you have to be in a group in order for this to work. The trick is as follows:

(1) Log on as a different character.
    (2) Group with a friend.
    (3) Relog as your farming character.
    (4) Get your friend to group with you.
    (5) Your friend may now leave the group.

You're now grouped with yourself. One of your chars is offline, but this works to reset the dungeon and it doesn't tie up your friend who may want to participate in another group.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's half of it I think. You need to switch difficulty and then travel into the dungeon and then leave the dungeon and switch difficulty back to what you want it on.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a bug though, it's no violation to repeatedly solo a dungeon it should have been straightforward to do
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually:

1. You need to be in a group. The other player can be offline! So if you've got a friend or guild mate who's doing something else solo or even just about to log out, you might want to group!
    2. Leave the dungeon.
    3. Switch between veteran and normal mode.
    4. Get back into the dungeon.

This works with trials and Skyreach catacombs. I never tried it with Group Dungeons, but it should be the same. It is best done when you stand in front of the actual dungeon entrance. Then, after completing it, you can use "P-T-E" (leave instance), reset it and just use the door to get back into the new instance.

This is considered a work-around for a feature players are long waiting for.

Oh - to be able to change the dungeon difficulty, this must not be a group which used the Group Finder! As soon as you use the Group Finder, your difficulty will be locked and you can't change it anymore! This is even true if your group consists of 4 players and you are just using it as a quick port into a dungeon!
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole system is really janky. Ive tried in the past when farming OS; most recently tried a whole bunch of things when doing vateshrans.

Changing difficulty, grouping and changing difficulty, porting into a different dungeon, porting into a different dungeon and killing the first boss, waiting 15 minutes, logging to another toon, etc etc

The only thing I found worked consistently was to just log to another character and do my daily writs on them then log back. That worked every time.