The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

We need new weapons & skill lines more than new sets & classes

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm leveling a new character now and I find myself bored to death of the current weapon choices. We get loads of new sets every release but our weapons remain the same. I would rather have new skill lines and new weapons (mostly new weapons).

We have three staff types but all work the same. Three 2H weapons but again all the same skills.

How about an Alteration Staff for a true defensive magicka weapon to rival sword and shield? How about a long pole-type weapon for a mid-range fighter? Or how about just giving the different types of 2H weapons different skills. The different types of staffs different skills? I just need some more ways to make my characters feel different from each other.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed/monk/claw combat please. Also unarmed magic or runes would be amazing.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spears 2h and 1h options. What i was thinking , they could make it so both magika and stamina could use them but for magika it would be more for the arcane warrior type . Let's face it , most morphs in the game are pretty useless it would not be a strech to get a weapon type that can make both magika and stamina happy, by making the passives universal to both resources and spliting the morphs 50/50. I have always played on stamina but it would be interesting for magika to have more close quarters combat options.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed combat would be cool.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossbows would be a great addition.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new, they need to fix and balance the game with the content it has.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

I'm tired of hearing that while our options to play are limited to dizzy swing on dang near every stamina build. Tired to death.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that we don't have an Unarmed skill line yet fills me with ineffable sadness.

I mean, we have an entire Elsweyr expansion. Why did Necromancers fit that content, but Unarmed fighting didn't?
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    They can’t balance this game; they never can. So Atleast add new interesting things.

For the Queen bby
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duel shields, chain blades, a gun that shoot knives that explode once they impale the victim
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This request comes up every second week...Even if e.g. spears were added, two months later everyone would come again and want something new.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    This request comes up every second week...Even if e.g. spears were added, two months later everyone would come again and want something new.

Your totally right. If people bring up something new constantly then people totally DONT want it and Zos should never ever do it.

No.

They should totally add new weapons OBVIOUSLY everyone wants them.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least I want more weapon style that look like spears.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should split the staff elements and make separate skill lines for each type as well as add a pure magic damage variant, I'm honestly tired of using fire all the time because it's just the best one.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loathe reading about new armor sets every content update, once a year would be enough for me.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would welcome additional classes that remove the subclasses from the current class system to receive a more complete class; where they could implement class passives similar to racial passives to further distinguish their play style.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New weapons and spellcrafting are pretty much all I want at this point. Maybe one day
  • Truupe
    Truupe
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Unarmed/monk/claw combat please. Also unarmed magic or runes would be amazing.

So itching for a Punchcat build....maybe with some of the Skyrim finishers as skills?

Would love a Siatama build too.

• Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    No new skill lines please, while I would like that and I am a sub, but I'm sure they will lock it behind expansion/DLC, and not every player will be able to get it, I would like to see more morphs and customizations to be honest, more meaningful choices when it comes to building your character, something that is noCP, while CP is interesting for me personally I don't value it, since I do BGs and overland content, very rarely I go to dungeons, and then again, on normal, just to pass the time or get easy keys.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that at least staves should do different things depending on element. I mean there are slight variations and Frost Staff is the most different, but they should move them away from each other even more. Speaking of Frost Staff, I would change Ancient Knowledge to "Increases your Critical Chance by 8%". I mean Frost builds need Crit as that is what Brittle and Warden passives rely on. They can move the blocking bonus and pool it into the taunt morph Clench.
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭
    And also more than 2 morph options,
    it would really increase gameplay variety.
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoSePHRiNG wrote: »
    And also more than 2 morph options,
    it would really increase gameplay variety.

A lot of people want 3rd morph but it's a lot to ask. They could do it with weapons only but that could lead to class skills never being picked. Third morphs on all skills is a huge amount of work and would likely be gated behind a paywall if they were to do it. Not that I would mine, a different style of DLC that adds third morphs to all classes and weapons would be something I would pay for if the morphs were:

a: Not overpowered

b: Offered a different style of play beyond damage numbers.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only new weapon I want to see is the addition of pure tanking staff - designed as such from the ground up. Like we have a pure healer staff - designed as such from the ground up. A spin off of this obviously would be to refocus the ice destruction staff back purely to dps.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only new weapon I want to see is the addition of pure tanking staff - designed as such from the ground up. Like we have a pure healer staff - designed as such from the ground up. A spin off of this obviously would be to refocus the ice destruction staff back purely to dps.

Yes an alteration staff with armor buff spells/armor debuffs, paralysis spells, and even immovability spells.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed/claws/flame fists from Elsweyr would be amazing.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more physical/stamina ranged weapons. Both the wife and I love to play ranged and she refuses to play melee while i will play it, i don't enjoy it very much. I would like not have to choose between bow and staffs all the time. Id like to see crossbows, slingshot, throwing axe/dart/stars...hell even maybe a bomb chucker that makes and thows alchemical bombs.
  • CableBomb
    CableBomb
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Alteration Stave, Magic Stave... more weapons and less sets that are useless and full of stupid five-piece bonuses that make less and less sense and become more and more convoluted due to the overabundance of sets as it is.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    magicka really needs some type of 1h magic weapon skill line/lines with magicka scaling skills.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka needs a second weapon.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im fairly certain the constant barrage of new sets is their substitute for things like new skills.

I remember when the game launched and people complained about the structure of having skill lines and classes, ZOS' biggest argument was that they can more easily add more in the future.

7 years on, not 1 new weapon, a single combat skill line and 2 classes added.

Its also possible that all their creative capital goes into sets nowadays.

Edit, i guess i forgot wpn ultimates and vamp/ww reworks, still tho..
    Edited by Firstmep on April 6, 2021 1:40PM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're in dire need of a Melee Magicka Weapon skill line (1h and rune) along with a patch that brings Hybrid DPS into the PvE meta. Maybe buff DKs while they're at it since DKs are supposed to be the Magicka Melee class.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.