The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The results are in and 3 weeks of this mess is unnacceptable

synnerman
synnerman
✭✭✭✭
I have played for 2 days since the test started and tbh we can all see that this has not worked. The lag /skill delays are atrocious on PC EU and quite frankly this is unnacceptable ZoS. We shouldnt have to put up with yet another mess in PvP when its quite plain that this test is not working. I have participated in every single test and still say that Test no 1 was easily the best improvement and suggest you repeat that test without the confusion of people saying "The IC event was on so not many in cyrodiil" ....well there were massive fights the first 2 nights with great perfomance and then the ball grps left because they could be killed.
I don't know if you can change the current test (due to patch /stadia) but this atm is awful and not fair on a VERY long suffering PvP community.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/561928/proc-set-test-vote-for-your-perference/p1 so far almost 100 people seem to not agree with that statement current test does not work.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, are we trying the poll argument again. All polls on these forums tell you is what people who post on these forums think. And all polls in the pvp forums tell you is what the rather limited number of people who hang out in the pvp forums think.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/561928/proc-set-test-vote-for-your-perference/p1 so far almost 100 people seem to not agree with that statement current test does not work.

What has that poll got to do with what I said ....The test does not make performance in cyrodiil better...even the guy who posted the poll says he doesnt know about the server performance yet. I don't like procsets and if I voted in that poll I would vote that way...that doesnt mean because people vote to say they don't like proc sets that they think not having proc sets in the current test has improved server performance. I can see zone chat in cyrodiil in the current test and its full of people complaining etc and saying the current test has not worked.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is because game with no dmg dealing proc-sets is way more balanced & fair, not necessarily less laggy...
    synnerman wrote: »
    ball grps left because they could be killed.
    Noticed that too... it is hilarious. Once they were not able to win 24/7 and had to play carefully (just like everyone else does), a lot of them left lol...
    ... and the ones that stayed are basically a group of 12 Wardens :D:joy:
    I guess it goes to show who was carried by proc sets the most...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 17, 2021 12:02PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert lighting patch
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new cyrodiil. Not getting one-shot by cheaters is fantastic. Several people have brought up that apparently it was possible for people to trigger procs every time. Someone in heavy armor shouldn't be able to 2 shot people because of procs. It shouldn't take 25 people to down anyone, no matter how good. The sets need some serious work to make the state of the game better. Additionally, my performance has been greatly improved, as my Assasin's Will bow proc now goes off on the first try for 22/24 hours, 100% of the time.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is because game with no dmg dealing proc-sets is way more balanced & fair, not necessarily less laggy...
    No damage proc is anywhere near as obnoxious as sets that trivialize survival or sustain like Eternal Vigor or Earthgore. The absence of the latter in particular has made large scale PvP much more enjoyable and balanced. You can actually stick ultimates like Negate on the ground now. That said, performance is horrible, worse than MYM.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not what the poll asks----the poll asks if you "like" procs or dont like them. That is all it asks.
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    No damage proc is anywhere near as obnoxious as sets that trivialize survival or sustain like Eternal Vigor or Earthgore. The absence of the latter in particular has made large scale PvP much more enjoyable and balanced. You can actually stick ultimates like Negate on the ground now. That said, performance is horrible, worse than MYM.

Although the idea of no procs is a novelty, I would vehemently disagree that its "balanced". That being said I agree 100% that the performance is awful. Grayhost on PC/NA during prime time is unplayable. Interestingly enough the groups I run with have found that for some reason offensive skills are exceedingly more effected than heals with regard to skill delay, or skills even working for that matter.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IDK, played PCNA GH for about 4 hours yesterday through prime time and felt that overall performance was considerably better than before. There were still issues, like a partial server meltdown that put almost everyone in slow motion for a while and quite a few disconnects it seemed. But for the most part my skills worked, bar swapped and breaking free of CC was actually able to be done.

In all of those situations though, there was a 3 way faction stack with hundreds of players from each side in a very small area... which I felt was considerably more in packed in one place than normal times, where folks are more spread out. Yet gameplay was actually decent, generally responsive and definitely not the slideshow I usually experience with considerably less players in one spot.

