The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nerf.Blocks.Already.

birdik
birdik
✭✭✭
Mb most of ppl enjoy killin 40k bunker guy standing perma blocks for eternal and using healings skills for ages, but i m not.

Using skills in block is a separate topic for conversation ( it silly ). Just imagine blocking guy who cant heal - sweet

My suggestion - make block's stamina cost after each succesful block 50- 100% higher ( evades have same mech ).

• baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree something needs to be done with blocking. Unfortunately this seems like one of those scenarios where it would indirectly hurt the PvE tanks which would make all the PvE players start crying. But it is a problem that tanks in PvP can just block with little to no penalty.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree something needs to be done with blocking. Unfortunately this seems like one of those scenarios where it would indirectly hurt the PvE tanks which would make all the PvE players start crying. But it is a problem that tanks in PvP can just block with little to no penalty.

"Battlespirit: Blocking costs 50% more in PvP areas"

Easy fix.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually not blocking that's the issue but sets healing and damaging while they block and reduce cost ir provide resources while blocking

If you increase the cost, you just hurt people who quickly just block a big hit more than the perma blocker
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Usually not blocking that's the issue but sets healing and damaging while they block and reduce cost ir provide resources while blocking

If you increase the cost, you just hurt people who quickly just block a big hit more than the perma blocker

Doesn't necessarily need to be a flat percent increase, but an increasing cost seems more appropriate, the goal is to punish and penalize the people that abuse and hold block, not the ones that quick use it as an animation cancel
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fear, or ignore them.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doesn't necessarily need to be a flat percent increase, but an increasing cost seems more appropriate, the goal is to punish and penalize the people that abuse and hold block, not the ones that quick use it as an animation cancel

Why do you even care? The clown standing there holding block is doing absolutely nothing and has near zero damage output unless you are dumb enough to stand in his proc. The rest of us however, who block to mitigate ulti's, bombs and zerg rushes, would be completely penalized by this.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Why do you even care? The clown standing there holding block is doing absolutely nothing and has near zero damage output unless you are dumb enough to stand in his proc. The rest of us however, who block to mitigate ulti's, bombs and zerg rushes, would be completely penalized by this.

They do have damage output, its called procs, and its free damage that they do not have to incorporate into their build at all. Cheese proc builds still abuse block a lot. I did not recommend a flat out increase in the cost of blocking, I suggested an increase in the cost the more attacks you block. You should not be able to hold right click for as long as you want with no penalty while also being able to kill people
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I said, don't stand in their proc, which is pretty easy to avoid from a guy standing still holding block. In a group I would rather have a DPS doing actual DPS, a healer who actually heals, and isn't limited to someone hitting them to proc a heal, as that is completely unreliable.

I got what you suggested, but when my group is being zerged and we are holding block, or 3 bombers in a row roll in... how many attacks can we mitigate before we just melt, I assume way less than we can currently if your suggestion was implemented, especially on low stam chars.

Using block in Cyro is highly effective if used properly, it even keeps that clown in Crimson from healing I am pretty sure, if you block through his proc.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen a lot of odd nerf requests but this one is way out there. Block is a core mechanic for all roles in both pve and pvp.
    Edited by dcmgti on January 29, 2021 9:38AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with block isn´t the cost but the amount of mitigation it provides. If anything should be touched regarding block it would be the mitigation aspect of it.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The problem with block isn´t the cost but the amount of mitigation it provides. If anything should be touched regarding block it would be the mitigation aspect of it.

Pretty much every Trial/Dungeon group would wipe constantly if block mitigated less or didn't allow you to cast/drink potions while doing it. Like was posted above, it is a basic mechanic that a large portion of the game is balanced around. Just because a small subset of players are using it in PVP to make themselves hard to kill, annoy you, but pose little to no threat... is not a reason to change anything.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone needs to block, and nerfing blocking hard enough to impact dedicated block builds wrecks other builds harder, and would actually make the build your are wanting nerfed stronger relative to you.

What you are really calling out is health and proc sets, not blocking.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    block is fine.
    It's proc that are wrecking you.
    He knows about this cheese play style and has no intention of changing it.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Blocking should only work for frontal attacks, flanking and back attacks should be unblock able.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking should only work for frontal attacks, flanking and back attacks should be unblock able.

Problem with that is, the game is always slightly desynced and can be extremely desynced at any moment in Cyrodiil to where neither you, nor your target are where you think they are.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with that is, the game is always slightly desynced and can be extremely desynced at any moment in Cyrodiil to where neither you, nor your target are where you think they are.

^ Why suddenly Nightblades spamming surprise Attack suddenly stun you when you've been starring them dead in the eyes the whole time, and Vampire's Mesmerize ability is one of the hardest to land abilities in the game due to the "The target must be looking at you" rule.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

^ Why suddenly Nightblades spamming surprise Attack suddenly stun you when you've been starring them dead in the eyes the whole time, and Vampire's Mesmerize ability is one of the hardest to land abilities in the game due to the "The target must be looking at you" rule.

LOL I was running magplar and thought "since gap closers would desync me, maybe I could run mesmerize in stead of toppling!" LMAO Yeah...no.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Knowing the absolute position of every player on the map is not "performant".
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Knowing the absolute position of every player on the map is not "performant".

Can I just know where mine is? And maybe, just maybe; the one right in front of me?
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Easy fix.

Roll dodge and break free will cost 50% more also?
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

Roll dodge and break free will cost 50% more also?

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to a higher cost of roll dodge to heavy armor users, I think right now they can roll too much, can't land a hit on tank builds sometimes.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »
    Mb most of ppl enjoy killin 40k bunker guy standing perma blocks for eternal and using healings skills for ages, but i m not.

Using skills in block is a separate topic for conversation ( it silly ). Just imagine blocking guy who cant heal - sweet

My suggestion - make block's stamina cost after each succesful block 50- 100% higher ( evades have same mech ).

Just ignore them. They will loose fun very soon...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much every Trial/Dungeon group would wipe constantly if block mitigated less or didn't allow you to cast/drink potions while doing it. Like was posted above, it is a basic mechanic that a large portion of the game is balanced around. Just because a small subset of players are using it in PVP to make themselves hard to kill, annoy you, but pose little to no threat... is not a reason to change anything.

Ohh yes the "poor" PvE tanks who doesn't need a healer or any selfish survival sets to complete the hardest 4 man content in the game (blackrose prison, and getting unchained in top of that)

When survivability of PvE tanks is so good that the healer role isn't needed, it's a sign tanks self sustain and survivability is overloaded.

And my comment whas ment as a IF ANYTHING needs a rework (didn't say it needs a rework).

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Easy fix.

I'd rather it added a fatigue, like dodge roll cost increase. Doubles in cost for every two seconds or something.

Flat cost increase would also hurt players that use block at the right times.

And yeh, add it to battle spirit, that's fine.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh yes the "poor" PvE tanks who doesn't need a healer or any selfish survival sets to complete the hardest 4 man content in the game (blackrose prison, and getting unchained in top of that)

When survivability of PvE tanks is so good that the healer role isn't needed, it's a sign tanks self sustain and survivability is overloaded.

And my comment whas ment as a IF ANYTHING needs a rework (didn't say it needs a rework).

Tell that to the best tanks in vKA HM, where they need to be guarded to survive the ridiculous incoming damage, and require the support of effectively 3 healers.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 30, 2021 1:25PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still regenerate stamina while roll dodging, breaking free. You don't regen stamina while blocking.

Yes, you can spec into block cost reduction, but as others have said, you sacrifice damage or sustain to do so. Ignore the pve tanks and especially the harbinger tanks..

Anyone who dies to harbinger kinda deserves it IMO.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    You can still regenerate stamina while roll dodging, breaking free. You don't regen stamina while blocking.

Yes, you can spec into block cost reduction, but as others have said, you sacrifice damage or sustain to do so. Ignore the pve tanks and especially the harbinger tanks..

Anyone who dies to harbinger kinda deserves it IMO.

Heavy armour, combined with things like argonian race passives plus sets offer proc flat resource regeneration, which most of these builds use don’t stack regen stats anyway.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the tanks at all, I was talking about the entire rest of the raid. You do realize that everyone has to block at some point to live through a mechanic, many times in a row in a lot of cases depending on the trial?
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While holding block u deal 50% less dmg.
    When releasing block u deal 25% less dmg for 2 seconds.

Would support zos mantra of blocking just specific hits.

Add to battle spirit done.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭

That is a very small group of the community that can do things like that. 90% of other pve tanks and dps want a healer in the group. Those types of runs also usually include people that can dps at the absolute highest levels.

Still don't see why anyone should be punished for blocking an attack.