The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher Stuck at "Loading..."

• Jest
    Jest
    Soul Shriven
    The Ultrasurf solution worked here as well and I'm in Northern California. Bravo detective!
  • greatest.thiefrwb17_ESO
    hey guys, any news since then?
    my launcher stopped working a couple of days ago. I run eso.exe directly, but I know that when the next update comes, I won't be able to. I cleaned my launcher folder, and I tried ultrasurf - nothing seems to work. Is there anything else that can be done about it??
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Try following what @dekain stated

dekain

Hello my name is Cesar and im from Mexico, i have the solution for this issue:
    Open the launcher.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData or something like that,
    You will see one folder and 1 file(maybe)
    Folders Name: Host.dc170dba81ddf1d6d35f51b7e692cc50f4a4ccba or something like that.
    File name: applications.json
    Now you need to delete that two files, this is a cycle because the launcher always create the folder and maybe the file.
    NOW YOU NEED TO DELETE THE FOLDER WHEN THE LAUNCHER CREATE THAT FOLDER UNTIL THE LAUNCHER GIVE YOU THE PLAY OPTION ,ALWAYS DELETE IT.
    sometimes you can do that around 1 minute but this method always work
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    I would at least make a backup copy of that : applications.json file before you delete it . That essentially defines everything the launcher does, except for the GUI portion.
  • GreasyDave
    GreasyDave
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey guys, any news since then?
    my launcher stopped working a couple of days ago. I run eso.exe directly, but I know that when the next update comes, I won't be able to. I cleaned my launcher folder, and I tried ultrasurf - nothing seems to work. Is there anything else that can be done about it??

I've been suffering from this problem - or something like it. What I've just done is the following:

1. start windows in selected start up - go to your control panel > system and security > administrative tools>double click system config
    2. select - selective start up and load system services. The load start up items shold remain unchecked
    3. restart the pc.
    4. Check your task bar- you should have no other programs running bar windows
    5. right click on the eso launcher quick start symbol> properties > compatibilty tab
    6. On the compatibility tab set it compatible for whatever version of windows you are using - apply. CLick OK.
    7. launch the launcher

This works for me. Before this my launcher just hung.
    However, I've still not worked out how to get it working in standard start up
    I've posted a thread about that here but I've not had any replies yet.
  • greatest.thiefrwb17_ESO
    GreasyDave wrote: »
    I've been suffering from this problem - or something like it. What I've just done is the following:

1. start windows in selected start up - go to your control panel > system and security > administrative tools>double click system config
    2. select - selective start up and load system services. The load start up items shold remain unchecked
    3. restart the pc.
    4. Check your task bar- you should have no other programs running bar windows
    5. right click on the eso launcher quick start symbol> properties > compatibilty tab
    6. On the compatibility tab set it compatible for whatever version of windows you are using - apply. CLick OK.
    7. launch the launcher

This works for me. Before this my launcher just hung.
    However, I've still not worked out how to get it working in standard start up
    I've posted a thread about that here but I've not had any replies yet.

Huge thanks, Dave! It totally works for me
  • Salaim
    Salaim
    Soul Shriven
    If some of you are still having this problem, I just had mine resolved. I tried many methods, and I believe a combination of all of these methods made it work. It's a bit of a trip, but if you're willing to stick with it, this is the solution that worked for me.

Step 1) Port forward. There's a nice guide here that can help you.

Step 2) Add exceptions to your firewall (search 'Allow program through Windows Firewall' into google if you don't know how) and do the following to Windows Defender.
    1. Search Windows Defender
    2. In the Windows Defender pane, click on settings
    3. Scroll down and Click on Add an Exclusion (Win 10)
    4. Exclude File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

Step 3) Remove Microsoft Visual C++ (DO NOT UNISTALL THE GAME, just Microsoft Visual C++, then install the launcher over the existing one)
    1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Click Add/Remove Programs
    3. UninstallMicrosoft Visual C++ 2010 x86
    4. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64
    5. Restart your PC
    6. Run install_ESO.exe (which you downloaded earlier)
    7. Select to install both DirectX and VC++ 2010 Redistributable and complete the installation
    8. Restart the PC once more
  • Fellipe
    Fellipe
    Soul Shriven
    Can you help me? I am a long time in the verification page and the maximum which can get is 11% starting dai begins to catch.Semtitulof6018.png
  • Djdrago
    Djdrago
    ✭✭
    Hate this game so much people! Damn so many errors! 2+ years, and still the same pieces of sh.... game with bugs! They fix one thing but then broke 2!
    Sir Terric - DC Stam NB
    Djdrago - DC Stam DK
    The Orphan Maker - DC Stam Sorc
    Wrecker - DC Stam Templar
    King Terric - DC Mag Templar
    Miss Terric - DC Mag Sorcer
    Lady Terric - DC Mag DK
    Sïr Tërric - DC Mag NB

Youtube
  • zcripturez
    Andukai wrote: »
    well, I'm in direct contact in private mails where I got them to understand that it's a routing problem. They asked me from my gameconsultant report to check the tracert.
    By the way, I live In saudia arabia, which means many countries (well at least 2) are affected by this.

While we wait, I can provide you with a temporary solution, just download a program called ultrasurf (basically a free proxy) fast, free and very easy to use, specially made for these kind of problems. you just need to double click on the program and it'll run on its own.
    Keep it running till you get pass the launcher + update, as soon as you are able to hit the play button. Close ultrasurf and enjoy your game.

If I get a decent working solution from the support, I'll let you know ! Promise =)

Still works in 2017. Thanks for this :smile: