The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dear DPS, using pake order in vet dungeons

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭
Please know your healer hates you. Especially when you die again and again... Worst then one shots is the choice you made for us not to heal you.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 22, 2022 12:18AM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage Per Second. :p
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/GLD90_ukT80

Just the same situation for TESO
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    How does pale order help your dps? you loose your monster set proc or one of your 5 piece bonuses.

Now its nice then soloing stuff but you looses out healing from others and the SPC proc if healer run it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new CP skill let you heal for 9% (or something) of direct damage done. Since most of damage comes from direct spam/light attacks, you can use that, instead of Puke Order Ring.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    How does pale order help your dps? you loose your monster set proc or one of your 5 piece bonuses.

Now its nice then soloing stuff but you looses out healing from others and the SPC proc if healer run it.

I think he meant that title should be "Dear DD" because DPS is personless statistic while we talk about DD - Damage Dealer :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not do damage, they do damage per second, so they are DPS not DD.

DD do damage to kill some thing. DPSwill hit immun target if it just show more numbers.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

I think he meant that title should be "Dear DD" because DPS is personless statistic while we talk about DD - Damage Dealer :)

But everybody deals some damage... And everyone knows DD stands for Direct Damage as opposed to DoT, Damage over Time. 😋
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😛 It's dps on NA. That's the term we use. I swear to you people be like LF dps 999/1000 times over dd term on NA
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on March 17, 2021 8:22AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol this happened to me when I was tomb healer

The DD in tomb had pale order ring, I tried to spam everything I had and it was not healing

Guess who got the blame

Heheh

:joy:

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

😛 It's dps on NA. That's the term we use. I swear to you people be like LF dps 999/1000 times over dd term on NA

Yes, it’s like a tight end. You call a player that because that’s where he plays, not what he is or does. Many game positions use metonymy like this in their names.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh you youngsters.

DPS was the most widely used shorthand for "person who specializes in damage" for decades in gaming. Especially in online gaming, and double especially in MMO's.

Is "DD" more concise and logical? Yes. But DPS is a perfectly cromulent term that doesn't need "correcting".
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Lol this happened to me when I was tomb healer

The DD in tomb had pale order ring, I tried to spam everything I had and it was not healing

Guess who got the blame

Heheh

:joy:

Had not one but two people think it was a good idea during last boss of vwgt. They just dead on normal waves that spin around. I am like you died because you I couldn't heal you and then I had to waste time rezzing you because of it.

I wasn't even nice about it either...I was like idiot at the end.

Oh side note...pale order users can still get heals from orbs synergy
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on March 17, 2021 8:32PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »

Oh you youngsters.

DPS was the most widely used shorthand for "person who specializes in damage" for decades in gaming. Especially in online gaming, and double especially in MMO's.

Is "DD" more concise and logical? Yes. But DPS is a perfectly cromulent term that doesn't need "correcting".

I just follow how everyone else does it. Used to 👀 call characters toon because that's how my people spoke at the time. ( Joined eso in million dollar lottery with all those wow players)
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    I always go into a PUG dungeon with my Pale Order on. But, the first thing I ask is "real heal or fake heal? So I know to replace my Pale Order & self heal".

If I don't get a reply, it stays on. If you tell me that you are, in fact, a healer, then the ring and self heal get replaced and I do more damage.

The issue is that too many people queue for heal when they are a DD (although, this doesn't bother me as much as fake tank, but that is a different story). So, a Pale Order ring for tank/DD is a must when doing PUG dungeons. But, you should always have a replacement if there is a healer.

On the flip-side, if I ask that, and you don't reply, then complain about not being able to heal me and we wipe... technically, that is on you. After all, I did ask. It isn't that hard to type "yes" or "no"... or even "y" or "n" if you cba to type the rest.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheForFeeF wrote: »
    I always go into a PUG dungeon with my Pale Order on. But, the first thing I ask is "real heal or fake heal? So I know to replace my Pale Order & self heal".

If I don't get a reply, it stays on. If you tell me that you are, in fact, a healer, then the ring and self heal get replaced and I do more damage.

The issue is that too many people queue for heal when they are a DD (although, this doesn't bother me as much as fake tank, but that is a different story). So, a Pale Order ring for tank/DD is a must when doing PUG dungeons. But, you should always have a replacement if there is a healer.

