The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do we really need more UI?

Archlama
Archlama
All those additional UI while the in-game UI is already in-your face.
Just wanted to share how the game looks without UI
Because most in-game UI is only required for monitoring
and remember you to use certain features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-AB6edTaI

Ofcourse u really "need" UI once in a while, but my gaming experience without UI has been more than enjoyable.

This is no QQ, just do what u like on the UI side, just do what you prefer and have fun.

I just like to note there is an amazing in-game world that looks marvelous, and If you want to give that an option u can keybind Disabling the UI
Edited by Archlama on April 21, 2014 11:49PM
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
  • Trinak
    Trinak
    Yes
  • VonBirne
    VonBirne
    is there an option to disable everything but the health/magika/stamina bars? I think this would be a great alternativ for me
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Wykkyd's Full Immersion.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate , my screen is covered with addons.

So yeah they make a hell lot of difference to me, only time i ever take them out is for ss.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying having a minimal UI. For some content it's helpful to have buff/debuff timers visible. I'm not sure what more you need. Damage numbers are honestly just a "warm fuzzy", but I do have a scrolling combat text addon going most times.

For open world exploring running around with zero UI is pretty awesome.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them making addon long as they are not mendatory
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Raventiger_sb
    Personally I have no problems at all playing the game without addons. That's just my personally preferences though.
  • Demira
    Demira
    ✭✭✭
    I like the minimal UI ...I have just the bar showing at the bottom and the map bar at the top and the quest at the right side...that is it....just the way I like it....I like seeing the beautiful world.
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    I love the minimalistic UI, and I am very careful on what add-ons I install. So far all they do is add some convinient onformation while I'm in menus, nothing more. The only all time visual add-on I have is SimpleClock, which I've made small and placed right above the quest tracker to blend in and not obscure.
  • Wolfsspinne
    Wolfsspinne
    ✭✭✭
    I think the game fails to show all the things I want to know within the 3D-game-world.

Yes I like the idea of have next to no HUD. But with all the snares and stuns and effects in the game, and with all the crowd especially in PvP, there is far more to be shown than can be seen by looking at the game graphics.

Imho if you want to create a game with not much UI you have to design the game play to go with it. This means 10 or less effects (including hots, snares bleeding, root, etc.) each with a unique and good to see graphic.

But it seems as if the devs didn't like the idea of that, because (e.g.) all roots look completely different.

Also the overall pace of the game would have to be slower, in order to allow players to acually see which of they allys is currently under attack and to give them some reaction time before it's to late.

Again: Yes it's easy to play a single-player game without HUD but in a MMO where you have to know what happen all around you it just doesn't work with ESO's ingame graphics and skill diversity.
  • huytorwb17_ESO
    You are at a disadvantage if you dont use any ui or addons.
    The Eso world to be honest is not really that pretty to look at anyways so you dont really need to simplyfy your screen.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO is by no way close to SkyrimHD regarding visuals; then and only then I would even consider settling for the minimalistic vanilla UI.
    But as of now there is absolutely no need to move HUD elements out of the way... the disable UI key bind was pretty much the first one that went out the window.
  • shiroimin
    shiroimin
    I love addons and everything they bring to the table. That being said, I do not like them to clutter my screen. I still want a clean simple screen with just the right amount of necessary data. The rest of the 20 or so other addons should only show up when needed. Example, one of the addons tells me how many points I have spent on my skills. It tells me this on the Skill (K) screen only, not anywhere else. It is those kind of addons that I want.
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    You are at a disadvantage if you dont use any ui or addons.
    The Eso world to be honest is not really that pretty to look at anyways so you dont really need to simplyfy your screen.

You can file this firmly under "opinion".

I think the ESO world looks amazing...just my opinion, of course.

Disadvantage? Only if you are competing with others in a race to the top, which is not something I do.
  • zulikab14_ESO
    zulikab14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Make everything available and everything optional. Everybody wins!

Then we can stop arguing about whose opinion is fact -which makes no sense at all.