Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher Stuck at "Loading..."

Aefraga
Aefraga
Hello,

I've been having this problem for a long time now. My Launcher usually does not load - I faced this issue with installation, but it happened to work once and run through the full installation. Since then, I have only managed to open the Launcher successfully a handful of times, but it always took between 30 minutes up to an hour to get past the "Loading..." screen. Most of the time I don't bother waiting past an hour. I just go straight to the game folder and use the eso.exe to play the game, and skip the launcher entirely.

The Launcher just stays at "Loading..." screen and cycles through the artwork. I have tried running as administrator, changing the auto-detect network settings, etc. etc.

With the latest patch, I found that I needed to run the Launcher again, and I've been stuck there for the past two days. I'll turn on my computer, leave the Launcher running (still on that eternal "Loading..." screen) and go about browsing sites or just doing work on Word. I've sent tickets since before I was able to install, but none of the fixes have worked.

Here's my GameConsultant file. Please let me know what I should be doing to fix this - none of the other Launcher fixes I've read have worked so far.
  • gvidya
    gvidya
    i've got the same problem too.
    the only difference is the problem only starting today.
  • scriptur3
    scriptur3
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here. It started today for me as well.
  • Aefraga
    Aefraga
    Anyone managed to find a way around this so far? I've had tickets with ESO Support since I first encountered this problem two weeks ago. One of the replies was simply a notification that a patch was out that "addressed most players issues"... and the other suggestion to fix didn't help. I've been just hanging around waiting for someone to pick this case up.
  • likeuhhboss
    I didn't have much problems before the maintenance, now I have this launcher problem and it's been hours trying to fix it but still nothing works.
  • dinadan2001
    yeah me too
  • M_OwenLFC
    M_OwenLFC
    Soul Shriven
    Everyone seems to be suffering from this as of late.
  • Joviex
    Joviex
    ✭✭
    Ditto. I am attempting a re-install just so I can use eso.exe and bypass the loader.
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    Have the exact same problem since yesterday...
    Was working fine before that.
    When I right click on the tab of the launcher and close it, it takes me to next step where it get stuck at updating 0%.
    Bypassin the launcher by going directly to eso.exe doesn't work either since it tells me login timeout... (which I guess it means the game is not up to date anymore...)

I don't have any firewall installed and the windows firewall is off... so it's not the problem. And the game, again used to work before yesterday.

Please help
  • Growlernoth
    Andukai wrote: »
    Have the exact same problem since yesterday...
    Was working fine before that.
    When I right click on the tab of the launcher and close it, it takes me to next step where it get stuck at updating 0%.
    Bypassin the launcher by going directly to eso.exe doesn't work either since it tells me login timeout... (which I guess it means the game is not up to date anymore...)

I don't have any firewall installed and the windows firewall is off... so it's not the problem. And the game, again used to work before yesterday.

Please help

I'm having the same issue and I can not even post my report file. good job team. (sigh) the game worked fine after I reinstalled the #$%^& thing on Saturday after new install ad updates but again today just like Friday frozen on load screen. They don fix this soon I'm cancelling my membership. Games are supposed to be fun not frustratingly annoying and maybe if they worked would be nice. I have done all their emailed "fixes" with no results. Just ridiculous!
  • Growlernoth
    oh ok here is my report file after I worked around a fix for that lol
    help.txt 175.6K
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    Could we at least get a reply? Here's my report...
    rep.txt 101.3K
  • Aefraga
    Aefraga
    Still waiting for a reply... not even a short note of assurance via e-mail or on this forum to tell us that they're at least looking into the matter. =/ It's quite a pity because I enjoy the game (what little of it I've actually seen, anyway) but I keep running into these brick walls with tech support.
  • Growlernoth
    You know what it seems to be for me, and this is just my hypothesis from my experience with this error. It seems to be some sort of verification with the launcher. When I am at home (which is rare) it works fine, and when I'm at work I have the most trouble with this game and newly updated patches have made it worse I can play every other game I want but this one at work (star wars old republic, guild wars, A alpha game that's glitchy as crap but it works anywhere I want). Game was fine and worked flawless until April the 18th, now unless I remove all evidence of eso and do everything short of reinstalling windows I can't get the game to even load. So its the launchers verification system I think. Just my 2 cents.
    Edited by Growlernoth on April 22, 2014 7:33PM
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    Ok... I've tested many things before coming back in here.
    I've tried 2 differents pcs with the same Elder scrolls folders installation (which I copied on a hard disk).
    First pc was mine, at home where I've got the problem. And obvious enough, it didn't work.
    Second pc was at a friend's house, where it worked just fine. After analyzing the problem, I figured that the issue might be coming from the internet provider...
    Luckily i've got 2 internet provider (one of them is the same as my friend but slower). And after running it, bingo, it worked...

I've asked many others with the same provider (the one that doesn't work) if they had the same issue and they confirmed...

Please tell me what information I should provide so I could locate the problem. It used to work, which makes me think you MAY be the cause...

Tell me how I could be of any assistance.
    Edited by Andukai on April 22, 2014 8:58PM
  • Growlernoth
    they should pay us! but we are the fools paying them to fix their broken crap. :smiley:
  • Gindrex
    Gindrex
    A friend of mine just had the same problem. After reading this thread she tried switching to her VPN and boom, it worked. So it sure seems to be related to your connection somehow.
  • Aefraga
    Aefraga
    After reading Gindrex's and Andukai's replies, I tried it myself. I tethered my computer using my iPad to a 3G network and found that it was downloading just fine, so I called my ISP.

If you're in Singapore and under Starhub, the problem seems to be caused by an add-on service called SafeSurf. Just get them to disable it by calling them up. It solved the problem for me.
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    well, I'm in direct contact in private mails where I got them to understand that it's a routing problem. They asked me from my gameconsultant report to check the tracert.
    By the way, I live In saudia arabia, which means many countries (well at least 2) are affected by this.

While we wait, I can provide you with a temporary solution, just download a program called ultrasurf (basically a free proxy) fast, free and very easy to use, specially made for these kind of problems. you just need to double click on the program and it'll run on its own.
    Keep it running till you get pass the launcher + update, as soon as you are able to hit the play button. Close ultrasurf and enjoy your game.

If I get a decent working solution from the support, I'll let you know ! Promise =)
    Edited by Andukai on April 23, 2014 7:34PM
  • StrikeEagle
    well, I'm in direct contact in private mails where I got them to understand that it's a routing problem. They asked me from my gameconsultant report to check the tracert.
    By the way, I live In saudia arabia, which means many countries (well at least 2) are affected by this.

While we wait, I can provide you with a temporary solution, just download a program called ultrasurf (basically a free proxy) fast, free and very easy to use, specially made for these kind of problems. you just need to double click on the program and it'll run on its own.
    Keep it running till you get pass the launcher + update, as soon as you are able to hit the play button. Close ultrasurf and enjoy your game.

If I get a decent working solution from the support, I'll let you know ! Promise =)

Facing the same issue. Cannot use the launcher at all. Even tried a fresh copy of the game, different hard drive, won't start. Something changed connection wise, I believe. My ISP doesnt cause me ANY issues with any games, not even with ESO until today. Thankfully, your advice concerning ultrasurf is awesome. it works fine now.

thank you! (waiting on support to see if they can help fix this permanently)
  • Growlernoth

Awesome!!! thanks a lot for fixing this for me and others Andukai.
  • thurben
    thurben
    wow the ultrasurf solution worked, I'm from Mexico and been having the same launcher problem for about 2 weeks now, I've been sending tickets to customer support but so far nothing they suggested had worked, thanks again for the fix!!!!
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    Glad I got you all in the game again =)
    But a few things to keep in mind though:

1. It's a temporary fix, which means you should come back here from time to time to see if it is solved or not.

2. Remember to close UltraSurf BEFORE logging in. In other words, as soon as you hit the play button, close the program otherwise it'll slow your gaming experience. It's just to get your past the updating process, nothing else =)

Edited by Andukai on April 24, 2014 9:11AM
  • StrikeEagle
    Glad I got you all in the game again =)
    But a few things to keep in mind though:

1. It's a temporary fix, which means you should come back here from time to time to see if it is solved or not.

2. Remember to close UltraSurf BEFORE logging in. In other words, as soon as you hit the play button, close the program otherwise it'll slow your gaming experience. It's just to get your past the updating process, nothing else =)

There is an important question tho. The launch will update normally if I have ultrasurf active?

• Andukai
    Andukai
    Yes you can no problem.
    The fact that you are in game means your game is up to date. Otherwise it ll give you login timeout.
    All that ultrasurf is meant to do in this case is giving you a different route to reach the launcher's server by going trough ultrasurf's servers first istead of the usual route.
    It is used in china to avoid censorship since you bypass the usual servers to get the data.

In our case, one of the points (checkpoints/servers) we have to go through is blocking us. Thankfully ultrasurf's route is not. That us why it solves our problem :)

Hope i was clear enough. I get lost in my ideas :p
    Edited by Andukai on April 24, 2014 3:39PM
  • Annarchie
    Annarchie
    Just tried the ultrasurf temp solution and it works wonders. Thanks for this and shame on Zenimax for not even replying.
  • Andukai
    Andukai
    Glad it worked for you Annarchie. And don t be hard on them, they are working on it. I'm talking to them in private mails. I can assure the issue reached the supervisor.

By the way guys, can you all tell me what country you all live in as well as your isp?
    So i could mail them all the countries affected by this issue
    So far I've noticed saudia arabia (isp: mobily)
    There's singapour amd mexico.
    Any others?
    Edited by Andukai on April 24, 2014 4:20PM
  • dcarnachanrwb17_ESO
    dcarnachanrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having the exact same issue here (New Zealand) - though eventually it will load - however I downloaded ultrasurf and it was almost instant...
  • likeuhhboss
    Im playing from Brunei Darussalam and my friends are having the same issue as well but fortunately either tethering or Ultrasurf worked out great! Thanks for workaround. Our ISP is Telbru.
  • haamfish
    haamfish
    ✭✭
    having this proble on my desktop (windows) macbook wont even open the launcher to download the bloody game, had to set up bootcamp -_-
  • Triikor
    Triikor
    Soul Shriven
    Had this problem for the last 3 day's. Just tried ultrasurf and it worked straight away