The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need new weapons & skill lines more than new sets & classes

• Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    The primary holdup for an idea like this is probably something silly like, needing to add a new motif to every style, needing to update the associated achievements, all that stuff. Compared to adding a new class, adding a new weapon would probably be more work, for less marketability/perceived impact.

ESO keeping all content relevant always has its rare drawbacks when it comes to things like adding new weapons.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No we don't.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    No we don't.

Yes we do.
  • nihoumab14_ESO
    nihoumab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    New skill lines I'd like to see added in terms of most realistic (i.e. things that don't require new weapon models to be created for all the motifs)

2 Handed Swords (keep as existing 2 handed line)
    2 handed axes: could have skills like a whirlwind frenzy
    2 handed maces/hammers: Could be themed around hammer leaps, and smashing your foes sending them flying back

Dual wielding could potentially be broken down into 4 skill lines, and it could be based on which weapon you have equipped as primary similar to how 1 hand and shield is set based off of having a shield in your offhand, the current dual wield skills are all themed around daggers/swords anyways, and you could very well have builds themed around a mace main hand, dagger, sword, and axe.

Split each destruction staff into it's own independent skill line. Fire, lightning, and frost are all obvious, but if they don't want to split up the destruction staffs (or even if they did), we could even get entirely new staff lines, like alteration for that magicka tanky skill line they tried to hamfist into frost, conjuration for some of that otherworldly summoning goodness, illusion for crowd control

Of course, probably the most requested weapon skill line (based on my anecdotal observations) is 1 hand and rune/magicka/nothing for a melee magicka weapon skill line. This could have a veriety of melee magicka skills. This could potentially even be split into different additional magicka lines based on what weapon is held. Sword and magicka, mace and magicka, axe and magicka, and dagger and magicka, though that could be excessive on the magicka side of things at that point.

These are all options that don't require any new weapon models be created aside from animations, allowing it to be slid into the existing weapon system easily

I'd also like to see them either add a 3rd morph option for at least class skills to allow greater class variety, or an extra skill to each of the 3 class skill lines. This would allow them to add space for things like a ranged magicka attack for Mag DKs and group healing/group utility for DKs, as an example.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears & Unarmed as a hybrid weapon would be awesome.

However I will also consider 1H only (fencing), focused purely on ST dmg, blocks & dodges ;)