In short, is this test the magic bullet that fixed all the issues... nope. Has it actually made things better, most definitely yes for me and most of the folks I was playing with (about a dozen).
    Edited by Kwoung on February 17, 2021 6:26PM
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    IDK, played PCNA GH for about 4 hours yesterday through prime time and felt that overall performance was considerably better than before. There were still issues, like a partial server meltdown that put almost everyone in slow motion for a while and quite a few disconnects it seemed. But for the most part my skills worked, bar swapped and breaking free of CC was actually able to be done.

In all of those situations though, there was a 3 way faction stack with hundreds of players from each side in a very small area... which I felt was considerably more in packed in one place than normal times, where folks are more spread out. Yet gameplay was actually decent, generally responsive and definitely not the slideshow I usually experience with considerably less players in one spot.

In short, is this test the magic bullet that fixed all the issues... nope. Has it actually made things better, most definitely yes for me and most of the folks I was playing with (about a dozen).

Funny how you and your friends are some of the ONLY people across the whole game seeing any kind of performance improvement at all, never mind with the whole server apparently at the same place as you.....
    Could it be you just like the non-proc meta and are biasing your results to suit?
    Edited by Ringod123 on February 17, 2021 6:51PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »

Funny how you and your friends are some of the ONLY people across the whole game seeing any kind of performance improvement at all, never mind with the whole server apparently at the same place as you.....
    Could it be you just like the non-proc meta and are biasing your results to suit?

Actually no I am not biased like I assume most posting on either side are, I have characters on both sides of that fence and play each in different situations. No proc would probably make me shelve a good portion of them.

While I do not play GH as much as some, I am usually there 2 days a week now and on BR the rest of the time, so unlike full time GH players I feel I am not so used to the lag there anymore and feel it pretty bad on the days I do play there. Yesterday while yes as I said, it wasn't fixed, it was definitely better than before. Only on a couple of occasions did I have skills not fire and not once was I perma locked down, unable to break free and able to do nothing but watch myself die, like usually happens. I also didn't get disconnected once, while normally I do at least once per 3 hour session. One friend did get disconnected once though, which is a huge improvement over our normal game stability.

Anyways, not pushing one way or another, just stating my personal experience in a decently long play session yesterday, your mileage and experience may vary.

BTW, I find it hard to believe my friends and I were the only ones seeing improvements, as there were at least 300 other players around us all moving smoothly, casting skills, etc.. except during the server hicup, which everyone commented about in zone chat. I have honestly never seen that many folks in one spot with so many actually being able to still function before.
    Edited by Kwoung on February 17, 2021 7:06PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, it's unacceptable playing this mess of a pvp and having only 3 enjoyable weeks.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I forgot to add... maybe its just luck, but not once did any of us rubberband, which had become a fairly common occurrence while playing on GH.
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played from 9PM - 12AM EST on Grayhost both yesterday and the day before and the performance was completely unplayable. Skills simply would not trigger, or there would be upwards of 3-5 second delay of them firing off after the button press. Things like stat regen, and ultimate generation were not even registering, and at some points I could only heavy attack. Both times I had between 80-120 ping, and I ran trace routes and had zero packet loss. Yesterday after an hour of this, we moved to black reach and the game played fine. I should also note that outside of peak times when everyone is just faction stacking the game performs fine. As it stands right now though Grayhost is unplayable during prime time.
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Revert lighting patch

change from TCP to UDP... re-write the code... Upgrade from the original hacked up HERO ENGINE the game currently runs on since 2014!.. it's 2021 now, with $93 million dollars taken in last year... Don't other MMOs upgrade their game engines over time?

is lighting really the issue, or were there other changes made at that time?

Something began to stink with the client server changes in update 25 in particular, no?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even bother making these threads?

"Performance was unplayable!"

"Performance was great!"
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why even bother making these threads?

"Performance was unplayable!"

"Performance was great!"

