The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't log in via steam

kasser0le
kasser0le
Soul Shriven
l4q7w08ur3l5.png

a number of friends have the same problem
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 11, 2021 10:10PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem, with two different computers.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Zaikeria
    Zaikeria
    Had no issues logging in after update 14 hours ago. getting same message now.

Tried the troubleshooting guide posted by a moderator in another post, same error. :(
    @Zaikeria [PC - NA]
    Zaikeria - Dragonknight - Breton - DC
    Reyani - Nightblade - Imperial - DC
    Holly Evanna - Sorcerer - Bosmer - AD
    Zai'keria - Templar - Khajiit - AD
    Lord Àrdachràs - Necromancer - Dunmer - EP
    Swims-with-Wolves - Warden - Argonian - EP
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Based on what others in the Steam community are saying, it just started happening within the last 30 minutes or so. Let's hope it gets sorted out quickly.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, same here.

I disconnected due to inactivity and now I can't get back in.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Same here. Based on what others in the Steam community are saying, it just started happening within the last 30 minutes or so. Let's hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Is this a Steam problem or a Zos problem, I still can't understand
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it's a bit of both. Whatever system authenticates your ZOS account with Steam is down. Who's fault its down I don't think we have any way of knowing
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • droscoe
    droscoe
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, me too. I was playing 20 minutes ago, went to go get laundry, came back and I can't log in.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's a bit of both. Whatever system authenticates your ZOS account with Steam is down. Who's fault its down I don't think we have any way of knowing

If it was a Steam problem, maybe it should happen also for other Steam-based games.
    But I just play ESO, so I can't say...
  • TimeTraveller
    I too am experiencing this issue
  • thelogicalghost
    Also having the same issue. Good to know it's not just me.
  • Siuansong
    Siuansong
    Same issue. PC NA via Steam
  • NierielSilverbee
    NierielSilverbee
    Soul Shriven
    And I'm also unable to log in due to this issue. I know of several other people who can't either.
    Nieriel
    Razum Dar'lings
    PC/NA
  • DipItInCider
    DipItInCider
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing.. Been a while since I had this kind of problem thought they fixed it.
  • Lost_Carcosa
    Lost_Carcosa
    Soul Shriven
    Was in game earlier and bought that Aerie house, just tried logging back in and got that Steam error... reinstalling the game now though in retrospect I should have just waited for Steam to fix the problem
  • Mareaw
    Mareaw
    Soul Shriven
    same issue here along with friends, seems to be affecting everyone who got the game through steam
    Laenel Elmthorn - Bosmer Nightblade - PC / NA
  • kirasdream
    kirasdream
    ✭✭
    I've done every solution I could find online, and no luck. Was playing just fine and exited out for ten minutes to come back to not being able to play. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    This used to happen all the time. Hasn't happened for almost two year for me. Sucks. NOthing we can do about it.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • zeeqy
    zeeqy
    Yeah, steam sucks.

Here's a trick though. If you own the game outside of Steam, you can login using your ESO login.

So, if you are not averse to logging into the ESO website (and link you steam account if you haven't already), and purchase the game from the ESO site, you can log into the game using your ESO username and password.
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Still unable to connect. Sad to see this issue return after months of clean logins..
  • fits96
    fits96
    Soul Shriven
    On the bright side, at least I'm not the only one. I was on all afternoon, took a break and come back to this.

EDIT: I found a fix!!! Close ESO and Steam, then right click the steam icon and run as administrator. It worked for me!
    Edited by fits96 on March 11, 2021 5:31AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like I'm going to miss a day of doing crafting writs on my PC NA characters-- no big deal, and I can just play an offline game instead.

But the annoying thing is that I can't resist going back to try getting into ESO again in case it's fixed, so I can try to do crafting writs on at least some of my characters.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be fixed now!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just barely managed to do the writs from yesterday and grab today's on all of my characters before daily reset. That'll teach me to not do them first thing in the morning just in case there's a problem later. :#
  • Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭
    I got it now. Didn't have it in the morning or afternoon.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update, there were some login issues for a short period on the PC-NA servers earlier that should be resolved now. If you are still having any errors when logging in please let us know. With multiple threads open on this issue we are going to close this one. You can continue discussion here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.