The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Bravil Retriever is cute, but...

Merina
Merina
✭✭
...where are its TEETH? or TONGUE?hBTtERM.png
Edited by Merina on February 22, 2021 4:17AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's from Bravil. The water there never looked particularly healthy...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... if it's that old, the fur should be greyer
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Hmmm.... if it's that old, the fur should be greyer

Old dogs lose their tongue? :cold_sweat: Please don't tell me that also happens to people.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Old dogs lose their tongue? :cold_sweat: Please don't tell me that also happens to people.

Have you never noticed all the old people with no tongues on the street?

Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Have you never noticed all the old people with no tongues on the street?

I rarely leave my tower, to be honest. Especially since there are so many n'wah with unsettling animals outside. Sadrith Mora's harbour looks just like a zoo. I can see it from my window. And if I now imagine that all those animals have no tongue, and their owners neither... :confounded: It's probably better to stay inside.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely leave my tower, to be honest. Especially since there are so many n'wah with unsettling animals outside. Sadrith Mora's harbour looks just like a zoo. I can see it from my window. And if I now imagine that all those animals have no tongue, and their owners neither... :confounded: It's probably better to stay inside.

Oh, don't worry, you can leave your tower. They may all be disturbingly colored and shiny, but if they don't have tongues then they're also less... talkative.

Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, don't worry, you can leave your tower. They may all be disturbingly colored and shiny, but if they don't have tongues then they're also less... talkative.

They might not be able to talk, but are you sure those colours don't mean they're poisonous? Maybe I should send a servant first?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They might not be able to talk, but are you sure those colours don't mean they're poisonous? Maybe I should send a servant first?

This is an excellent idea, but just think of the costs if it turns out they're really toxic! But maybe we can take some samples and then work on the appropriate antidotes.

Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an excellent idea, but just think of the costs if it turns out they're really toxic!

Well, I'd just... buy a new servant then?

@Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But that's exactly what's going to drive you into bankruptcy, considering how often you have to test it out! Therefore the "testers" need to be better prepared.

Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But that's exactly what's going to drive you into bankruptcy, considering how often you have to test it out! Therefore the "testers" need to be better prepared.

Heroes in Tamriel are a dime a dozen and are quite used to checking out skeevers in you basement and similar tasks. Just for a handful of pebbles from your backyard and wearing a quest marker over your head for a bit.
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oof that is nightmare fuel... :cold_sweat:
    That flat red textureless bottom 'jaw' makes the dog look like some evil plastic animatronic dog-puppet.
    I can't be the only one weirded out by that creepy fake mouth, right? :lol:
    sawpuppy.png
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Heroes in Tamriel are a dime a dozen and are quite used to checking out skeevers in you basement and similar tasks. Just for a handful of pebbles from your backyard and wearing a quest marker over your head for a bit.

They are, but would they like to play the guinea pig for antidotes, for example? To protect us at last from all those evil creatues without tongues?

Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are, but would they like to play the guinea pig for antidotes, for example? To protect us at last from all those evil creatues without tongues?

Yeah, definitely, as long as you call that "a quest"
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, it's so easy nowadays. And if we can't find an adventurer, we could maybe just ask the Hlaalu? There's always one who'd sell his own mother for 5 gold.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, it's so easy nowadays. And if we can't find an adventurer, we could maybe just ask the Hlaalu? There's always one who'd sell his own mother for 5 gold.

Excuse me, but neither I nor any other good standing Hlaalu would ever sell their mother for that! I'm willing to discuss one of the servants though, or for bit more, my good for nothing cousin.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 23, 2021 4:36AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me, but neither I nor any other good standing Hlaalu would ever sell their mother for that! I'm willing to discuss one of the servants though, or for bit more, my good for nothing cousin.

Not sure if it really helps to advertise something you'd wish to sell as "good for nothing"...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it really helps to advertise something you'd wish to sell as "good for nothing"...

He's good for nothing to me and the family, but I'm sure he'll be an exceptional test- ahem, guest.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's good for nothing to me and the family, but I'm sure he'll be an exceptional test- ahem, guest.

Hey @Lugaldu , sera, what do you think is a good price for a worthless Hlaalu?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Lugaldu , sera, what do you think is a good price for a worthless Hlaalu?

Oh, we should teach him first that he is useful! That will add immensely to the value.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What even IS this thread OMG.

On the topic of the dog, I agree I can't STAND the numerous dog pets that have this horrid issue, it's uncomfortable to look at. Even if it just had a few teeth, it'd help.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, I've been away for a while; I had very, very important affairs. You probably know that. So... he's worth more than 5 gold, you said... How about... 6?
    coop500 wrote: »
    What even IS this thread OMG.

It's Great House Telvanni trying to find a cure for the horrifying disease that makes dogs' and n'wah's tongue and teeth fall off. If no one shows any gratitude for that, I can as well get back to more important matters than n'wah and their n'wah pets. Like ordering my servant to brew me another pot of tea. Or my hobbyist Vvardvark kennel (at least they've got tongues!).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Merina
    Merina
    ✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    What even IS this thread OMG..

I have no idea anymore. Like a parent watching its child grow up, I have to accept that it's taken on a life of its own

Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Merina wrote: »
    I have no idea anymore. Like a parent watching its child grow up, I have to accept that it's taken on a life of its own

But you can be a proud parent because it's going to be outstanding. We will reveal all mysteries and besides...
    find a cure for the horrifying disease that makes dogs' and n'wah's tongue and teeth fall off.

Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (On a more serious note, that dog, for whatever reason, never had a tongue or teeth:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/bravil-retriever/
    So it's not a new bug or something.
    I find it extremely uncanny and would agree that it might be a good idea for ZOS to fix that).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    (On a more serious note, that dog, for whatever reason, never had a tongue or teeth:
    I find it extremely uncanny and would agree that it might be a good idea for ZOS to fix that).

Yeah same! There has been events where they have gone back and touched up old content in the form of locations & NPC's but I'm not sure if they ever have done so for Pets/Mounts before.

Anyone aware if they have ever done that?
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, I've been away for a while; I had very, very important affairs. You probably know that. So... he's worth more than 5 gold, you said... How about... 6?

Of course. This is just a minor trade, so important business always comes first. As my dear mother says: "Business comes first, and family is business". She mostly uses it as a threat, like to my cousin. So if you would increase that to 11, I can be generous and send a servant along with him.
    Vehlir wrote: »

Yeah same! There has been events where they have gone back and touched up old content in the form of locations & NPC's but I'm not sure if they ever have done so for Pets/Mounts before.

And to be a bit more serious aswell. No. Because of complaints to changes they have done before, ZoS doesn't make changes to things that have gone live, unless they cause issues.
    The dog is an old pet, and many old pets and mounts have some..oddities. I mean, just look at the damn horses.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 25, 2021 1:49AM
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course. This is just a minor trade, so important business always comes first. As my dear mother says: "Business comes first, and family is business". She mostly uses it as a threat, like to my cousin. So if you would increase that to 11, I can be generous and send a servant along with him.
    Vehlir wrote: »

And to be a bit more serious aswell. No. Because of complaints to changes they have done before, ZoS doesn't make changes to things that have gone live, unless they cause issues.
    The dog is an old pet, and many old pets and mounts have some..oddities. I mean, just look at the damn horses.

God, the horses. Yes, yes, the anatomy is some non-Euclidean geometry, we all know, but no one talks about the horrifying Lisa Frank eyes the original horses had.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uh, the horses ... I feel sick every time I see them. Remind me of some grotesque historical paintings.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uh, the horses ... I feel sick every time I see them. Remind me of some grotesque historical paintings.

You made it sound cool :D
    Options