The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

End the bar swapping?

• Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they had it setup so console people could run mouse and keyboard im way over a controller for this game, if this game was cross play I’d be on PC already
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go further and say - keep barswapping, but give us 10 slots on each, so we could use our two weapons to their full power and not just abusing bows only for one ability. >:)
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • quinten1221
    quinten1221
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's because mmo's are fairly new to console's. Mmo's were mostly focused on pc but eso wanted xbox and ps. As I said maybe the companion for the new chapter is the way. Using him/her as a new skill line.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to use a different weapon, so you have to "swap" it. Logical isn't it?
  • quinten1221
    quinten1221
    ✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    You want to use a different weapon, so you have to "swap" it. Logical isn't it?

I think you are missing the point. Sure the use of 2 weapons is great but it shouldnt be a must have or you wont do 30/40k+ dps. Now when u run vet trials they will ask you to have at least 50k dps to join which isnt an option for 1 bar users.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are missing the point. Sure the use of 2 weapons is great but it shouldnt be a must have or you wont do 30/40k+ dps. Now when u run vet trials they will ask you to have at least 50k dps to join which isnt an option for 1 bar users.

Take a Stamplar, use 1 button !!! called biting jabs --> easy 60k to 70k dps

• TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love 3rd bar
    Awake, but at what cost
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I don't understand why being left handed would have anything to do with bar swap. You can bind bar swap to be any key or mouse button of your own choice.

I am left handed, and I actually think this is an advantage in ESO. I bind weapon swap and dodge roll to my 2 side mouse buttons and use standard ESO controls for skills. This means my skills end up being used by my dominant hand.

Left handed here as well, and literally the only thing I do with my left hand in combat is moving... :D I have all the skills, bar swap etc in my mouse buttons which I use with the right hand. Big brains, big brains.. but I’m currently slowly trying to learn away from this and start using keyboard for the skills..
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It's because they aren't going to design the combat differently for PC and Console. Console cannot have 10 skills on one bar, we don't have anywhere near enough buttons to manage that without bar swapping. That and two weapon types would not be possible/reasonable without bar swapping.

Not that I agree with op in that bar swapping should, to say console cant manage 10 abilities is sheer nonsense. Ff14 bars are usually in the 20+ hotkey realm and it works flawlessly there.

There are absolutely ways you could make it work in esos control scheme.
This discussion has been closed.