The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP zones in PvE

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all, people asking for PvE only PvP zones so I'm asking for PvP in PvE zones
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read the comments of the OP in the thread that obviously inspired you to make the unoriginal suggestion of PvP in PvE zones - it's been made so many times before including recently - then you'll know that he meant that Cyrodiil should remain exactly as it is for PvP but with a PvE version of it by way of a separate instance. Again, not an original suggestion by any means.

My first preference would be to leave all zones exactly as they are so far as the PvP and PvE arrangements are concerned. My second preference would be for PvPers and PvEers alike to stop baiting each other with these types of threads and for both to accept the balance of the game as it is.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all, people asking for PvE only PvP zones so I'm asking for PvP in PvE zones

Dueling was added to the game in... what... 2016?

ZoS: You're welcome, you already have this feature!
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    If you read the comments of the OP in the thread that obviously inspired you to make the unoriginal suggestion of PvP in PvE zones - it's been made so many times before including recently - then you'll know that he meant that Cyrodiil should remain exactly as it is for PvP but with a PvE version of it by way of a separate instance. Again, not an original suggestion by any means.

My first preference would be to leave all zones exactly as they are so far as the PvP and PvE arrangements are concerned. My second preference would be for PvPers and PvEers alike to stop baiting each other with these types of threads and for both to accept the balance of the game as it is.

I agree that it should be left as is and pve player should not ask for pvp zones to go pve and vice versa for pvp players.... it's getting real old at this point
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO!

I have spoken
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I agree that it should be left as is and pve player should not ask for pvp zones to go pve and vice versa for pvp players.... it's getting real old at this point

In events, I think there's a fair argument to be made for it, at least how the events are done now. Basically, if the intention is for something to actually be a PvP event, getting rewards from PvE quests should be disabled. Make it an actual PvP event. Then, players who prefer PvE would actually have to do PvP to participate in the event. Those who are really against it simply wouldn't participate at all. Of course, this solution was more viable before events got monetized. These days? It really wouldn't kill ZoS to do a PvP-disabled instance of these zones once a year during these events. Plus, then the folks who actually want to PvP have a full population on the campaign of people who actually want to PvP. No more spots being wasted by people who are not going to help your team.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We already have PvP in PvE zones, it's called resource farming, chest farming, and mudballs. You can use mudballs to slow down another farmer to get to nodes/chests before them.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the actual zones we have now, but duplicates just for PVPers. Maybe moved forward along the timeline that so far has never moved so the plebs can keep fighting off the Bretons on Bleak Rock forever but we'd get something new to do AND get to PVP there (and use the crafting stations, after we sweep up).

That way we wouldn't take anything away from anybody else and everybody's happy. :)
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyll get pve ic when we get pvp overland :)
    Edited by erio on February 28, 2021 11:34PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No to both.
  • JerrysKid
    JerrysKid
    ✭✭
    It breaks my immersion in PVE zones that I can't attack and kill anyone I see.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Title says it all, people asking for PvE only PvP zones, so I'm asking for PvP in PvE zones

And you didn't even try to come up with the same type of suggestions as the PvE cyrodiil thread.

I would be thrilled if there would be a separate world for pvp. The rabidly competitive wanna-have-immersion playing a psychopathic spree killer butchering any other players and NPCs without regard to any type of story could log in to this separate server and kill other players who want to kill other players everywhere all the time, even their own factions.

If this happened, then there would be no barrier to a PvE instance of cyrodiil and IC, where no ap was gained, and only NPC enemies could be killed.

But the pvpers won't ever go for it because they'd have to fight other pvpers who built and geared their characters for pvp instead of ganking pvers who are hunting shards and attempting pve quests.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I would rather see group duels and the scrapped pvp portion of the justice system be added than just have straight free for all pvp.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »
    Not the actual zones we have now, but duplicates just for PVPers. Maybe moved forward along the timeline that so far has never moved so the plebs can keep fighting off the Bretons on Bleak Rock forever but we'd get something new to do AND get to PVP there (and use the crafting stations, after we sweep up).

That way we wouldn't take anything away from anybody else and everybody's happy. :)

Bad idea on a number of levels. Outside of Cyrodiil the zones were not created for PvP. No choke points and no areas of interest or goals to get players into one area. Would be a few people hiding by Wayshrines waiting to gank some unsuspecting player. Maybe the first two weeks there would be some actual encounters. Most the PvP crowd would gravitate back to battlegrounds or Cyrodiil quick. After the first week a few players might jump up to the PvP zones hoping to take advantage of the lack of other players to farm materials. One encounter would send them elsewhere for the evening. Something new means something that almost all players would want to try. New stuff locked behind PvP would cause an outcry as yet unseen in these forums. Updating the zones with new stuff would be a disaster. For proof look how the recent Midyear Mayhem event was perceived in the forums. And it would be a waste of ZoS resources to put so much time and effort to what would be empty instances of all the zones.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Faded wrote: »

Bad idea on a number of levels. Outside of Cyrodiil the zones were not created for PvP. No choke points and no areas of interest or goals to get players into one area. Would be a few people hiding by Wayshrines waiting to gank some unsuspecting player. Maybe the first two weeks there would be some actual encounters. Most the PvP crowd would gravitate back to battlegrounds or Cyrodiil quick. After the first week a few players might jump up to the PvP zones hoping to take advantage of the lack of other players to farm materials. One encounter would send them elsewhere for the evening. Something new means something that almost all players would want to try. New stuff locked behind PvP would cause an outcry as yet unseen in these forums. Updating the zones with new stuff would be a disaster. For proof look how the recent Midyear Mayhem event was perceived in the forums. And it would be a waste of ZoS resources to put so much time and effort to what would be empty instances of all the zones.

