The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

login time out (error 334)

• jaklang
    jaklang
    This game developer needs to be regulated and audited for the way they are treating players. Submitting ticket doesn't help, they will only reply back with same troubleshooting guides. The customer support doesn't try to help players only provide standard replies. They will only give rhetorical replies which goes round and round in circles.
  • CyrusXxX
    CyrusXxX
    Soul Shriven
    Same on my end . I do not know if reporting the issue will help at all.
    ece05nvjmx48.jpeg

Edited by CyrusXxX on February 19, 2021 7:45PM
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    guys, when you getting it, try to check to which ip the game is connected rn and traceroute it
    159.100.232.60 seems to be dead, i've randomly tracert it throughout the day and all i've got was timeout errors after 195.122.154.3
    maybe some other are affected too
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Also having this issue and I am also in Texas. I'm sure it has something to do with the power outages.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue for several days, unable to login or kicked out right after login. I pinged server ip and there was packet loss. I turned vpn on and was able to play without a single disconnect.
  • jaklang
    jaklang
    ixthUA wrote: »
    I had this issue for several days, unable to login or kicked out right after login. I pinged server ip and there was packet loss. I turned vpn on and was able to play without a single disconnect.

So VPN does help ??!!
    Edited by jaklang on February 20, 2021 1:34AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slip9419 wrote: »
    guys, when you getting it, try to check to which ip the game is connected rn and traceroute it
    159.100.232.60 seems to be dead, i've randomly tracert it throughout the day and all i've got was timeout errors after 195.122.154.3

Sorry to be a nuisance, I've been having crashes to desktop randomly when changing zones since 15th Feb but today it is so bad, it takes several tries to get past the Login to the character select screen. I've only made it in once from there but my bars are all dark, can't swap and moving too fast (60 speed horse) will get me disconnected. How to I do a tracert?

I am on PC-EU in South Africa, far from a main centre, so it doesn't take much of a server wobble to push the connection over the edge. I'd just like to see which ip it is trying to connect to. Thanks
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on February 21, 2021 9:40AM
  • Pixel_guy
    Pixel_guy
    Soul Shriven
    slip9419 wrote: »

Sorry to be a nuisance, I've been having crashes to desktop randomly when changing zones since 15th Feb but today it is so bad, it takes several tries to get past the Login to the character select screen. I've only made it in once from there but my bars are all dark, can't swap and moving too fast (60 speed horse) will get me disconnected. How to I do a tracert?

I am on PC-EU in South Africa, far from a main centre, so it doesn't take much of a server wobble to push the connection over the edge. I'd just like to see which ip it is trying to connect to. Thanks

hey if you still don't know how to do tracert, you can check on this link

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903

it says following (copy paste) :

Following the instructions below, replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the ip address of the server you are trying to connect to. The ip address is 195.122.154.1 for EU and 198.20.198.110 for US.

Windows

Click Start and type CMD in the search field.
    Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
    Type tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > c:\tracert.txt and press Enter. Replace the x's with the appropriate server address.
    Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
    A file will be created inside your C: drive called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
    Type exit and press Enter to close the command window.
    Mac OS X

Go to the /Applications/Utilities folder and start the Terminal application.
    Type traceroute xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > ~/Desktop/tracert.txt and press Return. Replace the x's with the appropriate server address.
    Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
    A file will be created on your desktop called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
    Type exit and press Return to close the terminal.