The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Burning Light Scaling Bug

WrathOfInnos
WrathOfInnos
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This damage of Burning Light procs is not affected by the Ancient Knowledge passive in Destruction Staff. It should get an 8% increase when using an Inferno Staff (as single-target damage), but is currently dealing the same damage with Frost, Lightning or Inferno staff.
Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 21, 2021 6:07PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also doesn’t do what its tooltip says.

I repeatedly see 11 hits in a row from Jabs without it proccing. It seems to be four hits *to the same target* before it procs, and it chooses which target that is.

This passive is in serious need of bugfixes.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I repeatedly see 11 hits in a row from Jabs without it proccing. It seems to be four hits *to the same target* before it procs, and it chooses which target that is.

@virtus753 It has some strange behavior when used against multiple targets. I did some testing on that here, but hard to say if it's working as intended. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/561570/templar-burning-light-in-aoe#latest

The fact it's unaffected by Ancient Knowledge is definitely a bug.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@virtus753 It has some strange behavior when used against multiple targets. I did some testing on that here, but hard to say if it's working as intended. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/561570/templar-burning-light-in-aoe#latest

Thanks for the link. It’s definitely against multiple targets that I see this issue.

The problem is that the tooltip is very clear while the behavior of the skill clearly does not match. They need to fix one or the other.

I hope they get around to these problems sooner rather than later.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link. It’s definitely against multiple targets that I see this issue.

The problem is that the tooltip is very clear while the behavior of the skill clearly does not match. They need to fix one or the other.

The issue against multiple targets is that, for example, it's hitting 3 times on one and the 4th time is on the other.

As for a fix: Update 29 - Time for BL proc going from 4 hits in 1.1 seconds to 4 hits in 3.5 seconds
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »

The issue against multiple targets is that, for example, it's hitting 3 times on one and the 4th time is on the other.

As for a fix: Update 29 - Time for BL proc going from 4 hits in 1.1 seconds to 4 hits in 3.5 seconds

Yes, the multiple targets seem to be the issue. But this is a problem because the tooltip is target-agnostic: the condition as stated is “when you deal damage” — not “when you deal damage to the same target.” That would be a very different story and accord with what we see. If that’s what they mean, they need to say so. Explanatory text must explain, not leave readers to guess at filling in gaps in ways that may or may not accord with the developers’ intentions. The fact that we as players can’t say for sure whether the skill is working as intended (at least not without making assumptions that may or may not be valid) shows there is a problem with either the skill or the tooltip, because they are not consistent with each other.

The adjustment in U29 allows us to space out the instances of damage over a longer period of time, which will allow BL to be procced more often by players who don’t use jabs/sweeps or can’t land them (e.g. on moving targets or guards in Cyro, who seem somehow immune to the last three hits most of the time). It should have no impact on either WrathofInnos’ point about Ancient Knowledge or mine about the passive not proccing as advertised after the fourth instance of damage full stop.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another passive that was working fine and got wrecked to the point that it is almost unusable.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr