The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The results are in and 3 weeks of this mess is unnacceptable

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing in the no proc environment is a nice change of pace although I still think we should have just turned off dmg dealing procs only reguardless of that the performance is far worse than anything I've experienced in the past years
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really do wish people would actually read a post and actually respond to the point being made. I dislike proc sets immensly and hope they are kept away from cyrodill...my point is that the test has NOT IMPROVED PERFORMANCE. In fact last night most of PC EU zone chat were saying it was actually worse.

As for ball grps being present in the last test ofc they were ....There were a group of 6 tests made in the last round and the one where ball grps dissappeared because they were getting killed was TEST no 1 of that grp of 6 ( the first week) and I still say that was the best of all performace improvements and I think they should try it again as some people claimed it was becasue the IC event was on but as I said cyrodill was still poplocked by all 3 factions and for the first 2 nights the ball grps remained and then went to IC .

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone testing out Cyro needs to put the campaign and server they play on into their signature or something!!?
    So many conflicting reports that mean absolutely nothing as there is zero frames of reference for people. We are all like barking dogs at the moment... aggressive for the sake of it! Not seeing even a portion of the full picture. You are all smarter than this.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, performance has improved slightly all things considered. But I genuinely believe it is nothing to do with procs, and it is overwhelmingly obvious to me, that once again, even with cross healing enabled, still influenced more by the number of ball groups in the campaign.

People saying blackreach > GH, guess where the balls are...?
    Ravenwatch EU has improved slightly... because there have been few balls present since the start.

In fact, it’s prob safe to say that there are less balls present across all campaigns. They lost tons of stats and buffs with the set restrictions, and their natural counter, the faction stack is back and its pissed!! Seems only logical as they would not be having as much fun as they have the last while.

In short, people need to open their eyes to the realities. And if you want to air your opinions on performance, at least let us know what campaign you are referring to..
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    I really do wish people would actually read a post and actually respond to the point being made. I dislike proc sets immensly and hope they are kept away from cyrodill...my point is that the test has NOT IMPROVED PERFORMANCE. In fact last night most of PC EU zone chat were saying it was actually worse.

As for ball grps being present in the last test ofc they were ....There were a group of 6 tests made in the last round and the one where ball grps dissappeared because they were getting killed was TEST no 1 of that grp of 6 ( the first week) and I still say that was the best of all performace improvements and I think they should try it again as some people claimed it was becasue the IC event was on but as I said cyrodill was still poplocked by all 3 factions and for the first 2 nights the ball grps remained and then went to IC .

LoM, Queens Brigade and Drac all ran regular raids during that first test. I am pretty sure Tyr and VE did too. This test had little impact on the good ball groups. I am really not sure where this is coming from? It's not the first time I have heard it but it is an inaccurate representation.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Oh, on the flipside, we swapped over to BR, which was also full but had no noticeable issues at all. Combat was fluid, everything worked and the fights were a blast.

I guess it's different for everyone. Our group in BR suffered continuous crashing and very seldomly could we get a skill to fire when we wanted it to. We praise the no damage/healing proc. PvP but haven't seen any evidence that it improves performance.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    The lag is way worse. Even 2v3, 5v5 etc fights are subject to ball group lag now. It's been unplayable for our pvp guild for 3 days. Most people have decided to play other games at the moment. I'm on the cusp of doing the same.

It's completely unplayable at all hours. I don't care about proc sets one way or another. Just make the game playable again. All the campaigns were empty last night except Gray Host on NA. No one is enjoying 2 to 5 second delay on every interface command.

I have no idea who these people are saying performance is better, but at this point it's the same 10 people repeatedly shilling it, so I'm not too worried about false information yet
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭

LoM, Queens Brigade and Drac all ran regular raids during that first test. I am pretty sure Tyr and VE did too. This test had little impact on the good ball groups. I am really not sure where this is coming from? It's not the first time I have heard it but it is an inaccurate representation.

Again Like I say read....I said in my first post for the first 2 nights the ball grps were present and after that they disappeared from all the major fights. Hence I say that test 1 was good because for the first 2 night there were massive fights INCLUDING ball grps and performance was better. Then came the claims that test 1 was not valid because everyone was in the IC event.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Revert lighting patch

This. <3
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

...the one where ball grps dissappeared because they were getting killed was TEST no 1 of that grp of 6 ( the first week)

That's the point I am arguing against. What did I miss read? That first test didn't hamper ball groups at all, after minimal adjustments we were fine. The current one is. Every single set used in ball groups no longer works this patch. I agree that ball groups need to be curtailed a bit but forcing aoe cooldowns is not the way. It doesn't actually hamper ball groups as most damage comes from delayed burst, ults are affected and most HOTs/buffs have a surprisingly long duration.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk how ANYONE can think that the 3 second gcd was good in any way at all. The reason it wasn’t laggy was because they created artificial lag by making people only able to cast a skill every 3 seconds. Some classes had basically NO class abilities that weren’t affected. 3 seconds is usually how long it takes between skill casts in lag now. When it’s bad it can be more.

That test destroyed like half of the mechanics of combat in eso lmao. The fact they even considered adding cooldowns permanently was like... so crazy imo, idk...
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the haters need their crimson and syvarra's training wheels, imperial city is always looking for new players :)
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk how ANYONE can think that the 3 second gcd was good in any way at all. The reason it wasn’t laggy was because they created artificial lag by making people only able to cast a skill every 3 seconds. Some classes had basically NO class abilities that weren’t affected. 3 seconds is usually how long it takes between skill casts in lag now. When it’s bad it can be more.

