The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

login time out (error 334)

Rydik
Rydik
✭✭✭✭
Im having constant "login time out", error 334 (3:1:1098:0) "lost lobby conection" during logging, switching between characters, switching maps etc since last maintanance
EU server
My Internet connection totally fine, seems like maintance has broke something, again...=\\\
Edited by Rydik on February 10, 2021 7:24PM
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, since the last maintenance the game is not exactly playable for me on EU server. I often cannot reach the character selection menu, and when i can join there is a strong chance my attempts to change the location will result in the error 334 (something about the lobby).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can find troubleshooting for the login error 334 in the following help article linked below.

ERROR 334 - ERROR CODE - THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    You can find troubleshooting for the login error 334 in the following help article linked below.

ERROR 334 - ERROR CODE - THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Already done everything from there, no changes, and this problem started only after last maintanance, never have it before, seems like this is not from my side/
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Rydik

If this error still occurs despite trying the steps linked above, then please open up a support ticket with us for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Thol
    Thol
    ✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me today, the game is unplayable because of it.
    I'm getting the error 334 almost every time I try to log-in. And when I finally get in, as soon as I use a shrine, it happens again.
    I could play fine the past few days. I did all the troubleshooting steps as well.

The fact that there's at least 3 of us experiencing the same error at relatively the same time makes me think that the problem might not come from our computers. Maybe we all share the same ISP.
  • chingiz
    chingiz
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, seeing a lot of "334 lost lobby connection". I think it started with the last maintenance.
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    Submitted a ticket with the report file, not sure if they'll be able to assist. Don't know if it is a server issue specifically, as there are no mass complaints, but since there are several people with a similar behaviour, specifically since the maintenance, it does not appear to be a coincidence.

At the same time my connection to NA server is really stable. Wish it wasn't across the ocean =) (and without my character).
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Rydik

If this error still occurs despite trying the steps linked above, then please open up a support ticket with us for further assistance.

Submited, hope this helps, game becoming totally unplayable

"Thanks for submitting your question. Your ticket number is: 210212-004076"
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    having the same issue unable to play, also my friend getting same error? whats going on guys?
  • ArmusOndus
    ArmusOndus
    Soul Shriven
    This happens to me as well. It started happening after the last maintenance, and never happened before. And the worst part: it's so irregular. You can play just fine for 30 minutes, entering/exiting delves or other locations, teleporting, and then bam, you're stuck in a delve, and you can't exit no matter how many times you restart the game. Sometimes it won't even allow you to login into the game. Always the same error 334 (3:1:1098:0). I've seen it 40 or 50 times since the last maintenance, and nothing in the troubleshooting guide helps.
  • emerald_owl
    emerald_owl
    Soul Shriven
    For me it seems provider issue. I've change cable to mobile internet and now no such error.
    Before that I've come across with error 334 every time I change character or try to use dungeon finder to go random/particular dungeon or just do jump to another player.
  • emerald_owl
    emerald_owl
    Soul Shriven
    Also forgot to mention it concerned to EU only. NA stayed playable through cable provider as well as before.
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    same here. 334 at any random loading screen since the last maintenance. never happend to me before. ye, i've got occasional 334 once or twice in months, but not like dozens times each day.
    happens usually on:
    1. login
    2. character selection
    3. changing zones
    4. changing locations in one zone
    usually it takes me half an hour to simply login, and then again after the very first 334. it's literally unplayable.
    since yesterday another 3 errors shown up. 301 - usually happens when i'm trying to login. 304 - after several 304/301. and "connection with server was lost" (sorry, it's not the precise phrasing, my client is not in english, translated how i could) - happens randomly anywhere, without any previous signs of disconnect (i.e. freezing, ping spikes).
    done everything in troubleshooting section, nothing seems to help.
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    slip9419 wrote: »
    304 - after several 304/301.
    don't see any edit button here
    meant 304 happens after several 334/301
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    EDIT: Nevermind, still encounter issues for the time being.
    Edited by Knightley4 on February 14, 2021 2:05PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rydik

Thank you for including the ticket number. I've sent you a forum PM with an update on your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, after last maitanance and some advise from ticket 210212-004076 for 3 days everything was fine, but now all started again, cant change locations at all, constant 334
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    Rydik wrote: »
    Well, after last maitanance and some advise from ticket 210212-004076 for 3 days everything was fine, but now all started again, cant change locations at all, constant 334

Haha, same. :(

I thought the maintenance on 15th resolved the issue, just like the previous maintenance possibly caused it. But today i started getting the same problem with the EU server - error 334, error 301 (already tried steps from relevant articles), and "connection to the server timed out, please try again". I was lucky to join the game after a few tries today around 12:00 UTC, but now i can only reach the character selection screen sometimes, but no further.

