The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crimson, the worst idea for a set in the games history?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the issue well of people leeching themselves on mobs.
    The only choice is to let go of the player and deal with the mobs first. Unpleasant, but the only way.

Other than that, I rarely find Crimson Guard too problematic. Most wearers do not even use it properly.
    Usually, it's a useless 5 set piece because they do not even try to hit with it. Crimson Guard I think, is a set you actually need to build around or adjust how you approach fights. As in actually being aggressive enough with it instead of trying to line of sight or roll dodge like a monkey. Few people do. They play like they don't wear the set.

I do not care what happens to it. It's absurd in some situations, especially when used correctly. But useless in others (because the wearer makes it useless). I let ZoS be the judge.
    Edited by Dracane on January 26, 2021 4:39AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    40k health pool is your problem and not crimson. Cap health pools to 25k or something

Skills or sets which scale to outnumbered situations are used by players who play in outnumbered situations (I am guessing OP is not that type by quite a stretch ! ) which is less than 2% of the PVP population. There is close to zero impact to overall PVP nerfing sets like these.

I personally need more sets like these for my own gameplay. Its a crutch for me but not for the remaining 98% PVP'ers so idc

Most top tier PvPers refuse to run proc sets, werewolf or any set that doesn’t offer a raw stat boost as a clip of a 40k health warden 1vXing doesn’t earn any bragging rights amongst skilled 1vXers. I have played almost exclusively solo or in a 2 man for the entirety of playing ESO PvP. Solo or duo players that aren’t spamming cloak/shade or streak are a very small percentage of the PvP playerbase that can only do it with literal years of practice just to survive outnumbered let alone kill anyone. Crimson is the “survival for dummies” set, as most good PvPers can maintain enough distance and use line of sight to not have to rely on afk heal procs.

The state of the current meta is a stat based top tier PVP'er would get 1Vx'ed by a average PVP'er wearing a proc set and a high health pool. That would earn more bragging rights :p

Spamming streak / BOL / cloak is a personal playstyle preference. What matters is the level of players you can actually fight and win outnumbered. Playing stat based builds which can at best farm potatoes in this meta is pretty boring imo

Are you serious? You could not be any further from the truth with your statement.

A top tier pvp player with stat sets still will win against average players with proc sets and still will be able to 1vX. But his job got quite harder, because proc sets do damage and healing in most cases making average players deal more damage and do more healing than usual. Therefore an average player will be harder to kill and has higher damage potential. But it doesnt make up for the missing experience a high tier pvper has. Therefore a stat based build still can win over a proc build, if there is a difference in skill level. If you got two average players, the one with stat sets and one with procs, probably the one with procs will win though. But i have never seen an experienced player getting Xed by an average player just because of procs.

On the other hand this meta pushed 1vXers quite into the direction of getting more health and proc damage, which allows them to withstand the current proc damage thrown around while maintaining some damage. I have seen quite some high tier players with tank sets and 2 procs like vate destro plus zaan for complimenting their damage. They have base spelldamage and base max magicka (on magchars), but malacath and those two procs allow them to take out noobs and average players. Meanwhile those builds will not have the killing power for decent players. Those builds are focussed on survival and enough damage to kill most of the noob and average players.

Also most people actually do not like the proc set meta and rather want to get back to stat sets. If you think they are boring, you probably belong to the people enjoying proc sets, because you finally deal some damage against 1vXers and dont get immeditally stomped by them.

People want to return to stat based builds, because they at least show, who can play and who can not rather than having procs do their work and making their 1vX job harder than it should be.

I have seen builds with 50% of their dps coming from procs. Those sets doubled the amount of damage of what that player would have been capable of. I have seen players stacking procs, pets and health, thinking they are good, because they wouldnt die easely and have some decent damage. You sound like one of those guys finally being a bit relevant because you dont die instantly and stuff.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    40k health pool is your problem and not crimson. Cap health pools to 25k or something

Skills or sets which scale to outnumbered situations are used by players who play in outnumbered situations (I am guessing OP is not that type by quite a stretch ! ) which is less than 2% of the PVP population. There is close to zero impact to overall PVP nerfing sets like these.

I personally need more sets like these for my own gameplay. Its a crutch for me but not for the remaining 98% PVP'ers so idc

Most top tier PvPers refuse to run proc sets, werewolf or any set that doesn’t offer a raw stat boost as a clip of a 40k health warden 1vXing doesn’t earn any bragging rights amongst skilled 1vXers. I have played almost exclusively solo or in a 2 man for the entirety of playing ESO PvP. Solo or duo players that aren’t spamming cloak/shade or streak are a very small percentage of the PvP playerbase that can only do it with literal years of practice just to survive outnumbered let alone kill anyone. Crimson is the “survival for dummies” set, as most good PvPers can maintain enough distance and use line of sight to not have to rely on afk heal procs.

