The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Templar's passive "Balanced Warrior" and SPD/WPD bonuses standardization

lQrukl
lQrukl
✭✭✭✭
So, races and CP were standardized regarding SPD/WPD bonuses, like altmers got 256 WPD and orcs got 256 SPD, but what about passives?

Something like that:
"Increases your Weapon Damage by 6% and Spell Resistance by 2640 or Spell Damage by 6% and Physical Resistance by 2640, depending whitchever offensive stat is higher".

With new armour changes (light armour provides more damage from physical attacks) it would be nice bonus for magplar and emphasize the meaning of ability name.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for Templar passive reworks for 3 years now.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for a Templar complete rework for 3 years now
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amen to all comments
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah templar passives have been complained about for years, so who knows when they will actually do something about them.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can support this. Additionally, bring back the Templar house
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar house?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Templar house?

Back in the day, in ritual and focus templars got buffs and enemies got debuffs. Now the debuff portion has been nerfed and with it, the house.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be more 'balanced' if it gave weapon and spell damage by 3% each and spell and physical resistance by 1320 each, rather than weapon Damage by 6% and spell resistance by 2640. As it is now it gives stamina more damage and reduces magic damage nothing like ZOS making the Elder Stamina Online tho.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    It'd be more 'balanced' if it gave weapon and spell damage by 3% each and spell and physical resistance by 1320 each, rather than weapon Damage by 6% and spell resistance by 2640. As it is now it gives stamina more damage and reduces magic damage nothing like ZOS making the Elder Stamina Online tho.

As a stamplar player.... shush your mouth! lol. But seriously... we dont have enough going for us already so comments like that make ZoS go... "you know what class could use a nerf... I mean balance? Templars, 6% damage boost to stamina is just like waaaaay over the top meta breaking op!"
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar house?

I believe the interview clip in the opening minute of this video is the source of the phrase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhJe1f9Ylw

Eric Wrobel was the lead combat designer until January of 2019.

ETA: Not my video. It was first posted here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247913/video-this-is-my-house-a-templar-short-story-starring-eric-wrobel
    Edited by virtus753 on March 5, 2021 3:38AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Templar house?

I believe the interview clip in the opening minute of this video is the source of the phrase:

ETA: Not my video. It was first posted here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247913/video-this-is-my-house-a-templar-short-story-starring-eric-wrobel

Well we still have our house, but it's made of wet paper towels.
    The extra res on rune focus is very difficult to take advantage of in pvp where mobility is so important, and they removed the passive snare from ritual as well.
    It's still a good idea to fight inside your extended ritual, both solo and grp play, but that's as far as our house goes these days.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Templar house?

Well we still have our house, but it's made of wet paper towels.
    The extra res on rune focus is very difficult to take advantage of in pvp where mobility is so important, and they removed the passive snare from ritual as well.
    It's still a good idea to fight inside your extended ritual, both solo and grp play, but that's as far as our house goes these days.

*pokes sadly at wet paper towel house*
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

As a stamplar player.... shush your mouth! lol. But seriously... we dont have enough going for us already so comments like that make ZoS go... "you know what class could use a nerf... I mean balance? Templars, 6% damage boost to stamina is just like waaaaay over the top meta breaking op!"

Oh I do agree Stamplar needs help its the only Stam class that does tbh. Templar has had a ton of nerfs e.g: BoL only healing 1 extra target, Blazing Spear losing its stun, PoTL/Purfying Light been gutted multiple times, Radiant's damage been nerfed multiple times, Dark Flare being nerfed next patch even tho it rarely gets used, Repentance no longer giving Stam back to allies, Ritual of Ret losing its heal, no more major mending and one of the hardest classes to sustain on in PvE and PvP. I could go on and on about Templar nerfs they are honestly in a very bad spot atm Stam and Mag :(
    Edited by Vetixio on March 5, 2021 2:04PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh I do agree Stamplar needs help its the only Stam class that does tbh. Templar has had a ton of nerfs e.g: BoL only healing 1 extra target, Blazing Spear losing its stun, PoTL/Purfying Light been gutted multiple times, Radiant's damage been nerfed multiple times, Dark Flare being nerfed next patch even tho it rarely gets used, Repentance no longer giving Stam back to allies, Ritual of Ret losing its heal, no more major mending and one of the hardest classes to sustain on in PvE and PvP. I could go on and on about Templar nerfs they are honestly in a very bad spot atm Stam and Mag :(

I can agree with most, but not the sustain part.
    At least I don't have issues sustaining my magplar on 600 mag recov in heavy armor in pvp.. Or really anywhere.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭

I can agree with most, but not the sustain part.
    At least I don't have issues sustaining my magplar on 600 mag recov in heavy armor in pvp.. Or really anywhere.

