The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nerf.Blocks.Already.

• mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Yes I agree something needs to be done with blocking. Unfortunately this seems like one of those scenarios where it would indirectly hurt the PvE tanks which would make all the PvE players start crying. But it is a problem that tanks in PvP can just block with little to no penalty.

"Battlespirit: Blocking costs 50% more in PvP areas"

Easy fix.

I'd rather it added a fatigue, like dodge roll cost increase. Doubles in cost for every two seconds or something.

Flat cost increase would also hurt players that use block at the right times.

And yeh, add it to battle spirit, that's fine.

The cost increase should only apply to direct damage blocked, wouldnt be fair to be punished when blocking at the right time because a dot ticked on you for like 100 damage or something silly like that.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just dropping by to say that PVP and PVE should be balanced entirely separately.

please continue...
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To many vampire clouds this patch, so i use more oblivion damage. Try the same, or some unblockable damage as example, like dots ?
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »
    Mb most of ppl enjoy killin 40k bunker guy standing perma blocks for eternal and using healings skills for ages, but i m not.

Using skills in block is a separate topic for conversation ( it silly ). Just imagine blocking guy who cant heal - sweet

My suggestion - make block's stamina cost after each succesful block 50- 100% higher ( evades have same mech ).

I always stick to using "no block tanks" but I still think this isn't a good idea. Doesn't matter how much or long a tank can block I just use an unblockable CC then an ultimate. That almost always works and the few times it doesn't I just ignore them because blocking is literally all they can do.

Also this would be incredibly unfair to pve tanks.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking; in PvP varies greatly CP vs no CP.

My build cannot block for great lengths of time in a BG; that same build can permablock in CP.

But much will be moot once the changes occur; i hear tell that no CP is gonna be very popular unless more changes come
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds