The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Happy with the new CP system

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
The more I test it, the more I appreciate this change. Once one has gone through the intricacies (yes, there are and lot of them) the old, present live system look rough and clumsy.

I tested on three builds, modelled upon what I have on live. My main problem was to be able to replicate the most closely my live settings. Maybe this is an incorrect attitude and it is better to sketch first what one wants to achieve and then tinker accordingly.

IMO a detailed guide on how to translate the old system into the new one (some video is already there, but more is needed) would be very useful to our community
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, there is no way to translate the old system into the new system. You wont get close to get the current damage boost for critical, AOE, elemental/physical and direct damage for example.

You stat sheet might look decent with the extra health and 1000 weapon/spell damage but your skills will not hit as hard as they did before if you're currently close to max CP because there are less multipliers and the multipliers are lower as well.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    The more I test it, the more I appreciate this change. Once one has gone through the intricacies (yes, there are and lot of them) the old, present live system look rough and clumsy.

I tested on three builds, modelled upon what I have on live. My main problem was to be able to replicate the most closely my live settings. Maybe this is an incorrect attitude and it is better to sketch first what one wants to achieve and then tinker accordingly.

IMO a detailed guide on how to translate the old system into the new one (some video is already there, but more is needed) would be very useful to our community

I am excited about the new system <3:)

• fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, there is no way to translate the old system into the new system. You wont get close to get the current damage boost for critical, AOE, elemental/physical and direct damage for example.

You stat sheet might look decent with the extra health and 1000 weapon/spell damage but your skills will not hit as hard as they did before if you're currently close to max CP because there are less multipliers and the multipliers are lower as well.

Yep Septimus, I agree.
    What I was able to get is a "fairly close" to any live build of mine. My current feel is that the dps is bound to be lower, and this is apparent both as stats and as field (PVE in my case) performance. By and large let's say that my PTS builds, with all legendary and 3600CP, were on a par with their live analogues, that had gold only on staves and about 600CP.
    Health/sustain though, suffer way less, if at all; to be fair they looked to me slightly better.
    Needless to say this may be caused by my choices and ability (or lack of) to use the new system

I did not any parse or measurement, only a field test on some Crag group delves and some low level dungeons, as solo, ofc.
    I use only mag builds for dd, in this case they were templar, sorc and blade.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the extra stuff on offer. I'm happy enough to trade abit of damage.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    With all the extra stuff on offer. I'm happy enough to trade abit of damage.

Well... it is not actually just "a bit", and you have to add that you will find yourself abruptly placed on a much lower ladder in the CP tier (namely, e.g. from 600/810 to 600/3600!). I hope that the XP access is really made less steep, as I hear it will be all around.