The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions - H-Armor & D-Staff Sorceress

Sarenia
Sarenia
✭✭✭✭✭
Decided to make a heavy armor sorceress who uses a destruction staff, and relies heavily on Daedric summons. It's probably non-optimal, but it sounds fun.

I do have a couple questions though.

ZOS has stated that destruction staff light/heavy attacks scale based upon stamina, whereas the spells are based upon magicka. How much of a difference does stamina make for a destruction staff's damage though? Is it minor, or major?

I'm not typically a min/maxer but I'm wary of spreading points too thin with this build. Summoned Daedra damage is based upon magicka, and almost all my damage will come from summons+staff, since I'll have little free magicka to cast spells. I don't want to exacerbate that by spreading points out too much.
Edited by Sarenia on April 24, 2014 7:54PM
[beta_group_85b_9]
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know someone said the other day in a thread here that it was changed on launch and staves now are fully off magica alone. I have no idea if this is true or not.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    You know someone said the other day in a thread here that it was changed on launch and staves now are fully off magica alone. I have no idea if this is true or not.

I had read that as well, but then I saw this posted very recently by ZOS:
    Basic weapon attacks (light and heavy), regardless of weapon, are based on Stamina. Abilities will indicate in their tooltip what the cost is, and it will vary from one ability to another. Damage rendered by those are not necessarily based on cost. For instance, damage of spells increases based on maximum Magicka as well as spell damage, while weapon abilities are based on maximum Stamina and weapon damage.
    Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/85231/how-is-the-damage-from-unstable-volatile-familliar-calculated-spell-damage-or-regular-damage
    [beta_group_85b_9]