I sustain fine too, but I have heard a lot of people don't maybe of Magplar if people ran Breton aka the master race or Imperial they could sustain better :wink:
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for me to share my suggestions again:
    First, let me say that I appreciate the hard work that game developers put into these games. I appreciate their efforts to make the game better. I have some suggestions for the Templar class to fix what I see as deficiencies and to improve on what is already there. I believe it's worth it's own thread and I want to be sure that someone at ZOS has seen it. Again, these are suggestions, not demands.

SKILLS:

Under Healing Ritual:

Hasty Prayer should be turned into a self-targeted vigor-like heal, meaning it will have a small burst heal with a HoT, and still give minor expedition.

Explosive Charge needs a buff. Maybe have it do BIG AoE damage to make it a worthy alternative to Toppling Charge.

Backlash should scale with spell damage instead of max magicka. For Purifying Light, the AoE HoT should be effective upon cast, not when it ends (which forces the player to remain in that spot to get the heal).

Also - and this is purely a cosmetic thing - I can't stand the green color of Power Of The Light (it should be white or gold to fit better with the Templar theme, in my opinion. Just make it gold and keep the swirling effect that it has to distinguish it.

Empowering Sweep lost the major protection that it used to have so why not have it heal the caster over time for the amount of the damage done. Since the empower buff is redundant on Templars (they get it from Solar Barrage), it's a waste of an ultimate. It can be called the Auroral Sweep or something.

Unstable Core could add a better CC to the Templar kit if it was made into an AoE skill the size of Time Stop or Negate. Rather than placing a dark bubble on an opponent, a large area can be targeted. Opponents in that area experience the same effects as the old Unstable Core everytime they use a direct damage attack against the caster or his/her group. The Templar can target the area around his self and create a "house" that damages attacking opposition. So the new description (with a name change) would read as follows:

Sanctuary (for example)
    - Creates a luminous sphere at the target location that harms enemies with growing intensity anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds and deals 273 Magic Damage, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds and deals 548 Magic Damage, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds and deals 822 Magic Damage. The effects can activate once every 1 second.

And more Templar shining light/glowing effects! (power fantasy dammit)

PASSIVES:

There are so many that are worthless. I'm leveling my second templar now (a tank) and I'm looking at passives like, "that feels like a waste of a skill point". I never felt that way when leveling a Necro and a DK.

Burning Light is worthless outside of Jabs/Sweeps and Spear Shards. Maybe what we should do is make the Piercing Spear passive the Burning Light passive. And the new Piercing Spear passive should be a penetration bonus to Aedric Spear abilities. For clarity:

The new Burning Light passive should be:
    - Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
    - Increase your damage done to blocking to target 10%

The new Piercing Spear passive should be:
    - Adds (?) penetration to your Aedric Spear abilities.

Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:
    - Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Brutality to you and Minor Sorcery to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.
    (Edited so that Minor Brutality is only given to the caster but Minor Sorcery still applies to the group)

Light Weaver should effect the caster when under 50% health, not just allies. As it is now, the passive does the following: "When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate."

But what if the Templar is solo? What good does this passive do then? None. At the very least, the caster should receive 2 Ultimate as well.

Balanced Warrior should give both weapon damage and spell damage bonuses, as well as bonuses to spell resistance and physical resistance. Why one or the other? As it is, it's fine for stamina Templars but 6% weapon damage does nothing for magicka Templars. So the new passive would look like this:

Balanced Warrior
    - Increases your Spell and Weapon Damage by 6%. Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 2640.

Master Ritualist should give Templars a 10% chance to remove one negative effect when casting a heal on their self or an ally. As it stands, this is another example of Templar passives being more beneficial to the team than the Templar their self. So the new passive would read like this:

Master Ritualist
    - When you heal yourself or an ally, you have a 10% chance to remove one negative effect. Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

If the calculations are too much, instead of having a 10% chance, every 10th cast of a Restoring Light ability can remove one negative effect.

