The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Heavy Armor Nerfs vs Trials

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new nerfs to tanks heavy armor, specifically the increased magic damage aspect, has anyone actually tested it in a trial? I am specifically curios about AA (where two bosses throw around a lot of magic that players have to soak). And Hel Ra’s final boss which also has a magic soak section.

Are these doable by less then “bis” players anymore? I am sure there is a way, if the player has farmed a specific vet set and is at max cp, but for everyone else?

In two of my discords, this has come up with no clear answer.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow up. Is the shield the warrior throws in Hel Ra physical or or magical? If it’s physical, can light armor survive it?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final follow up (sorry), there are actually plenty of trial bosses that throw magic around, is there going to be a boss that is now particularly problematic that I have not mentioned?
    Because now the twins in MoL have come up...
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most bosses use Physical damage on their hard-hitting single target damage skill, and then have the tendency to throw out AOE Magic dots that DPS generally have to dance around. The issue is, Tanks are used to having to dodge roll or otherwise bypass those red AOEs, but now will have to be much more cognizant of them while still keeping the boss roughly still, because those AOEs will now do a decent chunk more damage with our lowered resistances and less magic mitigation. If it gets to the point where I have to swap to Medium armor for a particularly magic-damage heavy boss, I will let you know, and ZOS as well; hopefully they see fit to fix some of the issues where tanks are expected to dodge roll mechanics, because as it stands now heavy armor feels incredibly restrictive and kind of forces us to block everything.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Follow up. Is the shield the warrior throws in Hel Ra physical or or magical? If it’s physical, can light armor survive it?

Shield throw is now barely survivable even through block. It leaves like 10-15%hp. To contrast, seems that star fall attack hits a bit less if people are not stacking.