Good question, maybe there is way more to the issue than there being lag/no-lag. Prior to this test, I was in the perma-lagged camp in PCNA GH where nearly nothing worked, yesterday in the largest battles I have seen, stuff worked. On the flipside, during MYM people were saying lag on GH was mostly gone, whereas on Blackreach the game was neigh unplayable during the event, worst than regular GH, the game was more of a Powerpoint Presentation than a game half the time and it was guaranteed that at least 1/3 of your group would be disconnected at any given time.

IDK what the issue is, but it apparently affects everyone differently.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing in both low pop situations and high population, removing the proc's had no noticeable affect. As for combat balance, the same people that were hard to kill are still hard to kill, while people that were easy to kill are still easy to kill.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they need to end this "test" now. It's a complete failure in every sense other than balancing.

There is no sensible reason to put players through this any longer. Lag is off the charts to the point of making the game unplayable. It is 3x-5x worse than with proc sets.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's unacceptable.... only 3 weeks needs to be extended to at minimum 5 months(death to the procs)
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    Yes, they need to end this "test" now. It's a complete failure in every sense other than balancing.

There is no sensible reason to put players through this any longer. Lag is off the charts to the point of making the game unplayable. It is 3x-5x worse than with proc sets.

lmao definitely not worse than with proc sets..... seems someone wants his carry sets back.... go play bgs where you can still use them and let those of us who enjoy no proc sets enjoy cyrodil for the next 3 weeks
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much more than an anecdote here, but I also haven't seen a noticeable performance improvement yet. I'm a little skeptical of this test, since I'm reasonably certain the improvement scales linearly with number of targets hit and that's typically a sign that it's not your biggest bottleneck, but it's possible that any performance improvements wouldn't be seen in the types of fights I found tonight (mostly me in a "ball group" fighting mostly unorganized zergs. Maybe we'll only see improvements in BvB (ball versus ball) fights, if at all. I'll tell you what though, no proc sets seems like a really good test of groups' fundamentals. Can't rely on some VD procs, have to make sure you're dumping damage together even more than ever. It's interesting.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This propaganda in favour of proc sets will not pass! Procs are doomed! Your era is over.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im excited about the change and it is why im back to the game :-)
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update and counter to my previous posts. Tonight GH was totally unplayable. While it was fine for us yesterday, tonight I got to experience normal lag as well, possibly worst than normal. I have no idea what caused it, the fights had considerably less players involved, all 3 factions were pop-locked as before, but tonight was as bad as ever. Skills not firing and all the rest of the normal issues. So unless ZOS made some sort of stealth change overnight, they have a rather large issue on their hands, as nothing changed on my end other than smaller fights with larger lag.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, on the flipside, we swapped over to BR, which was also full but had no noticeable issues at all. Combat was fluid, everything worked and the fights were a blast.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, on the flipside, we swapped over to BR, which was also full but had no noticeable issues at all. Combat was fluid, everything worked and the fights were a blast.

Totally agree, BR has been fantastic. I'm loving the no proc set thing. Truly aplay what you want.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »

lmao definitely not worse than with proc sets..... seems someone wants his carry sets back.... go play bgs where you can still use them and let those of us who enjoy no proc sets enjoy cyrodil for the next 3 weeks

Performance is literally worse.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    I have played for 2 days since the test started and tbh we can all see that this has not worked. The lag /skill delays are atrocious on PC EU and quite frankly this is unnacceptable ZoS. We shouldnt have to put up with yet another mess in PvP when its quite plain that this test is not working. I have participated in every single test and still say that Test no 1 was easily the best improvement and suggest you repeat that test without the confusion of people saying "The IC event was on so not many in cyrodiil" ....well there were massive fights the first 2 nights with great perfomance and then the ball grps left because they could be killed.
    I don't know if you can change the current test (due to patch /stadia) but this atm is awful and not fair on a VERY long suffering PvP community.

Ball groups were very much present in the last test. Not sure where you were playing. They very much were functional during that test too. A lot of the not as good ones suffered but the good ones adapted and were just as strong.

Also not sure why people are complaining about this test. This is literally the must balanced Cyrodil has been in years and the lag wasn't that bad for us on NA. I haven't ever played on EU maybe they did something to the EU server software.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs