The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What class do you find the most difficult to fight in Cyrodiil? (No proc test Edition)

Kikazaru
Kikazaru
✭✭✭✭✭
So we are halfway through the no proc test in CyrodiiI and I'm curious how much the balance of power has shifted since then!

Nbs and Sorcs have risen a lot in power as I have predicted! The amount of magicka sorcerers are at an all time high since like.... forever! :D

Edited by Kikazaru on February 28, 2021 3:57PM
Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

What class do you find the most difficult to fight in Cyrodiil? (No proc test Edition) 133 votes

Sorcerers
37%
KikazaruGilvothCyrdemaceb17_ESOAektannorion_1981usub17_ESOWolfpawmitebaKartalinRhaegar75Waylander07gamma71WaffennachtjhharvestChrisXOAdenomabubbyginkTheNorthernDragonOcelot9xmaster_vanargandNeloth 50 votes
Nightblades
9%
ArandearAnyronGrebcolMicah_Bayerxylena_lazarowQaghiomgi87universal_wrathIshtharoallan0nDreadDaedrothnesakinterINe_Saninus 13 votes
Templars
7%
Kayshalolo_01b16_ESODrSlaughtrcsparks1JofootballoGreenHereApostateHoboDirt_RoosterDarian_Rathmanglerius 10 votes
Dragonknights
4%
DatoliteAthrys5VinterskaldkatorgaWaywardArgonianCanperial35 6 votes
Warden
30%
Joy_Divisionmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOThrabenadepaul321b16_ESOLamagrokiedsalterAdernathNoctusMrDenimChickenVegDjinn_al_zahirReverbVevvevFriedEggSandwichSleep724NagualVMetemsycosisblkjagEmmagoldmanChilly-McFreeze 41 votes
Necromancers
9%
copitoRagnaroek93TBoisxI_The_Owl_IxadirondackGrimlok_SJierdanitoXI_Viper_IXojaws343fboursLostToTheSeaPattcehtErebear 13 votes
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Sorcs are incredibly oppressive from range which is difficult, but if you lock them down you can kill them. Wardens I find are unkillable regardless of set criteria. I have a warden(with only 25k health)that I don't play very often, but I can testify if you are on your backbar it takes multiple people to kill you. Once you are cycling vines, arctic and vigor no one is taking you down😂
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are incredibly oppressive from range which is difficult, but if you lock them down you can kill them. Wardens I find are unkillable regardless of set criteria. I have a warden(with only 25k health)that I don't play very often, but I can testify if you are on your backbar it takes multiple people to kill you. Once you are cycling vines, arctic and vigor no one is taking you down😂

Agree. Warden is hardest to take down.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Most difficult to fight against, or fight as? I assume the former but it's not clear.

I voted Warden. Big and meaty and able to build up damage stacks easily.

Sorcs are leading the poll atm but they seem ok if you just time your stun+burst on them when their shields go down. Also the big secret is kill their pets. This extra demand on their sustain is usually enough to have them streaking off over the hills (obviously you don't kill them, but sending a sorc flying away into the night is a moral victory).
    Edited by rbfrgsp on February 27, 2021 11:35AM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    Sorcs were and remain easy mode to play and let's face it...if they don't fancy fighting you they will just f off and reset the fight.
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on February 27, 2021 12:07PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    sorry double post!!!
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on February 27, 2021 12:08PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Sorcs were and remain easy mode to play and let's face it...if they don't fancy fighting you they will just f off and reset the fight.

Kinda disagree here, found Stam Warden eazy to play and score *** of kills.

Magsorc in bg is just a class waiting to hit execute to steal the kill.

Funny that all the polls show sorc, bet it has something to do with proc set removal.

BTW bad wardens burst is countered eazy but if u fight a good one they land their combo pretty often
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Which class can actually defeat a MagSorc in ranged combat situations, and maybe even kill the Portsorc when he's trying to streak away?

Yes, it is the StamWarden.

By the way, both classes suffer from a lack of bar space, that's how good their class skills are.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    Magsorc. Unless you are in a magsorc, then it's warden as far as killing, but you can kite a warden.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Just shows how every spec except mag sorc is carried by procs.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the question. Most difficult to play or most difficult to play against?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars
    fred4 wrote: »
    I don't understand the question. Most difficult to play or most difficult to play against?

Yeah, this... Seems like most people are voting Sorcs, but that could be skewed by the sheer number of them AND the dual interpretability of the OP's question.

