The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ultimates cast times in the new CP era

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast times are the stupidest addition to this game, remove them completely.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Cast times are the stupidest addition to this game, remove them completely.

Could not agree more.

It's already hard enough to try and have a smooth combat experience in the horrendous lag. Add in the *** cast times to the mix and combat has become extremely clunky and unpredictable.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DonGodJoe wrote: »
    JayKwellen wrote: »

Regarding meteor, at least it can't be dodged. Deathstroke (and spectral bow for that matter) are both so incredibly slow that you can literally CC someone to set up a deathstroke and they can actually break free, dodgeroll, and still dodge it. It's ridiculous.

You realize that you see or get "dodged" is because of desync? .. people break free and even that i see an ability hitting the body and THEN he dodge rolls it still says "dodged" which i find stupid because the ability had already an impact on the player and THEN he rolls which shouldnt make even by desync this possible, roll dodge gives A HUGE window of survivability when it comes to abilities (apart from executes and heavy attacks, those are instant hit no matter if you roll or not)

Except it's not because of desync. Not saying desyncs aren't a problem. Its because of a cast time on incap, and the minimum travel time on bow.
    Edited by AMeanOne on February 6, 2021 6:37PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    This would be a great change. No reason to have a cast time on these when there are equal/more powerful ultimates in the game with instant casts.

dk-s leap..

Yea leap is OP. Maybe the class needs a buff as a result, but that one ultimate is ridiculously busted for PvP.

Dawnbreaker says hello
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like it... It's present in other games and makes sense from a counter play perspective. I think the issues with cast times more has to do with the ping and connection issues of the game, I mean 0.4s is practically nothing.. if they fixed that, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Whenever I cast an ultimate like Dawnbreaker and quickly realize it was a bad call, it's kind of nice being able to cancel the animation to keep my ultimate instead of wasting it.

But I mean sure.. give us back instant cast ultimates. I don't really care.

Edit: Also, I love how people claim cast times suck, yet the strongest and most used pvp stamina spammable in the game for the entire life of the game has been Dizzy Swing which has double, but has gone as far as even tripple the cast time at 1.2s and a double hit check.. (I say this, but I actually have never liked Dizzy, I just know it's the best pvp spammable).
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 6, 2021 10:50PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    birdik wrote: »
    theCampeR_ wrote: »
    This would be a great change. No reason to have a cast time on these when there are equal/more powerful ultimates in the game with instant casts.

dk-s leap..

Yea leap is OP. Maybe the class needs a buff as a result, but that one ultimate is ridiculously busted for PvP.

Same as OP, I cannot count how many times au cannot fire leap on ppl near me because of game terrible positioning and lag, or when I get stuck with my wings open and cannot do anything

me 100% of the time in pvp on my dk leap never fires off right
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax, please keep the cast time on ultimates, because i dont want to go back to instant Death in what looked like 1 hit and the death recap shows ultimate and 4 other skills all fired off instantly. so please keep the cast time on ults.
    they allways claim that the global cxooldown cant be bypassed yet theyt DO pasas it and instant kill people is not pvp, thats called PvEG "player V exploit glitches".
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    zenimax, please keep the cast time on ultimates, because i dont want to go back to instant Death in what looked like 1 hit and the death recap shows ultimate and 4 other skills all fired off instantly. so please keep the cast time on ults.
    they allways claim that the global cxooldown cant be bypassed yet theyt DO pasas it and instant kill people is not pvp, thats called PvEG "player V exploit glitches".

Thank you for the misinformation.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been explained to you multiple times in the past. Your own desire to not understand basic game mechanics doesn't mean everyone else is cheating.

If you still don't understand the concept of delayed burst (which is still possible and how classes like warden, magsorc, and necro work) or desynchs (because this game still runs terribly) that's on you, but please stop spreading your misinformation.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh no.. you've lost all credibility.. :sweat_smile:

GCD is hard coded server side, it is impossible to bypass. There is no way to exploit it unless you count lag as an exploit and that plauges every player of this game.

Aside from some known desynchs like Snipe and Overload previously, people generally don't have anything to exploit.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 7, 2021 1:59AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just no
  • sweatapodimas
    sweatapodimas
    ✭✭✭
    Guess those of us that enjoy smooth gameplay aren't loud enough to drown out the masses that come on here and complain constantly about having to actually pay attention to pvp cambat lol.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa