The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armour Abilities (Evasion, Immovable, Annulment).

Nebula_DooM
Nebula_DooM
✭✭✭
With regards to the current changes and how each passive of the three respective armour types scale with each piece of that armour, make the armour abilities usable without any required armour pieces or at least reduce the amount of armour required to use it to 4 pieces of that respective armour. This will give more diversity and flexibility towards the people that choose to run 4/3 or 4/2/1 in terms of armour.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a really good idea.

Of course, Immovable also needs to be buffed into a skill that's actually worth using.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    make the armour abilities usable without any required armour pieces

No.
    or at least reduce the amount of armour required to use it

Yes.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While you're at it please make it so they still work even if one piece of armor is broken
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would need to be a minimum of 4 pieces because if it was per piece or 3 pieces, you could slot more than 1 which sounds like a gigantic headache for balance the game just doesn't need.

But yeah, 5 pieces seems unnecessary now, I'm all for changing it to 4.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Originally these changes were made so you didn't have heavy armour and light armour using the old evasion which increased dodge chance and that was very broken. As it sits right now in my opinion, the armour abilities as it is, aren't as broken as it once was. Annulment specifically Harness Magicka got adjusted which was needed and Immovable and its morph are still niche. That is my reasoning behind removing the armour requirement of the armour abilities but I'm happy to settle at it being changed to 4 pieces required
    Edited by Nebula_DooM on February 2, 2021 11:51PM
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 4 seems fine.

I don’t think should be lower than 4 though, because 4 means it is still only possible to have one Armor ability. I can’t really come up with a reason why that is important though, but nevertheless I feel it’s an important distinction.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they should heavily buff the light and heavy armor skills, but make the requirement 7 pieces. Medium gets to stay as it is, unless they add negatives to medium armor so there is a a kiss/curse.

And while they are at it completely redo Immovable so that it has some purpose, maybe change it to just raw armor instead of a major buff.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    Just make the statistics of abilities tied to the amount of armor pieces. More shield for light armor, or longer duration for heavy armor. The minimum values must of course be usable.
    Edited by selig_fay on February 3, 2021 7:39AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Annulment and shields in general could use some love.
    Tired of dmg shields being left behind, just Beacuse magsorcs can stack them so well.

Immovable should move away from giving major resolve, class skills already take care of that and are much more thematical.

• Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Annulment and shields in general could use some love.
    Tired of dmg shields being left behind, just Beacuse magsorcs can stack them so well.

Immovable should move away from giving major resolve, class skills already take care of that and are much more thematical.

Yeah, Immovable has always been weird. It should have its major resolve removed but give it something else to spice it up. Imo, I think the snares are also the make or break of the skill. I'd have the snares toned down a bit but not by a lot. As for shields, trust me they are in a good position if you play and make the build right. You don't have to be a magsorc in order for those shields to be strong.
  • Daemonai
    Daemonai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Yeah, Immovable has always been weird. It should have its major resolve removed but give it something else to spice it up.

I don't think Immovable should lose Major Resolve as it is the only source of Major Resolve on a stamina ability, as well as one of the few sources of Major Resolve if you don't like your class's armor buff.
    Edited by Daemonai on March 4, 2021 4:46PM
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Daemonai wrote: »
    I don't think Immovable should lose Major Resolve as it is the only source of Major Resolve on a stamina ability

No it's not.