Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is base detection / stealth radius ?

Tommy_The_Gun
Tommy_The_Gun
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just like in the title. Any one has an idea ?

With no passives, armour gear etc. If you crouch / stealth - what is the radius you can be detected ?

I just ask as I was unable to find any info on that. Also, I am trying to determine if new Heavy Armour penalty (10% per peace of armour, so 50% with 5 pcs) can be mitigated somehow with other passives or CP (There is a CP for example that can decrease your detection radius by 3 meters).

Now, I dont know what is the "base" radius, so I can not say how many meters is added when wearing heavy armour and if it is even worth trying.

I know, I know, sneaking in heavy armour is a bad idea in general and for that I am using medium. But from time to time I find myself in a need to hide, especially in PvP.

Any ideas ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say its around 8 meter. On a Khajiit with 3 meter reduced radius I get detected at point blank range with 2 sets with 2 meter detection radius with with 3 the guards will push me out of their way.
    This was before the new cp system.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea but it would be nice to know. Be nice if it was add it to the new UI system in a future update.

Stay strong, safe and enjoy the journey :)