The state of the current meta is a stat based top tier PVP'er would get 1Vx'ed by a average PVP'er wearing a proc set and a high health pool. That would earn more bragging rights :p

Spamming streak / BOL / cloak is a personal playstyle preference. What matters is the level of players you can actually fight and win outnumbered. Playing stat based builds which can at best farm potatoes in this meta is pretty boring imo

Are you serious? You could not be any further from the truth with your statement.

A top tier pvp player with stat sets still will win against average players with proc sets and still will be able to 1vX. But his job got quite harder, because proc sets do damage and healing in most cases making average players deal more damage and do more healing than usual. Therefore an average player will be harder to kill and has higher damage potential. But it doesnt make up for the missing experience a high tier pvper has. Therefore a stat based build still can win over a proc build, if there is a difference in skill level. If you got two average players, the one with stat sets and one with procs, probably the one with procs will win though. But i have never seen an experienced player getting Xed by an average player just because of procs.

On the other hand this meta pushed 1vXers quite into the direction of getting more health and proc damage, which allows them to withstand the current proc damage thrown around while maintaining some damage. I have seen quite some high tier players with tank sets and 2 procs like vate destro plus zaan for complimenting their damage. They have base spelldamage and base max magicka (on magchars), but malacath and those two procs allow them to take out noobs and average players. Meanwhile those builds will not have the killing power for decent players. Those builds are focussed on survival and enough damage to kill most of the noob and average players.

Also most people actually do not like the proc set meta and rather want to get back to stat sets. If you think they are boring, you probably belong to the people enjoying proc sets, because you finally deal some damage against 1vXers and dont get immeditally stomped by them.

People want to return to stat based builds, because they at least show, who can play and who can not rather than having procs do their work and making their 1vX job harder than it should be.

I have seen builds with 50% of their dps coming from procs. Those sets doubled the amount of damage of what that player would have been capable of. I have seen players stacking procs, pets and health, thinking they are good, because they wouldnt die easely and have some decent damage. You sound like one of those guys finally being a bit relevant because you dont die instantly and stuff.

you don't have such statistics, do you? how many people want to go back to the old meta? this is just your subjective opinion. you shouldn't pass it off as true
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »

you don't have such statistics, do you? how many people want to go back to the old meta? this is just your subjective opinion. you shouldn't pass it off as true

I didnt speak for myself there. But pls, just go ask around. There were several polls on the forum clearly showing that most people dislike the proc meta. Or go on any larger pvp discord and ask and people will tell you the same.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are having problems killing people in Crimson, you probably need to step out of your zerg and try to play solo and improve.

Honestly. It is a 4-5k heal, assuming you are 1v1. Every 8 seconds.

It is not an “from empty to full HP” unless your are Xv1 someone, in which case it is totally fair game if you are not able to step out of the hugely telegraphed AOE.

Crimson is fine. Combining heal and damage and AOE may be a little too much.

But the healing amount is absurdly overestimated and hyperboled by everyone.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    If you are having problems killing people in Crimson, you probably need to step out of your zerg and try to play solo and improve.

Honestly. It is a 4-5k heal, assuming you are 1v1. Every 8 seconds.

It is not an “from empty to full HP” unless your are Xv1 someone, in which case it is totally fair game if you are not able to step out of the hugely telegraphed AOE.

Crimson is fine. Combining heal and damage and AOE may be a little too much.

But the healing amount is absurdly overestimated and hyperboled by everyone.

Pretty much agree here. It's one of, if not the most, telegraphed proc in the game. It's also blockable. A crimson user gets a baby heal if people block it.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry you have't see the worse yet !
    A lot of the people who ruin Cyrodiil have used Leeching for long time.
    The difference from Leeching to crimson are not so big.
    This set are probely maked so the battles in pvp are so boring so even more people leave.
    Anyway you dont need to be worry you have still not see the worse Zenimax provide yet.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like creativity to me. I look through the gear sets often and theory craft some interesting builds. Some do damage, some don't and many self heal. I have fun with all the gear sets available.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I didnt speak for myself there. But pls, just go ask around. There were several polls on the forum clearly showing that most people dislike the proc meta. Or go on any larger pvp discord and ask and people will tell you the same.

I'm a cynical. I don't think the forums represent the majority player base at all, and pvp is a niche inside of that. I do think that ZOS probably has numbers showing players love the proc sets, and so they have kept on upgrading old ones and releasing new ones for at least three releases now. Besides there is only so much variety you can get from mixing the stat lines in sets.

It is kind of like housing. I don't get it, but a large population must love it based on the amount of housing content ZOS releases.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought the original sload set was the worst set ever. It made me want to throw my computer away. I did quit 2 subs when that set was released. That set saved me around 30 dollars a month since mid 2018.

Edited by vamp_emily on January 26, 2021 5:30PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience the only people who complain about this set are people who like to outnumber their opponent.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    In my experience the only people who complain about this set are people who like to outnumber their opponent.

Lol as zergs are loaded with people with proc sets just jumping up and down and hiking block, or spamming gap closers, ele drain, and poison injection or bombard. Seems legit.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wasn't around in the old days, just came back 2 years ago. But the more I got into PVP the more I enjoyed it. However, all the proc set builds and gimmicky BS, I tossed it out the window and restarted with a stat based build. The way I look at it, it was the only way I was going to get better at PVP. Proc sets are a crutch and I am having more fun than ever, and am pretty sure I have gotten a lot better at it.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you hear complaints about this set from people who zerg others down unless you are in a group or play with people who zerg people down? Sounds more like a large group player trying to front as a small scaler
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you hear complaints about this set from people who zerg others down unless you are in a group or play with people who zerg people down? Sounds more like a large group player trying to front as a small scaler

Because they say so in zone chat or they make forum posts
    Edited by ThePedge on January 27, 2021 12:31PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry bud, I'm solo 100% of the time
    Edit. Actually I lied, I was in a duo like 3 months ago :o
    Edited by AMeanOne on January 27, 2021 7:28PM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is crap in 1 vs 1 situations imo. It's gold when i fight solo against a group on my warden. It's kind of ridiculous, but still gold. They put it in the game, you can't blame players for using it.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crimson is not effective while zerging. I am against proc sets which help zerging which is like majority of the procs out there
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crimson is not effective while zerging. I am against proc sets which help zerging which is like majority of the procs out there

Zerg vs zerg would account for well over 90% of cyrodil fighting in popular campaigns, gap closing or sprinting straight in to the zerg has never been more forgiving with this set
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Zerg vs zerg would account for well over 90% of cyrodil fighting in popular campaigns, gap closing or sprinting straight in to the zerg has never been more forgiving with this set

Running straight into a group with a clue though, is entirely unforgiving for them. We must have laughed at about 50 WW's or others wearing Crimson today... who lasted about 3 seconds charging into our group of 10 think their "meta" build would protect them. Was actually quite comical.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure why you would wear crimson for zerg vs zerg. Probably better sets out there. I am least bothered with that form of PVP anyway.

Why would you nerf the set for solo PVP'ers which are like < 1% of PVP population would wear crimson. Unless you are some salty small scaler who usually zerg down solo players (probably most small scalers these days ..) with their group I am not sure why you would want to nerf this set.

Although its recently come to my attention that a lot of small scalers are getting 1vx'ed by solo players due to this set :D
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 30, 2021 1:41AM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell me did you guys lost a fight 1v1 against somebody using crimson or a WW?

No, of course not.

So why complain so much about this guys. They don't kill nobody.
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on January 30, 2021 8:38PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, of course not.

The wardens that wear it have more than enough damage to kill people, coupling it with malacath and balorgh.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, of course not.

The wardens that wear it have more than enough damage to kill people, coupling it with malacath and balorgh.

Wardens don't "need" to wear Crimson to destroy you, it was probably a lazy warden, or his regular armor was off being cleaned or mended and it was all he had left to wear. ;)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just fought two top players in non-CP IC with my honest jab-jab stamplar. I've seen and fought them lots of times in non-CP Cyrodiil, and usually just run now because I know I can't take them. This time I was really surprised when I saw them in my death recap - the fight wasn't nearly as one-sided, but we were outnumbered and I eventually ran out of resources.
    Turns out they jumped the meta wagon as well, lots of procs, including Crimson, in that death recap.

What I'm saying is, I know these people would actually be doing much better without proc sets against people on my level, but it seems to be "safe" enough that in the end, it seems to be worth it.

I think if non-health-based heals hadn't been gutted so much, I could have outhealed their proc dmg for the most part.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.