The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you stop bringing the servers down during the day?

rcrandall85
rcrandall85
✭✭✭
You are destroying my ability to play this game. The only time I have in a day to play this game is from 8 am to 2 pm and then from 12am to 2 am at the latest. That makes for an abnormally high number of days, 2 just this week, that game time I am entitled to has been taken away from me. Take the servers down at 3 am. I play this way because I have an afternoon shift I work Mon- Fri AND because the population in world is so slim at this time. Gives you a much less crowded gameplay experience. Much more LIKE an ES game. I get up in the morning, have my tea and check on my research.

If this isn't possible at least give the option to play on those backup servers that were supposed to be around at launch if this is actually your slimmest traffic period of the day. Frankly if you're doing this just so devs can have a normal work day I cry foul. You want 15 bucks a months from me, and 10s of thousands of other players, your sleep patterns go out of whack. Not my problem. I'm being deprived of game time I have paid for - unacceptable.

Edited by rcrandall85 on April 18, 2014 1:53PM
With Steel and Stone,
Blood and Bone.
We safeguard this Land,
Our Heart and Home.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL u are asking for the impossible, its a world game, soooooo its day for somewhere, problem is you can't fix stupid :)
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly if you're doing this just so devs can have a normal work day I cry foul.

This is precisely why they are doing it at this time.

I used to work at a bank, and we always did out maintenance/upgrades at 2-3AM in order to to have minimal impact. Guess ZOS doesn't give a crap about minimal impact to it's clients, just their sleep cycles.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    It's a NORTH AMERICAN server. Govern it by the NA times of day.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • megowego24
    megowego24
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in the same boat as you.. can only play in the morning till the afternoon at the latest if I'm lucky. And so far I've lost two days of game time because of maintenance. I know they can't please everyone because we all have our own schedules but wouldn't it make more sense to bring down the NA servers from say 2am to 6am? Just seems like that would be a much better choice ... What do I know tho, just feeling a bit cheated since this is a pay to play mmo and I've never had this problem so frequently with others after 13 years of mmo gaming.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    God forbid you actually implement a night shift. Lazy people. Join the rest of the working world and realize you don't get that luxury.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    I know, mego. And those famous, but never seen backup servers how about them? I would love to be able actually USE the infrastructure my money is paying for.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, I'll take a two day extension on my 30 days, thank you very much. In fact I'm off to gripe to an actual service rep...
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    There's really no maintenance time that would appease all. Your 3 AM proposal (assuming 3 AM Eastern) would affect:
    * West Coast players who stay up late
    * Your European counterpart who plays in the morning and works in the evening.
    * East Coast evening shift who use night as leisure and sleep during the morning.

Edit: The bolded group of people completely get messed over. And you can't tell them to change their schedule, because they'll respond to you, "Why can't you just change yours?"

Amongst other situations out there, I'm sure.

If Zenimax is in a no-win situation where a group and timezone of players will be disgruntled, they might as well make the server maintenance times convenient for themselves.
    Edited by Celless on April 18, 2014 4:09PM
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    Get a new slave job.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you people stop complaining about downtime to fix bugs. It makes you look like entitled brats.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume that most people are working during the day and play during the evenings. To me that indicates they bring it down during the best time frame for the majority of the user base.

Not only that, they likely have the most staff present during the day to be working on fixes.

It sucks that a small % of the users can't play every single day during the day, but it's better than the majority not being able to play after work.

There won't be maintenance every day all the time. They're fixing things. The same things people are whining that they aren't fixing.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Dovahkin
    Dovahkin
    you are complaining about it being at your morning time...its been our Peak time (5pm-12pm) everytime in the other side of the world. So stop complaining.
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭
    And here's day #3 since this first was posted that servers are down during a traffic period that f*cks up my ESO day. And, @Ragnar_Lodbrok‌, when you can pay 15$ a month for anything as first world as a video game for leisure, your are an entitled brat. Period. Every last one of us.
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    the answer op is no they can't. They bring them down when they are at work.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here's day #3 since this first was posted that servers are down during a traffic period that f*cks up my ESO day. And, @Ragnar_Lodbrok‌, when you can pay 15$ a month for anything as first world as a video game for leisure, your are an entitled brat. Period. Every last one of us.

Translation: Waaaaagh Im a little baby who has never played a new mmo!
  • rcrandall85
    rcrandall85
    ✭✭✭

Translation: Waaaaagh Im a little baby who has never played a new mmo!

This IS the first MMO I've ever played. I'm an avid SP ES fan. Have been for 15 years. We are the reason this MMO was made and ZOS is angering us with rediculously frequent downtime. Not smart.
    Edited by rcrandall85 on May 10, 2014 7:34PM
    With Steel and Stone,
    Blood and Bone.
    We safeguard this Land,
    Our Heart and Home.