The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Hey ZOS, how about remove the CP# from the Char headplate

Tigertron
Tigertron
✭✭✭✭
Instead make it an achievement title that is optional. like the PvP titles.

That way no one can CP shame anyone. No one will feel pressured to "grind" their CP so they can have if flopping around and everyone looking at their HUGE CP.

Lets keep it private and only show it off if you want to brag.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »

That way no one can CP shame anyone. No one will feel pressured to "grind" their CP so they can have if flopping around and everyone looking at their HUGE CP.

I'd rather continue to know if the player I have just been put into a Vet DLC dungeon with has 300 CP or 1500 CP. One of those means the player is more likely to understand the game and the dungeon and the other means that it is likely going to be a slog.

Especially now that getting to the Vet DLC dungeon CP unlock will be far easier than on live.

Obviously CP level is not a guarantee of player skill. But it is far far far more likely that a CP 1000+ player is more experienced and skilled than a CP 300 player.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »

Agreed. I don't need to know (or want to know) anything other than if they're CP 160 - and even then, only if the plan is to trade gear on a group content run. Being judged by a number that can be obtained through many different ways of playing the game is a recipe for disappointment, at best.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errrr.... PvP rank is displayed by the chevron next to their character, regardless of what title they are sporting.

They may call themselves "Volunteer", but you can always spot the Grand Overlords.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, especially since CP can be gained from all sorts of different activities. I jokingly call my CP “crafting points” because I feel at >CP750 I should be better at all things combat than I am! :sweat_smile: It’s true that PvP rather is displayed with an icon regardless if title, but that is earned only through PvP so it is more likely to be indicative of some level of knowledge and experience.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 22, 2021 9:40PM
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, will people leave random groups when they see sub 1800 cp, like now when they see sub 810?
    Options
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never kicked a player because of low CP or level. I kick people or leave when they are faking their role, pulling in Vet-DLC-Dungeons or are just too rude. And by rude I do not mean "You play [snip]". I mean really rude.

The almost pathological fear of being judged for whatever, is annoying as hell. There are streamers, that are turning off their CMX cause they are afraid that someone could tell them how to improve. Besides that, there are more than enough players with CP1000+, that play complete trash, while CP200 players are doing well. But the CP200 is limited, technically.

Yesterday a CP169 healer said hello and his first statement was "my first vet dungeon, bare with me". That information helped me as a tank, so did his CP. I can adjust my playststyle, bring another healskill to support the healer in critical situations. All went fine and he did a brilliant job as a healer and supporter. So his first vet dungeon was his first trifecta too.

So, you don't want people being judged? Or shamed?
    They will be, if I can't see the CP, I'm going to treat everyone like a 3K+ player then.
    And players who are really toxic won't change their behaviour, they just find other excuses.

[Profanity removed from post]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2021 9:16PM
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are already addons to snoop people's actual CP now, even though it has no relevance. People will still find a way to do it if they hide it from their nameplate.
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I care about is 160cp, so you can trade good gear drops. 😀
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    All I care about is 160cp, so you can trade good gear drops. 😀

And with the sticker book system, that's not even that important anymore, because you can trade a level 10 item and reconstruct it at CP 160. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres nothing to brag about your cp. It only shows how long you have been playing or grinding. It doesn't represent players skill. Dungeons are full of Alikir's 810cp dolmen warriors who hit 5k and dont know mechs. And in next dungeon you can see cp300 pulling impressive numbers and carrying the group. It's even more true next patch because cp adds even less power. Cp3600 grinder can be easily out dps by cp100 who has basic rotation. No wonder some people wanna now hide their cp lol.
    Options
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t usually kick players. But when I do kick them it’s because:

- They repeatedly stand in stupid
    - They don’t have enough damage for for bosses that require a minimum threshold (vBC2 final for example)
    - They refuse to get on mic
    - They refuse to listen to advice
    - They’re toxic
    - They’re actively against learning what they’re doing incorrect
    - They pull agro before the tank
    - They literally don’t help with any fight and stand by as if it were a carry

I never kick for CP. I’ve seen low CPs get through a lot. The cap raise won’t increase bias against lower players, only their ineptitude will do that.
    Options
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these replies have already establish a predestined to conduct themselves with an approach against other players, and guildmates, with a sense of discrimination; IF their not able to "prove" their CP level.

That's a pity when new players or low CP players in 2.0 system will be ousted from guild activities purely because they don't measure up. I certainly would have no regrets abandoning a guild that leads themselves with this disposition.

I agree with the OP request to keep their CP non-public or atleast replace it will obtuse chevron like PVP uses to show rank status.
    Edited by Sahidom on February 23, 2021 1:20AM
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can already see player's actual CP with an add-on. This changes nothing.

Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

And their class to if I recall correctly. This request is futile as long as add-ons exist as I've even had people know what gear I picked up.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We also have eso logs so leeches in trials have been exposed for some time. Hiding cp is pointless. Just l2p and no one will kick you or judge you.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »

And their class to if I recall correctly. This request is futile as long as add-ons exist as I've even had people know what gear I picked up.

Class is visible in the group menu, as is level.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options