@Kikazaru , I suggest you clarify in the OP, or better yet in the title if possible! Most difficult to play against, or as?
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    GreenHere wrote: »

Yeah, this... Seems like most people are voting Sorcs, but that could be skewed by the sheer number of them AND the dual interpretability of the OP's question.

@Kikazaru , I suggest you clarify in the OP, or better yet in the title if possible! Most difficult to play against, or as?

Whoopsie. It's the same as my previous poll, it has been corrected. I am talking about your opponents and which class you find to be the most challenging to fight against..

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="sS0imZb"><a href="https://imgur.com/sS0imZb">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Edited by Kikazaru on June 19, 2021 8:57PM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    GreenHere wrote: »

Whoopsie. It's the same as my previous poll, it has been corrected. I am talking about your opponents and which class you find to be the most challenging to fight against.

Well... then my vote is invalid! haha

Wardens would be my pick. Sorcs are annoying and ubiquitous, but Wardens just seem to be more complete (for lack of a better word) and hardy from the get-go. Slap on some stat and regen sets, and you're dangerous & hard to take down -- even before the no-proc testing.

• INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades
    I would say NB.
    Mag Sorc second.
    Stamden and Stamcro tied for third.

As a stam class main, Magsorc is frustrating because you have to keep pressure on a build that has great mobility.
    They can keep distance with a CC, or Streak, or with Streak w/CC.
    If you don't pressure them, you basically become a dummy parse and you get unloaded into.
    If you get them down and they have even a second to recover, they reset the fight and you have to start over.
    Unless you're built with taking one down in mind, it can be a frustrating fight.

Stamden and Stamcro are obviously just tanky with good dmg mitigation and healing options.
    Combine with great burst potential (you can be dominating a duel and make one mistake and it's game over) and they can both be a challenge to take down.

...but a well played NB.
    Whooooo... (wipes sweat from brow)
    A well played NB is a monster. Someone who knows how to use Shadow Image AND Cloak...?! With a CC on their spamable...?!
    They are a rare breed it it takes a lot of skill to get to that point (95% are mediocre at best), but that fight will have you rethinking everything from your build to your character choice. Smh.

Just my opinion.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    I've been having issues with seeing sorc damage. Like something gets desynced.

Just had 1 where I was fighting 1, hit crescent sweep in melee , they streaked away and I started getting curse and chunks of health dropping, I'm just spamming heals at range kind of watching nothing on me going "WTF!" as they appear to dark deal health back up, then they drop dead and I get an alert for killing blow from crescent sweep from at least 20 meters away.

This damned game sometimes.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    stamden or stamcro. or any stamina player cuz im magblade :D

all my skills are dodged by infinite roll dodges
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    Deleted
    Edited by LightYagami on March 1, 2021 1:11AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Just shows how every spec except mag sorc is carried by procs.

Word !

The problem with this poll is that it doesn't say if we're talking about BGs or Cyro. In Cyro you'll rarely have fair fights (it isn't the point) and from my experience as a magsorc that plays kinda in your face, it's definitely stamdens and stamcros.

In BGs it's a different story entirely we can't compare the two
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    Magsorcs are difficult to fight yes, but easy to kill.
    Hard to catch a friggin light ball zapping around and dealing 0 damage to my dk from range while I hopelessly try to catch them with my 2 hander-sword and shield combo that has 0 ranged skills other than leap-crit rush as gapcloser
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    Best damage, best speed, best shield, best pets.
    Sorcerer has everything, it has no weaknesses and is the strongest.
    Sorcerer is destroying the game balance in PvP.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers
    As a stamplar, a necro with Maj Evasion and 10% mit ghost can just afk my combo. I can wear down pretty much anyone else.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers
    everybody knows that sorcerers and wardens are Way too much Damage and Way too much Defenses.

please bring back shield breaker set.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 27, 2021 4:55PM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    For me, it's stam Warden. Nothing else comes even remotely close.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I parked my warden and necro. With or without procs, they're easy mode. TBH, Mag sorc is next easiest considering in no-proc.

Been having a blast on a bow/bow stam sorc, 2h/sb stam dk, and no-invis magblade. I like the feeling of danger.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden followed by sorc followed by necro.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on April 28, 2021 6:21PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    Templars
    shoulda been a choice for "Anyone except Magblade"
  • LostToTheSea
    LostToTheSea
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancers
    I want to answer warden, because of the ridiculous state of balance they are in. That said, stamcro by far if the player is relatively competent.