The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

technical question 3rd person view

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
I play in 3rd person mode, from above and behind my player, but if I run into a confined space (like in a keep one of the little rooms with boxes trolls run behind) my view collapses and I can't see the other player. Or, running up the middle tower over a keep gate, on those steps the view collapses and I can't see anything, or chasing a tower *** when I go up the steps.

Is there some way to prevent this so I can see the other player all the time? I have looked at a few streamers and they dont seem to have this.

I am wondering if I have a setting wrong
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The camera will often struggle in closed places. Best way I found to keep a clear view is to swap to 1st person when I enter a house.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know of a way to 'fix' it. I just deal with it and generally keep my view distance set to about 8 clicks out. I have a friend (PC) who has zoom in/out set to her mouse wheel and routinely zooms way in or way out, depending on the situation, but remains in 3rd person.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo