The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is your opinion about weapon changes according to changes in PTS?

Scardan
Scardan
✭✭✭✭✭
As archer pve necro, I am disappointed. They are nerfing snipe, by making it less damaging by whole 21%, holy moly. Hawk Eye passive will still make this ability hit hard. Buuut, I still might convert myself into melee/bow build.

Two handed weapons: I am not happy with their rework of Heavy Weapons passive, because it seems to me that you have to wield axe as crit build now and most axes in this game are oversized, "tacticool", to much fantasy and therefore subjective ugly compared to real battle axes with their esthetic pleasing proportions. Applies to some swords as well.

What do you think about it?

Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    As archer pve necro, I am disappointed. They are nerfing snipe, by making it less damaging by whole 21%, holy moly. Hawk Eye passive will still make this ability hit hard. Buuut, I still might convert myself into melee/bow build.

Two handed weapons: I am not happy with their rework of Heavy Weapons passive, because it seems to me that you have to wield axe as crit build now and most axes in this game are oversized, "tacticool", to much fantasy and therefore subjective ugly compared to real battle axes with their esthetic pleasing proportions. Applies to some swords as well.

Im honestly just waiting for the nerf to dizzy and executioner

We all know its coming. Just waiting to see how bad

As for the looks of axes, its not a big deal due to the outfit system
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruction staves can and should be touched again. It's the perfect time to adjust the frost staff and get rid of the brittlebot debacle. Brittle being applied by status effects can be made as a CP slotted bonus, same with the ice staff ancient knowledge passive and the magicka block cost. Fire staves shouldn't be the only magic damage dealing weapon people actively use in endgame boss fights
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 28, 2021 10:32AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭

I think you can make your axe look like any two hander you want so i don't really get your question here.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to swords/greatswords now providing flat spell damage, and the base increase of spell damage to 1K, I am seriously considering changing my PVE frontbar from destro to greatsword. While the damage might not be as high for light attacks, the damage buff applying to both single target and aoe skills will be nice. And for the most part, even mag dps are in melee range on a lot of fights. And with Maelstrom destro back bar still, the resource restore on heavy attack is still available. I run mag sorc, so this would mean I would need to run Crystal frags as the spammable though, not sure on that exactly, but it could be interesting.

And it certainly opens up things for PVP, where you can make use of some weapon skills, like forward momentum for snare removal and still gain a damage buff.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone_Demon wrote: »

I think you can make your axe look like any two hander you want so i don't really get your question here.

It is not immersive for me, to holding an axe and pretending that it is sword. Anyway, that does not matter much for me then them nerfing my pve spam skill xD.
    jaws343 wrote: »
    With the changes to swords/greatswords now providing flat spell damage, and the base increase of spell damage to 1K, I am seriously considering changing my PVE frontbar from destro to greatsword. While the damage might not be as high for light attacks, the damage buff applying to both single target and aoe skills will be nice. And for the most part, even mag dps are in melee range on a lot of fights. And with Maelstrom destro back bar still, the resource restore on heavy attack is still available. I run mag sorc, so this would mean I would need to run Crystal frags as the spammable though, not sure on that exactly, but it could be interesting.

And it certainly opens up things for PVP, where you can make use of some weapon skills, like forward momentum for snare removal and still gain a damage buff.

But light attacks scale off the highest recourse if I remember last changes correctly.
    Edited by Scardan on January 28, 2021 9:55PM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.