The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Worst pvp event yet

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
At least when it comes to performance, probably the best when it comes to population but maybe thats the problem. I have never crashed so many times every day, have never had such a consistent delay on every single one of my abilities. Have never dealt with so many bugs that seem to get even worse when performance gets worse. Like getting stuck in place and not being able to move 25 times a day, or using undo and getting stuck in a wall or even just stuck in place. Not being able to cc break, although thats just performance. Getting stuck in combat for a half hour. Its so miserably unplayable. It would be so nice if you could just have fun in this game anymore.

But no CP seems to be alright, sometimes laggy, but nothing like the CP campaigns. Every single cp campaign, even IC at some points. Completely unplayable for me. Its an absolute embarrassment, and I would be ashamed if i let game performance get this bad and remain unchecked. I just dont understand how some people will say they lag but its not as bad as me. I have a 800/20 internet speed and 50 ping, if its like this for me how is it possible its not unplayable for everyone else as well. But thats only some people, most people I talk to agree its unplayable, which is probably why i come across so many small scale players i know either ball grouping or standing around leeching ticks because they cant do anything. Like i said, an embarrassment of performance.

I play on xbox, so i cant speak to how it is on ps4 or pc.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen worse lag in previous MYM events.

But I've never had less fun due to player behavior in a MYM. I expected the influx of players to make Team Orange/Green obliterating the third alliance (I haven't seen Team Purple personally, but I'm sure it's happening too), tower humpers, ball groups, tank/proc meta, spawn campers, and PVE objective/turn-in campers to be a bit less prevalent than they are during the rest of the year. Instead, they're even worse than normal, making the experience largely unpleasant.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think that is bad right now, you haven't played outside of MYM. Yesterday I could actually participate in a huge faction vs faction fight with easily 100 people involved and guess what the game didn't die like it would normally as soon as you have 10 people on your screen. Of course there was delay and lag, but it was consistent, so you could adapt to it. Not like that sudden lagspikes that make you unable to cast for multiple seconds but a leveled flat delay, so you could just cast and be sure it will hit a moment later in the same order you actually used it.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    If you think that is bad right now, you haven't played outside of MYM. Yesterday I could actually participate in a huge faction vs faction fight with easily 100 people involved and guess what the game didn't die like it would normally as soon as you have 10 people on your screen. Of course there was delay and lag, but it was consistent, so you could adapt to it. Not like that sudden lagspikes that make you unable to cast for multiple seconds but a leveled flat delay, so you could just cast and be sure it will hit a moment later in the same order you actually used it.

I play on X B O X. And that doesnt even make sense. You think the game is magically performing better because there are twice as many people in pvp? Maybe on PC EU players are spread on more but here on xbox, with hour long ques, its unplayable.

Or it could be another thing. One of my friends, one of the 2 that still play this game, told me on day one of the event he wasnt lagging that bad. I laughed and asked him if he was playing him a small group, solo, or zerging in a massive group. He said he was zerging, and we figured out he was lagging pretty bad he just didnt notice it as much because he was brainlessly mashing buttons and getting healed. Some of us dont play like that, and a 5 second delay is unacceptable. And ya ive pvpd for 5 years, I know performance, at least on xbox idk about other platforms.
    Edited by eso_lags on February 1, 2021 1:05AM
    Options
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that they tend to put more resources into PvP/servers whenever Midyear Mayhem is on. There are far more players in Cyrodill when the event is on and honestly I haven't given it much attention this time round, every other Midyear Mayhem that has been held I feel like performance is actually better during the event than outside of the event (I play on PS4) I have no trouble DCing in big battles in filled campaigns outside of the event as well.
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that they tend to put more resources into PvP/servers whenever Midyear Mayhem is on. There are far more players in Cyrodill when the event is on and honestly I haven't given it much attention this time round, every other Midyear Mayhem that has been held I feel like performance is actually better during the event than outside of the event (I play on PS4) I have no trouble DCing in big battles in filled campaigns outside of the event as well.

Im really not trying to sound rude when I say this but that just makes no sense. At all. And I dont buy that idea even if it was possible. But Im not an expert, that being said I dont think they can just put resources into the servers to make things better.

Now what they do for certain is add more servers. But imo thats just adding more garbage on top of a pile of more garbage. The servers are ***. They have always been ***. Adding all the *** that they have to the game exposed how *** they actually were. On top of that, whenever a ton of players pile into one zone it also exposes how *** they are.

Now idk how it is on ps4 but on xbox everything is pop locked at prime time. Pop locked, full, servers means lag in my experience.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    click on a ladder : failed, you are already queued up for that campaign

on.. and on... and on...

sigh.

dear ZoS. at least please place the dailies downstairs for pickup, because I swear to god, I spend most of my time in IC NOT dying, NOT trying to complete dailies but trying to pick them up before making my rounds around the districts. I don't even deposit whatever tel var I got upstairs before getting killed anymore, because continuously failing to travel up, or down between sewers and city is far more annoying and more of a waste of time.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4-NA Blackreach has actually been pretty good, except for a point today during my lunchtime (Australian Eastern Standard time) where for a brief moment everyone was stuttering around on their horses.

We've had some really buttery smooth full scale battles between all three factions, though.

Shame it can't be like this for me all the time.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA they added some no cp campaigns which are always empty but I think only one cp campaign.

As always, forget queueing for my home campaign, the wait time is over one hour.

So I’m on a guest campaign with tower humping and the open melees in front of keeps with no sieging, and fighting trying to defend keeps when noobs don’t bring siege, smh.

Then I drop a couple of ballistas for myself to get the door down faster when taking a keep (because no one brings siege) and some noob camps on one and messes up my rhythm. Noob go buy your own siege, you leech!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is always laggy and buggy. Imperial city not so laggy most of the time but still buggy.
    Options
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play bg all the time, with or without events.

Its only bad when I get ctd every hour or so.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve actually got to give them credit
    PS4 NA has been actually very gd

Best performance for MYM in years

I mean I actually ended up bluescreening but that was after 6hrs? of pretty gd gameplay..
    So I have no complaints for a change...lol

Huh...now I don’t know what to do on the forums....
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean I actually ended up bluescreening but that was after 6hrs? of pretty gd gameplay..

zero credit here on xbox. its abysmal
    Options
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't done much with this MYM, did manage to play for a couple days and I agree that the lag was not as bad as last years. Last years was harrible and noticeably the worst of all. Still, some lag, delays, a couple server drops.

However I agree with the other gentleman in the room who was saying the event itself wasn't bad however the way ppl were playing was bad. To that extent, I've seen alot of ball groups running around at Keeps; unkillable; unstoppable.

Nothing can touch them really or perhaps a better way of stating it is the average player can't. That's really soured the event for me and think I'll just do writs or take a walk or something until MYM ends and things can get back to 'normal'.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

on.. and on... and on...

sigh.

dear ZoS. at least please place the dailies downstairs for pickup, because I swear to god, I spend most of my time in IC NOT dying, NOT trying to complete dailies but trying to pick them up before making my rounds around the districts. I don't even deposit whatever tel var I got upstairs before getting killed anymore, because continuously failing to travel up, or down between sewers and city is far more annoying and more of a waste of time.
    This, and weirder it tend to happen then I'm solo on an alt in the morning to do some spare quests in case I'm not doing IC that day. Not during prime time with pop lock with an large groups.

Outside of this I had no issues, that is outside of getting killed :)
    Edited by zaria on February 2, 2021 4:25PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't crashing it ain't ZOS.

I'm frankly surprised that I haven't crashed more in pop locked IC.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems like they did not do anything this event to improve server performance as they have done in the past.

Disconnects, lag, rubber banding, spiking, etc. are off the charts this event.

This is 8am EST too, which is as off peak time play as possible. There is no que even during the event during this time slot, but performance is in the tank anyway.
    Options
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA is bad too, I can only do battlegrounds.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will actually say that PC/NA Gray Host is better than I have seen it in the last few events. I am crashing at a higher rate than usual, maybe 1-3 times a night, but I have never had issues getting right back in.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't just when picking up the dailies. If you get killed while trying to complete a daily, chances are you'll be revived atop the safe platform in some other district, which means you must go back down to your base in the sewers and go back up to the district you want to be in. I've often wished we could select our base as the location we want to revive in, so we can at least reduce the "already queued" message to just once (going up) instead of twice (going down and going up).
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on February 2, 2021 5:19PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    At least when it comes to performance, probably the best when it comes to population but maybe thats the problem. I have never crashed so many times every day, have never had such a consistent delay on every single one of my abilities. Have never dealt with so many bugs that seem to get even worse when performance gets worse. Like getting stuck in place and not being able to move 25 times a day, or using undo and getting stuck in a wall or even just stuck in place. Not being able to cc break, although thats just performance. Getting stuck in combat for a half hour. Its so miserably unplayable. It would be so nice if you could just have fun in this game anymore.

But no CP seems to be alright, sometimes laggy, but nothing like the CP campaigns. Every single cp campaign, even IC at some points. Completely unplayable for me. Its an absolute embarrassment, and I would be ashamed if i let game performance get this bad and remain unchecked. I just dont understand how some people will say they lag but its not as bad as me. I have a 800/20 internet speed and 50 ping, if its like this for me how is it possible its not unplayable for everyone else as well. But thats only some people, most people I talk to agree its unplayable, which is probably why i come across so many small scale players i know either ball grouping or standing around leeching ticks because they cant do anything. Like i said, an embarrassment of performance.

It's a great event if you like running around looking like an idiot trying to cast skills that won't while getting mowed over. If not then the 100+ queue during prime time might do it.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long queues for Cyrodiil (PS4 NA) as usual but BG's are still a blast (minimal bugs so far). This years MYM does feel a little weird for some reason idk if its all the upcoming new things on the horizon or what...
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    It seems like they did not do anything this event to improve server performance as they have done in the past.

Disconnects, lag, rubber banding, spiking, etc. are off the charts this event.

This is 8am EST too, which is as off peak time play as possible. There is no que even during the event during this time slot, but performance is in the tank anyway.
    They added more campaigns but probably not enough because people play much more this year.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

It isn't just when picking up the dailies. If you get killed while trying to complete a daily, chances are you'll be revived atop the safe platform in some other district, which means you must go back down to your base in the sewers and go back up to the district you want to be in. I've often wished we could select our base as the location we want to revive in, so we can at least reduce the "already queued" message to just once (going up) instead of twice (going down and going up).

yep. have experienced it as well and mentioned it in my post
    continuously failing to travel up, or down between sewers and city

its why I just ride through districts and don't even bother going down to deposit my tel var, let alone travel to district I want via ladder.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Options
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I think its time to upgrade your potato computers ... I haven't had any problem so far.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    Guys I think its time to upgrade your potato computers ... I haven't had any problem so far.

lucky you. my computer is definitely NOT a potato. I may be one, but my system is not. I also currently have the best internet connection money can buy in my area (1gig download, 40mbps upload). the issue is somewhere on ZoS side
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zero credit here on xbox. its abysmal

Irony of ironies...

Yup...Servers have crap’d the bed on PS4 NA this week aswell... so whatever zos was doing for beginning of MYM for us...they stop’d. My guess Overclocked the Servers but they can’t maintain it... the difference is to extreme to be just coincidence. Something definitely changed Monday. Can’t stay connected get booted and end up having to re’Q to get back in...it’s a joke
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they just changed Dizzying Swing to a 4 second cast time. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VteNtb-Img
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite is the queue getting frozen at some random point and forcing you to start all over again.
    Had a guildie get stuck at 1 yesterday after waiting an hour in queue and he just rage quit.

But we get outright ignored when we ask about it on here.
    All they care about is their money.
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lucky you. my computer is definitely NOT a potato. I may be one, but my system is not. I also currently have the best internet connection money can buy in my area (1gig download, 40mbps upload). the issue is somewhere on ZoS side

Same. Hardwired connection, fiber, 1gig speed

ESO is the only game with these issues, that I play.

It is hardly ever client side with ESO.
    People who say they never have issues are either dead time casuals who never set foot into endgame during peak or they're lying.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I love posts like this because i dont even have to make you look ridiculous since you do it yourself. I bet you dont even realize there are other platforms do you? Its okay though, there are always those players who come into these threads to say "im not having any problems".

Try to be more specific. like if you are solo/duo/trio i am going to value your opinon more on this because you have to play much more precise than people who are in a 50 person zerg mashing buttons. Every ability delay costs me, every snipe delay that causes my health to desync, every freeze, every skill or potion that doesnt go off, every CC break and dodge roll that is delayed or worse doesnt work. I notice it every single time, and it happens a lot.

Thats not to say I dont feel just as bad for large scale players having these problems, and i believe them when they say they do, but when its the opposite and its a large scale player saying they are not lagging then I have to ask, are you actually paying attention and playing precisely?

On another note, here on xbox there are massive server freezes today. The reason i know its the enitre server, or zone rather, is because I am fighting thirsty people when it happens and im still alive when I come out of it, and they are in the same spot too. Meaning they didnt kill me or move for the 20 seconds we were frozen. Are people going to say thats my hardware as well?

Or maybe its just xbox as a whole that is bad. Although every other game works fine.. Its almost like you shouldnt put a game on a platform if you arent willing to see things through and make sure it performs good on that platform, and if you cant it should have never been on that platform in the first place.
    Options