The last time i replied to my first support ticket 210212-003665 was on February 14th, after i, due to the advice from the support team, switched to a static IP (no effect), and provided some information from my ISP (about my issues while i still had dynamic IP), but haven't received more replies. I didn't try to write again after Monday because i was able to play again. Since 4 days passed i assume the ticket is now closed, so i submitted a new ticket now, 210218-003401, with the description of the issue, and previous history.

EDIT: Was able to join the game right now, and even successfully teleported to a guild house. Though, who knows how long it will last.

EDIT2: Aaand, it gone again, 334 3:1:1098:0 "lost lobby connection". No adventuring in Summerset for me.

Edited by Knightley4 on February 18, 2021 4:57PM
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    same
    everything was fine for past several days after i completely deleted (disabling done nothing) one addon i've installed approximately at the same time as the issues start to pop up
    thought that was it, that was that addon, but nope, yesterday evening 334 and 301 started to pop up again, and it seems to be getting worse. while i was only dc once yesterday, when porting to RL (had vKA run) and logged back in instantly, today i couldn't login for ~20 minutes in the morning to do my crafting writs. training the horses on my alts now, done with 2 of them, got 2 334/301/304/334 and so on already. last when switching to 3rd
    i guess i'll reopen this ticket.
    Edited by slip9419 on February 18, 2021 5:18PM
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    guys
    guys
    could you plz tell, which countries are you from? i'm starting to have a feeling it's kinda local
    i'm from Russia. Moscow region.
    Edited by slip9419 on February 18, 2021 6:23PM
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys
    guys
    could you plz tell, which countries are you from? i'm starting to have a feeling it's kinda local
    Ha! Same, Korolev!)
    Then its weather i suppose)
    Edited by Rydik on February 18, 2021 7:48PM
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    guys
    guys
    Ha! Same, Korolev!)
    Schelkovo xD we're practically neighbours xD
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys
    guys
    Ha! Same, Korolev!)
    Schelkovo xD we're practically neighbours xD

Well, i suppose we having same internet "main" channel, something wrong there it seems.
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    Well, Voronezh in my case, but i imagine all that has to go through Moscow anyway.

My ISP suggested that the EU server has issues with 5.187.75.0/24 PPPoE dynamic ip pool (not relevant to me anymore after getting a static IP), and that the game's support would need to look into it. I sent this info to the ticket, but it was never addressed.
  • Scanster1
    Scanster1
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Every since the patch on the 15th, I have been having problems logging in. When I finally do get ingame, if I should pass thru a door of a dungeon or a thieves den, or basically any door, I get kicked out of game. Because of this I can't even think about grouping for a random/undaunted dungeon. I loose connection to lobby, loose connection to the server. When I try to log back in I get multiple different errors. All of this was because of the patch. I never had problems like this before. I have never been in a queue as a subscriber. I even have problems when I want to change characters. Below is a picture of all the errors I have been getting trying to log into this unplayable game that I have just resub'd to. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm in the USA in Texas. The NA Server.

t6mu74jv4bgf.gif
    shif0x31xp0u.gif
    gmiomb6ernxb.gif
    qxw1mw9w7bc3.gif
    0k18xgbc4van.png

Now I can't even port to another zone. This is frickin stupid.

Edited by Scanster1 on February 18, 2021 8:46PM
  • Knightley4
    Knightley4
    Soul Shriven
    Scanster1 wrote: »
    I'm in the USA in Texas.

So you get this issue on the US server, i assume?
  • Scanster1
    Scanster1
    ✭✭
    Yeah NA server
  • Takn
    Takn
    Similarly (I connect the the NA servers), I was getting a 303 error after the character selection. I retried a couple times and got the same result.

So I decided to try "repair"... it downloaded/patched a few times... and was finally able to load into the game on my selected character... hopefully this was the fix for me.

If you haven't tried a repair... give that a shot
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have gotten some reports of players in certsin regions experiencing login and time out errors in ESO at this time. We recommend starting a ticket with customer support if these issues continue.
    Staff Post
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    looks like the problem is with certain servers only.
    tracked down 3 334 yesterday evening, found out that in two cases my game was connecting to 159.100.232.60, and once - to 159.100.232.107.
    traceroute to the the former gives me timeout error after 195.122.154.3, which seems to be your ip, guys.
    inetnum: 195.122.154.0 - 195.122.155.255
    netname: ZENIMAX
    descr: BCHT6855
    admin-c: JF5024-RIPE
    tech-c: JF5024-RIPE
    remarks: all abuse reports to abuse@level3.com
    mnt-by: LEVEL3-MNT
    mnt-lower: LEVEL3-MNT
    mnt-routes: LEVEL3-MNT
    created: 2013-11-20T13:56:31Z
    last-modified: 2013-11-20T13:56:31Z
    source: RIPE # Filtered