The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to install

Tobor_8
Tobor_8
After receiving order confirmation with links from Bethesda.net, I follow the link and download the installer. Immediately after initiating the installer, I get the message "Please select another location to extract installer to.". That's the end of it. I cannot select another, or any directory, the message remains. I've spent a week on a ticket with Bethesda and they can't solve this problem. They gave up and told me to look for help on the forum. Here I am, can somebody help?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tobor_8

What is your current ticket number?

We can check on the current status of this support issue for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tobor_8
    Tobor_8
    Question Reference # 210226-003997
  • Tobor_8
    Tobor_8
    The status should be closed. I was told I could not be helped.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tobor_8

Thank you for posting the ticket number. Next, could you post a screenshot of the install error message coming up when running the launcher?
    Staff Post
  • Tobor_8
    Tobor_8
    z70iuwse3v1n.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for providing the screenshot. There are some additional troubleshooting steps in the following threads that may help with this issue.

Can't even install the launcher!
    Installer not working
    Staff Post
  • Tobor_8
    Tobor_8
    The two links yield nothing, I don't get nearly that far into the install. The window I sent you a photo of is a prompt for the location to download to. No selection I make will initiate the install...nothing happens. I have never encountered a problem installing games online. I have an online Bethesda game I had no issues installing or playing.

There is one line of code in your program that is trying to write a folder to a drive to download the install files into, only my computer isn't allowing it to happen, this isn't an accident, the exact thing happens regardless of other actions I take including disabling my firewall entirely. Can you help me work through your program? It shouldn't be so difficult to figure out why the program will not run. It isn't the program, too many other people use it. I isn't the computer, it has successfully downloaded and played too many online games; It's the program on my computer...help me figure it out.