So that's it for this round of suggestions. I hope someone at ZOS takes them into consideration.

You'll notice that I'm in agreement for n this.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's time for me to share my suggestions again:
    First, let me say that I appreciate the hard work that game developers put into these games. I appreciate their efforts to make the game better. I have some suggestions for the Templar class to fix what I see as deficiencies and to improve on what is already there. I believe it's worth it's own thread and I want to be sure that someone at ZOS has seen it. Again, these are suggestions, not demands.

SKILLS:

Under Healing Ritual:

Hasty Prayer should be turned into a self-targeted vigor-like heal, meaning it will have a small burst heal with a HoT, and still give minor expedition.

Explosive Charge needs a buff. Maybe have it do BIG AoE damage to make it a worthy alternative to Toppling Charge.

Backlash should scale with spell damage instead of max magicka. For Purifying Light, the AoE HoT should be effective upon cast, not when it ends (which forces the player to remain in that spot to get the heal).

Also - and this is purely a cosmetic thing - I can't stand the green color of Power Of The Light (it should be white or gold to fit better with the Templar theme, in my opinion. Just make it gold and keep the swirling effect that it has to distinguish it.

Empowering Sweep lost the major protection that it used to have so why not have it heal the caster over time for the amount of the damage done. Since the empower buff is redundant on Templars (they get it from Solar Barrage), it's a waste of an ultimate. It can be called the Auroral Sweep or something.

Unstable Core could add a better CC to the Templar kit if it was made into an AoE skill the size of Time Stop or Negate. Rather than placing a dark bubble on an opponent, a large area can be targeted. Opponents in that area experience the same effects as the old Unstable Core everytime they use a direct damage attack against the caster or his/her group. The Templar can target the area around his self and create a "house" that damages attacking opposition. So the new description (with a name change) would read as follows:

Sanctuary (for example)
    - Creates a luminous sphere at the target location that harms enemies with growing intensity anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. Limited to one. Their first attack reduces their movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds and deals 273 Magic Damage, their second attack immobilizes them for 3 seconds and deals 548 Magic Damage, and their third attack stuns them for 3 seconds and deals 822 Magic Damage. The effects can activate once every 1 second.

And more Templar shining light/glowing effects! (power fantasy dammit)

PASSIVES:

There are so many that are worthless. I'm leveling my second templar now (a tank) and I'm looking at passives like, "that feels like a waste of a skill point". I never felt that way when leveling a Necro and a DK.

Burning Light is worthless outside of Jabs/Sweeps and Spear Shards. Maybe what we should do is make the Piercing Spear passive the Burning Light passive. And the new Piercing Spear passive should be a penetration bonus to Aedric Spear abilities. For clarity:

The new Burning Light passive should be:
    - Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
    - Increase your damage done to blocking to target 10%

The new Piercing Spear passive should be:
    - Adds (?) penetration to your Aedric Spear abilities.

Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:
    - Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Brutality to you and Minor Sorcery to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.
    (Edited so that Minor Brutality is only given to the caster but Minor Sorcery still applies to the group)

Light Weaver should effect the caster when under 50% health, not just allies. As it is now, the passive does the following: "When you heal an ally under 50% Health with a Restoring Light ability, you grant them 2 Ultimate."

But what if the Templar is solo? What good does this passive do then? None. At the very least, the caster should receive 2 Ultimate as well.

Balanced Warrior should give both weapon damage and spell damage bonuses, as well as bonuses to spell resistance and physical resistance. Why one or the other? As it is, it's fine for stamina Templars but 6% weapon damage does nothing for magicka Templars. So the new passive would look like this:

Balanced Warrior
    - Increases your Spell and Weapon Damage by 6%. Increases Spell and Physical Resistance by 2640.

Master Ritualist should give Templars a 10% chance to remove one negative effect when casting a heal on their self or an ally. As it stands, this is another example of Templar passives being more beneficial to the team than the Templar their self. So the new passive would read like this:

Master Ritualist
    - When you heal yourself or an ally, you have a 10% chance to remove one negative effect. Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

If the calculations are too much, instead of having a 10% chance, every 10th cast of a Restoring Light ability can remove one negative effect.

So that's it for this round of suggestions. I hope someone at ZOS takes them into consideration.