On the flip-side, if I ask that, and you don't reply, then complain about not being able to heal me and we wipe... technically, that is on you. After all, I did ask. It isn't that hard to type "yes" or "no"... or even "y" or "n" if you cba to type the rest.

I don't understand...why people just don't kick fake healer if the situation is that bad. I main healer role and doing random normal on each of them since this patch has given me grey hairs when I see someone dying because I can't heal them with ring on.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that ring.

I prefer to either slot critical surge, or to rely on my healer if he is not fake.
    I'm a DPS, everything I wear to increase my personnal survivability, is something that I don't wear to cause damage of help the group.
    Wearing that ring always cause a nuisance in a group, wether it's loss of DPS or the annoyment of my healer.

And yeah .. stupid stuff happens, with that ring. The other day, I saw someone wearing it in vSS .. hilarity ensued. (at least he didn't volunteer for tombs ..)
    Edited by preevious on March 17, 2021 9:06AM
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Deal, the pake stays off. I give you my word as a measure.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ehh I assume healers are fake now days so I wear it going in unless it’s pre arranged.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I had a run with two DD's I could not heal, because of Pale Order Ring.
    And the Tank was a Warden health tank with a lot of self heal. Spell Power Cure was useless. I switche to damage dealing mid Dungeon.

MWuahhh! :s
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand...why people just don't kick fake healer if the situation is that bad. I main healer role and doing random normal on each of them since this patch has given me grey hairs when I see someone dying because I can't heal them with ring on.

When doing vet dungeons, you can easily run it with 1 tank 3 DD without any issues. Sometimes, a self-heal is enough, but a Pale Order ring covers the "what-if" situations.

Unfortunately, healers get shafted by a lot of content in this game, so there aren't many of them at all. So, when using the LFG tool, a lot of people fake-heal.

I'd kick a fake-tank in a heartbeat. But, with a fake-heal, I'd rather put on my Pale Order and self-heal and get the dungeons done. If it becomes a problem, I ask if the fake-heal can off-heal, if not, they get kicked and we look for another healer. However, I've never had a problem with a fake healer when I have my self-heal and pale order on.
    Edited by TheForFeeF on March 17, 2021 10:46AM
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you youngsters.

This 100%. I still use DPS out of habit from 10+ years of playing MMOs.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, you start with it unequipped, as you will find out pretty fast if you're with a healer or not. Usually at the first boss. If you die due to a lack of heals and not due to a one shot you screwed up on then equip the ring.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh you youngsters.

What about people loosening their grip on the meaning of lose?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the only game I know of who calls damage dealers DDs, everyone else calls them dps.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    They do not do damage, they do damage per second, so they are DPS not DD.

DD do damage to kill some thing. DPSwill hit immun target if it just show more numbers.

Somebody who is doing damage is a Damage Dealer. DPS is that thing what he is doing Damage Per Second. Somebody who bakes cakes is baker, not the cake itself. Abbreviations have a definite meaning, it is even silly to discuss this! xD

Oh you youngsters.

Oh, you oldies :p.
    You all used abbreviations wrong. For whole decades xD.
    Edited by Scardan on March 17, 2021 11:51AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It increases your dps by a lot of you combine it with shimmering frenzy. Technically shimmering frenzy is the thing that increases your dps but you need pale order to survive when frenzy is draining 10k hp per sec and more.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:smiley: I thought you implied that people used the ring of pale order to increase their dps.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When doing vet dungeons, you can easily run it with 1 tank 3 DD without any issues. Sometimes, a self-heal is enough, but a Pale Order ring covers the "what-if" situations.

Unfortunately, healers get shafted by a lot of content in this game, so there aren't many of them at all. So, when using the LFG tool, a lot of people fake-heal.

I'd kick a fake-tank in a heartbeat. But, with a fake-heal, I'd rather put on my Pale Order and self-heal and get the dungeons done. If it becomes a problem, I ask if the fake-heal can off-heal, if not, they get kicked and we look for another healer. However, I've never had a problem with a fake healer when I have my self-heal and pale order on.

Now there's some deep hypocrisy for you.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my MMO experience I have to call healers as "Engineer" or "Engi" and damage dealers as "Storm". 😏
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother arguing over whether it's DD or DPS, you knew what they meant in either case?
This discussion has been closed.