That test destroyed like half of the mechanics of combat in eso lmao. The fact they even considered adding cooldowns permanently was like... so crazy imo, idk...

I think a 3 second cooldown on Resto skills and Alliance War skills could help. The test didn't create artificial lag, anything that was not an AoE was still on a 1 second cooldown. 3 seconds on all AoE skills was extreme, but it was a test. Gameplay (less lag) could benefit from some skills being put on cooldown in my opinion.

I think really if they decide to get rid of proc sets in Cyro then they should go ahead and make PvP armor for use in Cyro, and the only armor allowed in Cyro. Build it from the ground up to specifically perform and be used in Cyro only.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

I think a 3 second cooldown on Resto skills and Alliance War skills could help. The test didn't create artificial lag, anything that was not an AoE was still on a 1 second cooldown. 3 seconds on all AoE skills was extreme, but it was a test. Gameplay (less lag) could benefit from some skills being put on cooldown in my opinion.

I think really if they decide to get rid of proc sets in Cyro then they should go ahead and make PvP armor for use in Cyro, and the only armor allowed in Cyro. Build it from the ground up to specifically perform and be used in Cyro only.

Ik what the test was. And yes it basically did create lag. Some classes had almost 0 useable class skills (skills which aren’t useless that is...) that weren’t effected. No mag spec had a heal that wasn’t on cooldown. Even sorc’s class shield had cooldown when you weren’t even running the pet. It was so bad for anyone that didn’t want to run in a 40 man zerg pew pewing with light attacks.

PvP armor would be ok I guess but the problem is it would make the already redundant sets in eso completely unused. There are SO many sets rn and more than half of them don’t really see any use. There is more set diversity in pvp than there is in pve. If they made sets unusable in cyro then they might as well go ahead and remove half of the sets from the game anyway.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Ik what the test was. And yes it basically did create lag. Some classes had almost 0 useable class skills (skills which aren’t useless that is...) that weren’t effected. No mag spec had a heal that wasn’t on cooldown. Even sorc’s class shield had cooldown when you weren’t even running the pet. It was so bad for anyone that didn’t want to run in a 40 man zerg pew pewing with light attacks.

PvP armor would be ok I guess but the problem is it would make the already redundant sets in eso completely unused. There are SO many sets rn and more than half of them don’t really see any use. There is more set diversity in pvp than there is in pve. If they made sets unusable in cyro then they might as well go ahead and remove half of the sets from the game anyway.

It did not create lag, it made certain skills only usable every 3 seconds. Break free broke you free. I think the majority of AoE calculations are coming from smart heals and Purge spam. This is why I say target Resto staff and Alliance skill lines AoE with the cooldown. Leave class skills alone. Leave AoE damage alone. Focus it on the Resto staff and Alliance skills.

Set diversity in PvP reduces skill requirements and increases gear requirements to be effective. It also makes balancing a nightmare when there are literally millions of gear combinations. Building gear from the ground up with the explicit purpose of being used in Cyrodiil will allow for the cleanest, and leanest code possible for how it interacts in the Cyro environment. In a large way it will allow the separation of PvE/PvP balancing with limiting how much the actual skills would need to be touched.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooldowns give a huge advantage to the side with more numbers in a fight. The faction stacking is bad enough these days, don't encourage it.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged out of Cyrodiil (grayhost). I cannot take it anymore. Its a total mess. An opponent was racing towards at max range, i must have fired 6 shots at him from range and nothing registered, then he closed ranks and my screen flashed and i was dead. My screen said dizzying swing x6. There was no real combat, just me trying to make a hit and then a screen flash. Afterwards, I was on top of a keep trying to fire siege and nothing was hitting even when I had the enemy in range and was spamming left mouse. Later, 3 times I engaged DC ball groups and was rewarded with slow motion movement (and not snare, like 1 frame a sec slow motion), inability to even cast a single ability or potion and eventually frozen while absorbing damage from the ball group without being able to do anything about it. To add salt to my wounds, I had 3 stuck in combat bugs even after dying. All I see are enter and exit combat spams on my screen. I cannot even log out of the game. I have to quit the game without logging. 3 times.

All this in 20 min. It is unplayable and extremely frustrating.

And I do not know what is going on with these ball groups, but whatever is happening, lag is compounded exponentially around them. I have fought similar size groups and do not experience the same issues. In addition, whatever they are doing, they do not seem to be impacted at the same level, as while I cannot cast anything, they certainly do at a high volume as my death log shows.

To add fuel to the fire (and an entirely different problem), DC is pop locked, AD and EP are at 2 bars. I counted 8-10 EP players lingering in Arius and another 12+ AFK near the zone in. We are at 2 bars and 2-3 of our keeps are under attack and one of our scrolls is being taken. More than half of our faction seems to be AFK. I see this quite a lot during queues as well. ZOS really needs to figure out population control. With all the other issues, 10-12 people having to defend against 1, sometimes 2 faction stacked attacks, is not fun. Like most people in my alliance, I am close to just quitting which is sad as there is so much potential.

I'm done until some meaningful progress is made to address these issues.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe most groups mostly avoided Cyrodiil for that first week other than LoM, Drac and Fantasia. There were ofc other groups there at times but they either left to IC rather quickly or were more 'zone groups' rather than what people consider 'ball groups'.

The performance for all of those tests was way way better than the current test though, this has been some of the worst performance i've seen since the days of banner forests and harrowstorm rollbacks.

Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 3, 2021 1:48PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)