The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two things I feel should be adjusted, Harbinger and Escapist Poisons.

dcmgti
dcmgti
✭✭✭
I feel like Harbinger is definitely a set that needs to be looked at. Maybe range attacks should work against Harbinger? Or maybe the proc condition should be "within X meters"?

Also the escapist poisons are pretty broken when you can immobilize someone 15+ meters away with a light attack only. With with cc break rarely working and cc immunity rarely working these poisons are a problem. Should they only proc in melee range? Seems like to effectively immobilize someone at a far distance you would need to actually use an ability, not a light attack with a staff or bow.

There are of course several things that need to be addressed but I feel like these two are overlooked right now. Just a couple things I don't see brought up often.

Any thoughts?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thews is very much discussed. They just went off the front pages this week.

The poisons are less discussed, but with access to RAT and Mist form, there's no reason to he stuck in roots
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcmgti wrote: »
    I feel like Harbinger is definitely a set that needs to be looked at. Maybe range attacks should work against Harbinger? Or maybe the proc condition should be "within X meters"?

Also the escapist poisons are pretty broken when you can immobilize someone 15+ meters away with a light attack only. With with cc break rarely working and cc immunity rarely working these poisons are a problem. Should they only proc in melee range? Seems like to effectively immobilize someone at a far distance you would need to actually use an ability, not a light attack with a staff or bow.

There are of course several things that need to be addressed but I feel like these two are overlooked right now. Just a couple things I don't see brought up often.

Any thoughts?

Ranged attacks do proc harbinger. Escapist poisons are fine imo, makes dealing with people who are faster and have longer range then you, the wannabe legolas players, easier. Also makes mag/melee chars less kitable. The poisons are 20% proc chance with a 10 second cooldown also, not a huge deal with all the root/snare removal thats in the game now.
    Edited by Akinos on January 30, 2021 6:13AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poisons are less discussed, but with access to RAT and Mist form, there's no reason to he stuck in roots
    Maybe that's true for XBox-NA, but there are some people on PC-NA that spam Bombard like it's part of their religion. Unless you're going to use RAT literally every other GCD, or run one of the "Perma Mist Form" builds, you're going to be non-stop rooted against certain players/teams. It's completely ridiculous, and has been for multiple years.

That said, IMO those poisons are generally just more of an annoyance than they are a major balancing problem. The issue with roots mostly comes down to certain abilities allowing them to be entirely too spammable. 'Course, Bombard itself also overpowered in other ways; comparable damage to single target Magicka-based spammables, hits through dodge roll and cloak, isn't subject to being body blocked by other players or pets, and can trigger numerous different proc sets.