;)
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it would be nice to have some kind of bounty hunter system.. Like when someone is chased by law you can accept quest to hunt him down and get cut of reward
    But for that justice system would need to be adjusted along with some system to prevent players to immidiately log off
    Like players wouldnt be able to force disconect in unsafe zone - char would stay logged for 5 more minutes even without player
    Edited by Anyron on March 2, 2021 5:35AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have dueling though one idea would be to have an option you can turn off and on to allow people to pvp with you any time in pve zones.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Title says it all, people asking for PvE only PvP zones, so I'm asking for PvP in PvE zones

And you didn't even try to come up with the same type of suggestions as the PvE cyrodiil thread.

I would be thrilled if there would be a separate world for pvp. The rabidly competitive wanna-have-immersion playing a psychopathic spree killer butchering any other players and NPCs without regard to any type of story could log in to this separate server and kill other players who want to kill other players everywhere all the time, even their own factions.

If this happened, then there would be no barrier to a PvE instance of cyrodiil and IC, where no ap was gained, and only NPC enemies could be killed.

But the pvpers won't ever go for it because they'd have to fight other pvpers who built and geared their characters for pvp instead of ganking pvers who are hunting shards and attempting pve quests.

This exactly.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is basically an attempt to troll pvers who want a version of pve where they won't have gankers camping quest points for easy kills. If they made a seperate version of pve and pvp zones for both crowds the pvpers would still complain cause then they'd only get to fight people actually geared and speced to pvp which would make it harder for them.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is basically an attempt to troll pvers who want a version of pve where they won't have gankers camping quest points for easy kills. If they made a seperate version of pve and pvp zones for both crowds the pvpers would still complain cause then they'd only get to fight people actually geared and speced to pvp which would make it harder for them.

Not sure where you get that from.. By my experience most PvP players arent interested in killing pve noobs, but to have decent fight
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

Not sure where you get that from.. By my experience most PvP players arent interested in killing pve noobs, but to have decent fight

Clearly you haven't seen the events where some will go to the most populated one by that alliance knowing it'll be mostly pvers in imperial city and then wait outside the sewer entrance in teams to gank them and I'm not even kidding on that I've seen them camping with an actual gank squad they'd come out of hiding as soon as anyone came past and it's like this every pvp event.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell if people wanted a decent fight then ball groups wouldn't exist.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly you haven't seen the events where some will go to the most populated one by that alliance knowing it'll be mostly pvers in imperial city and then wait outside the sewer entrance in teams to gank them and I'm not even kidding on that I've seen them camping with an actual gank squad they'd come out of hiding as soon as anyone came past and it's like this every pvp event.

Every event turns out the worse from some players, its human nature after all , most of them are doing it only to *** off pve players
    This goes for greedy pve events too, spamming aoes on boss respawn place only to do as much damage as they can, not waiting for others
    Edited by Anyron on March 2, 2021 6:25AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every event turns out the worse from some players, its human nature after all , most of them are doing it only to *** off pve players
    This goes for greedy pve events too, spamming aoes on boss respawn place only to do as much damage as they can, not waiting for others

Yeah well I know with the mass boss' it's a thing of trying to get some damage on the boss so they can complete the quest I guess that's the problem with boss killing event related quests. A good fix to this would be to make them respawn much faster during events.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also a problem that clockwork city has only two boss' so there's less places to go for one. And those crafting node resource collections with all the delve quests really don't work well with events.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never spent much time in Cyrodiil or IC have you?
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With justice system and head hunting after PKs as daily quests from guards and maybe even Dark Brotherhood ^^
    Headhunting groups hunting PKs *O*
    PKs killing low lvl people :D
    Battles for grinding spots and nodes. Bots being killed.

Have pros and cons. Idk.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Never spent much time in Cyrodiil or IC have you?

Not really.. Just something about 6 years
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Just move PvP on to a seperate server of it's own entirely. That way they can PvP everywhere, and then give PvErs access to a PvE version of Cyrodiil etc on their PvE servers. Move duelling to the PvP server while you're at it too.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No leave PvE where it is and PvP where it is. The limited PvE in Cyro / IC is designed in such a way that it encourages people to try these zones. Some like it, some don't, those that do stay, those that don't *** on the forums demanding PvE Cyro / IC.

They forget that most people come to the game as PvErs and end up playing PvP due to the PvE and events in Cyro / IC.

So leave those two zones alone.

And openworld PvP is just a wasted request. It won't happen because it would cost too much to implement and would either be hardly used as everyone would have if turned off or abused by trolls and griefers.

The openworld is not designed for PvP and while there are a few places it might work most of the time anyone wanting to PvP in openworld wpuld be running around looking for the other PvPer in openworld or would be waiting in a populated zone in the hope of finding them