The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn quests disappearing/repeating

Kadraeus
Kadraeus
✭✭✭✭
So, a week ago I started continuing the main quests in Craglorn. The first thing I noticed that really confused me was the fact that I'd leave the game before finishing certain quests and the next time I loaded up the game the quests would be completely gone from my journal. Honestly. I'm not 100% sure what happened here. I assumed it may have just been that I completed those individual quests and had to look around for me.

But for the main issue currently:
I got decently far into the main quest. I met the celestial mages, the thief, I saw the flashback, I killed the atronach bosses, and I rescued that one guy. I even did another quest recently where I had to work with the guy who originally has no clothes (sorry this is vague. I can't remember the characters' names).

Today I went back to Craglorn to find another quest to do. I spoke to a familiar npc outside the tavern, and it started the quest "The Shattered and the Lost." The thing is, I remember doing this exact quest a few days ago. Seeing the flashback of the serpent is what confirmed it for me. I've already seen that before and I've already talked to Valla and the other mage as well, yet they act like I've never seen them before. I only have one character, so it isn't that I switched characters or something. I checked the achievements for Craglorn and it says I didn't complete the quest. I'm so confused. I have no clue what's real anymore at this point. :o
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checking through the quest stages on UESP, it seems like I got up to the part where I spoke to Ahlora at Ogondar's Winery, but for some reason the quest completely disappeared from my journal after that. I know I never did the rest of the stages, but I have done the other concurrent quests.

I should add that I've only noticed quests disappearing for Craglorn.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kadraeus

Any issues with quests on PC / Mac can be reported through the in-game /bug command.

As a workaround, you can also try any of these steps:
    • Type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box ( at the event to possibly reset the issue).
    • Use /camp to log out, then attempt logging back in (please stay logged out of the game completely for 15 minutes for quest resetting).
    • Type /bug if none of the above work in order to report the issue to our developers.
    • As a last resort, you can try abandoning the quest and restarting it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post