You'll notice that I'm in agreement for n this.

amen
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will finally happen. Magplar will get a buff. Im crying
    Speaking of passives, we’re also adjusting all player passives to grant hybrid versions of their stats, so things like Balanced Warrior will give Weapon and Spell Damage plus Armor, rather than Weapon Damage and Spell Resistance.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580491/update-31-combat-preview/p1
    "Speaking of passives, we’re also adjusting all player passives to grant hybrid versions of their stats, so things like Balanced Warrior will give Weapon and Spell Damage plus Armor, rather than Weapon Damage and Spell Resistance."

From what they said I understand that those changes will affect all class passives.

So does it mean that NB for example will get:

Hemorrhage passive:
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/hemorrhage
    Minor Savagery & Minor Prophecy

Magicka Flood passive:
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/magicka-flood
    8% Maximum Magicka and/or 8% Maximum Stamina

I am not gonna lie, some changes sounds too good to be true. In some cases probably even OP.... but on the other hand if you will look at Warden & Necro passives, those "newer" classes seems to already have something like that.
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun not yet. Few days ago russian translation got an update, which matches the upcoming patch.

Balanced warrior actually give 6% spell and weapon damage + both resists.
    Fighters guild passive now sounds like "Your Fighters Guild abilities deal an additional 20% damage. This value is doubled against players who are Vampires or Werewolves".
    Prismatic glyph has desciption that says it deal x magica damage and restore health, stamina and magica.

Pelinal’s Wrath now accumulates stacks. Each stack gives damage shield and x spell/weapon damage (amount of shield depends of your max offensive stat), but also you get y oblivion damage every second for each stack.

But there are no changes for thoose NB passives.

Edited by lQrukl on July 10, 2021 3:52PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So does it mean that NB for example will get:

Hemorrhage passive:
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/hemorrhage
    Minor Savagery & Minor Prophecy

For other passives I could see it like balanced warrior, but I highly doubt they touched the original classes unique minor group buffs because they'd need to come up with 2 new ones since there would be overlap... and that seems like something they'd point out in the combat preview given how big of a change it would be.

I've argued for a long time that they should look something like the following.
    • Warden: 10% Health, Minor Toughness. Gucci.
    • Necro: 10% Damage Received, Major Vulnerability. Gucci.
    • NB: 10% Spell and Weapon Crit Damage, Minor Force.
      • Unfortunately, Minor Force is widely available via Barbed Trap and Channeled Acceleration. So I could see this being a point of contention for people, the idea behind this is that NB already have a Crit Chance passive per ability slotted and they get guaranteed crits from stealth. Giving them Crit Damage is ideal over Crit Chance when comparing Sorc and NB in a vaccum.
      • As a solution to the above issue, ZOS could remove Minor Force from Barbed Trap and CA in favour of a new buff like Minor Vulnerability for Barbed Trap and Minor Endurance/Intellect for CA. This is actually, exactly how ZOS handled Warden's when they came out. Minor Toughness use to be unique to War Horn. This change would also introduce some much needed build identity in pve, yes for solo stuff, non NB classes would lose minor force access, but for group content where it's truely needed, you'd still get it, but now not every single stam and magicka class would be forced to run Barbed Trap, CA or Medusa... which is frankly killing build variety.
    • Sorc: 6% Spell AND Physical Crit chance, Minor Savagery. (Combine Savagery and Prophecy into 1 like they did with Ward/Resolve and Fracture/Breach).
      • See NB note. Additionally, one of the class defining skills for Sorc is Crit Surge, makes sense to offer crit chance in keeping with the synergy between the 2.
    • DK: 10% Weapon and Spell Damage. Combine Major/Minor Brutality and Sorcery into 1. Most sources on classes, new sets and enchants already provide both bonuses. This is also in keeping with the theme of combining Crit Chance buffs and Armor buffs which they already did.
      • Between Templar and DK... DK seems like the more BRUTE strength type of class, so I consider them as a more apropriate home for the Weapon/Spell damage group buff.
    • Templar: They would need something brand new. In keeping with the theme of them being the holy class, it seems fitting for them to get something more sustain/resource related. Perhaps a new buff for Minor BLANK that provides 8% Magicka and Stamina... or whatever amount ZOS would balance it for. 10%.. 12%.. IDK.
      • Since Templars get the Max Resource buff, they could change War Horn to provide Major BLANK that provides 16% Magicka and Stamina.
      • Is adding 24% more max resources to the game a bad thing? No. Why? Because CP 1.0 had 20% max hp/stam/magicka built in. Our main characters were compensated with raw stats, but nothing was done to sets with these stat lines making them some of the weakest stats to obtain in the game.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 10, 2021 8:59PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the same thing happens to DK's Scaled Dragon passive that only gives 3300 Spell Resist

The new one should be like
    3300 Spell and 3300 Armor (or just 3300 Armor since spell resist and physical resist are intertwined)
    And in addition to that also %5 hp or %7hp extra.
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JoSePHRiNG wrote: »
    I wish the same thing happens to DK's Scaled Dragon passive that only gives 3300 Spell Resist

The new one should be like
    3300 Spell and 3300 Armor (or just 3300 Armor since spell resist and physical resist are intertwined)
    And in addition to that also %5 hp or %7hp extra.

It may well, they used balanced warrior as an example.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it: now that Physical damage has been split into Physical and Bleed, can Sorcerer get his passive updated to cover both? :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    While we're at it: now that Physical damage has been split into Physical and Bleed, can Sorcerer get his passive updated to cover both? :)

@Aznox Doubtful. At first I was annoyed too.. but I think we don't really deserve it.

Since Bleed damage has its own identity now, I no longer think that aligns with Stam Sorc and it more aligns with Stam Warden. I'd prefer for some identity to remain between the 2 and I think it would make wardens much more interesting if they got a bleed buff added to the frost/magic passive.

Unfortunately the changes mean barbed trap, DW twin slash, bloodthirsty, rend, carve, many sets and werewolf no longer benefit from Stam Sorcs passive.

The main issue I have is that most of the physical based dots for sets in the game were signified as bleed damage before bleed was its own unique damage type.

So really.. the compensation for the change is to release more physical based direct/dot sets since there is already a pretty even balance amongst skills. I think zos realized this lack of physical damage based set choice and it's why they're adding an aoe physical dot monster set AND physical damage aoe chain pull set activated from charge or teleports. Both sets (including the new lightning set) look like they were made with Stam Sorcs in mind.

Plus.. vat 2H exists. Nuff said.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 12, 2021 3:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was ZOS thinking making Medium and Light armor hybrid...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

They don't think. They don't play their own game. Wish u guys the best, take care.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

They don't think. They don't play their own game. Wish u guys the best, take care.

Yeah i dont get this either.

All this hybrid stuff just rubs me wrong way, instead the same classes having different playstyle on mag vs stam, theyre bringing them closer together.

I mean look at stam vs magplar, its getting to the point where you can barely tell the difference between the two.

Food for thought @ZOS_Gilliam
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

Yeah i dont get this either.

All this hybrid stuff just rubs me wrong way, instead the same classes having different playstyle on mag vs stam, theyre bringing them closer together.

I mean look at stam vs magplar, its getting to the point where you can barely tell the difference between the two.

Food for thought @ZOS_Gilliam

I think the root of the issue lies in the issue of mag/stam morphs of the same skills. Rather than creating a unique idea of what a "warrior" in the school of the "Templar" looks like when fighting (ie. how they use magic, how they use weapons), they have been opting for a more "flavor of juice" kind of option. A "Templar Warrior" is a Templar who drinks green juice to do stuff, while a "Templar Mage" is a Templar who drinks blue juice to do stuff. If they had brought the design of ESO closer to the single player titles, where Magicka/Stamina amounts determined how often one could perform certain actions rather than being semi-parallel power scaling formulas, they could have avoided some of the "sameness" that exists between magicka and stamina variants of a class. But, they've instead made a series of decisions that have essentially made Stamina into "green Magicka" rather than physical endurance.

I personally celebrate the new hybrid armor passives, because I don't think armor weight should be decide for the player based on their attribute allocation, but rather be an open choice for the player to make based on the benefits each can armor weight provide for their chosen play-style. To go further, a part of me feels that armor shouldn't determine either damage or healing power whatsoever, but instead balance the trade-offs of sustain and mobility versus armor and mitigation and blocking, but that might be too drastic of a change for ZOS.
    Edited by ealdwin on July 12, 2021 6:47PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great change. Why shouldn't light armor be viable for stamina builds? Or medium armor for magicka builds? This will be great for my characters especially. :D