The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP zones in PvE

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justice system let's gooooooo
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simplest solution would be a FO76 style "pacifist" option in PvP areas. That way PvErs could go there to do the quests etc, opting out of PvP... and even if they still got harassed by PvPers nothing would come of it since they could do no damage. Nothing else about the area/s would need to change that way.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the simplest solution is to do nothing. It's absolutely not needed so no change is necessary
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    The limited PvE in Cyro / IC is designed in such a way that it encourages people to try these zones

You would have a point if you only mention Cyrodiil. Imperial City has a full PvE set-up like other zones of similar size. Now, granted, I don't really care about making these zones into PvE.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    No leave PvE where it is and PvP where it is. The limited PvE in Cyro / IC is designed in such a way that it encourages people to try these zones. Some like it, some don't, those that do stay, those that don't *** on the forums demanding PvE Cyro / IC.

They forget that most people come to the game as PvErs and end up playing PvP due to the PvE and events in Cyro / IC.

So leave those two zones alone.

And openworld PvP is just a wasted request. It won't happen because it would cost too much to implement and would either be hardly used as everyone would have if turned off or abused by trolls and griefers.

The openworld is not designed for PvP and while there are a few places it might work most of the time anyone wanting to PvP in openworld wpuld be running around looking for the other PvPer in openworld or would be waiting in a populated zone in the hope of finding them

You forget the other reason, which is that whether it was optional or not the moment open world PvP was announced a very large section of the massively majority playerbase - PvEers - would quit, overnight.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    This is basically an attempt to troll pvers who want a version of PvE where they won't have gankers camping quest points for easy kills. If they made a separate version of PvE and pvp zones for both crowds the pvpers would still complain cause then they'd only get to fight people actually geared and speced to pvp which would make it harder for them.

Not sure where you get that from.. By my experience most PvP players arent interested in killing pve noobs, but to have decent fight

Yeah. They got that idea from here, the forums. You've not noticed the many many many threads that come up, where pvp players are drooling over the ganking opportunities coming up in events. You haven't noticed the threads where pvpers admit they look forward to pve players coming to cyrodiil because they are noobs. The threads about abusing doorway loading screens at the quest giver in one town. Where it would be possible to camp for the most opportunities to kill unprepared players.

Thank the Divines for attunable stations that let me totally ignore IC crafting stations now, but...when I had to go to IC to craft gear, I *never* met a pvper who wanted a decent fight, in the sewers or in the city. One I recall in particular would hang back and wait until my character was finishing a fight against the daedra and npc enemies, and then attack. I never fought back; never attempted to fight back, and the "pvper who wanted a decent fight" finally got tired of killing my character after the 6th time.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want the alliance war to spread at least to the original pve areas. I want like AD to attack Mournhold etc. Would be EPIC.

And also i want to play maomer and they would be the sea invaders, the 4th alliance.

I'm currently between jobs, zos, if u wanna give me a call regarding the future of eso :) my hourly rate is negotiable.