The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What class do you find the most difficult to fight?

Kikazaru
Kikazaru
✭✭✭✭✭
Just want to see what everyone thinks right now! I know someone will say "proc class" is the hardest, but that's not what I'm looking for. :P

I have to say wardens for me, they are the most difficult right now, and some are downright unbeatable if they equip themselves properly.
Edited by Kikazaru on January 23, 2021 6:59AM
Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

What class do you find the most difficult to fight? 144 votes

Sorcerer
18%
Gilvothwheem_ESOKayshaFaulgorWaylander07gamma71Strider__Roshincmetzger93meekeyceeSOLDIER_1stClassAthrys5ChrisXOLuckylancerOcelot9xAweBiTrmaster_vanargandJoykillWildRaptorXGorenmilllaurie 26 votes
Dragonknight
9%
JsmallsMurderMostFoulactoshJackeyGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALNagualVbubbyginkgeonsocalRaideenDakkxCanperial35Tberg725huskandhunger 13 votes
Templar
4%
LaidlawMicah_BayerRoztlin45colossalvoidsPlasma_ElfSnoopies 6 votes
Nightblade
10%
milesrodneymcneely2_ESOCyrdemaceb17_ESOorion_1981usub17_ESOhondelinkpaulsimonpsbrandonv516Tigerboy78CatagamiArchonLuciendaveqjruniversal_wrathDreadDaedrothVLVDIMYRmiguelcuraCordingOnyx 15 votes
Necromancer
14%
ShaggygamingWuffyCeruleiBeolundbirdikSkoomahSleep724MetemsycosisSpearpointDeathgiggleCerboltJierdanitamir412AlferinoesoUnified_GamingBunny_guarWaywardArgonianFawn4287baselesschartSuna_Ye_SunnabeUntouchableHunter 21 votes
Warden
43%
SolarikenGninekaithuzarDracaneadepaul321b16_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOAektannAdernathRhaegar75Elo106ReverbXarcVevvevIts_JEHBrrrofskiYlikollikasAedarylNeoauspexSinolaiNinchiTV 63 votes
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Wardens are absolutely insane. Even on defense they have the power to kill you.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Every class when well played can be very tricky to defeat.
    For me, most persistently probably Wardens with shimmering shield.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    From the perspective of Magicka Necromancer in BGs, Stamina Sorcerers and Werewolves are probably the worst overall.

A Stam Sorc, especially if running Ball of Lightning and/or Bombard, can just reset the fight as many times as necessary to kill you. Even making mistakes often isn't a death sentence, and it usually feels like an incredibly lopsided fight that isn't possible to avoid or run away from. Combine that mobility/defense with the "1-shot" build(s) that are all the rage these days, and it's rarely a fun encounter.

Werewolves, on the other hand, don't generally reset the fight...because they don't need to. They tend to just sit on top of you and howl away all your damage in one GCD every once in a while. While most of them don't have quite the same sort of damage that most other Stamina builds do, it's not exactly a wet noodle either. Combined with their survivability, the battle of attrition is basically unwinnable for most of us 1v1.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    High health Proc driven wardens
    High mobility proc driven sorcs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I rarely have detect pots on me; NBs can be so frustrating when used by a good player
    WWs I hate fighting as even if killable its gonna be a looooong one
    DKs have that Most annoying knock back stun that can be devastating when done at the right time

As I usually run a defensive/health and/or Proc build wardens arent as bad for me

Mist form isnt huge on Xbox NA but that can be a bear

Streak and a good sorc can be as bad as a good cloaked.

I cant decide
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Stamcros. They're just so frustrating to fight.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for killing I want to say pet sorcs in open world. Can never seem to get through their meat shields as they streak away.NBs if theplayer's very good at maneuvering in and out of combat. As for getting killed by certain classes, hard to tell what with there usually being a group or two hitting me(I'm a bird-dog and not a very bright one. I.E. I charge in with no thought).
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    obviously sorcerer, and warden, it has been that way this entire 7 years of eso everyone knows it.
    warden since morrowind but sorc since beta launch.
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 24, 2021 6:06PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Sorcerers are a strong 2nd.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stamden/Cro is the worst as a stamdk main.

Other classes have the ability to be bursted or handled pretty easily in 1v1.

Stamden or Cro can easily outheal you, out tank you, and have better on demand burst than you. If you look at kits, they should win the matchups every time, then it just comes down to player skill.

And if that player is equal/better skilled than you, and knows how to build? Good luck, your chances are abysmal.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stamden/Cro is the worst as a stamdk main.

Other classes have the ability to be bursted or handled pretty easily in 1v1.

Stamden or Cro can easily outheal you, out tank you, and have better on demand burst than you. If you look at kits, they should win the matchups every time, then it just comes down to player skill.

And if that player is equal/better skilled than you, and knows how to build? Good luck, your chances are abysmal.

For me, it mostly comes down to what abilities the class uses.
    For example Magblades and Magsorcs tend to be very easy for me to take out when they do not use shade or ball of lightning. Once these survival abilities come into play though, they suddenly become near impossible to best.

It all depends on how easy your own playstyle is countered by class specific abilities and whether or not the class even uses them. Many Nightblades still do not use the shade or not properly.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Why isnt werewolf on the list? It should be on the list. 2nd pick goes to warden, they do everything and better than other classes. Its also extremely boring because nothing challenges you anymore.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stam warden, but crimson Necros are a close second.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, more on how the other classes feel from the perspective of a nightblade while in cyrodiil.

Dragonknight:

StamDK: Bulky. Have access to a lot of DoTs. Strong Leap. Fossilize! Annoying. Dots can hurt if you let them stack up. Lacks proper burst combo. I can take them on sometimes with proper positioning.

Magdk: Not as bulky as the stamdk. Also have access to a lot of DoTs. Strong leap. Again Fossilize is annoying! Lacks proper burst combo. Has Grotharr. This can be nasty if the hold you down long enough. I can take them on a bit more easily with proper position.

Sorcerer:

Stamsorcs: Very Fast. Fast like sonic the hedgehog with streaks and BoL. Very annoying to fight. Difficulty really varies. Some exploit unfathomable darkness. Very nasty. Some use crystal weapons. Hits hard. But more manageable than unfathomable. I can take them on most of the time.... if they stay put.

Magsorcs: Loves Streaking. Love it a lot. Strong frags. Undodgeable curse. Streak and BoL are very annoying, but manageable. The current meta makes it hard for them to succeed due to the nature of their delayed combos. I can take them on majority of the time.

Templars:

Stamplars: Jabs? Hercules Thrower(javelin)? I don't see them often enough to really determine their potency. xD

Magplar: Heals. Loves Heals. Jabs aren't too bad. Explosive charge is somewhat explosive? Did I mention jabs? Sort of likes javelins. Radiant Sweep is decent. I can take them on majority of the time.

Nightblades:

Stamblades: Loves cloaking. Loves ganking. Very slippery with cloak and shadow image. Have a nasty burst if it all lines up. But can be easily dodged or blocked. Gankers can pose a danger if built right. I can take them most of the time. Most are very squishy.

Magblades: Loves cloaking. More than stamblades. Loves ganking. And bombing. Very slippery with cloak and shadow image. Can't escape as fast as a stamblade, however. Have okayish burst if it all lines up. But easily dodged or blocked. Gankers can pose a danger if built right. I can take them on a majority of the time. Most are very squishy

Necromancers:

Stamcros: Very tanky. Has good damage if it all lines up. Annoying skeleton that leaps in your face. Annoying goliath. They sure love Thews of the Harbingers. They are strong as heck, but not in the same vain as a warden. I can take them on occasionally.

Magcros: Feels similar to a magblade. No where near the same status as a stamcros. Can be very tankyish. Burst damage is okayish. But manageable. I can take them on most of the time.

Wardens:

Stamwarden: Hate them very much. Great burst damage. Great burst heals. Very Tanky. Nasty beetles that hurts! Their class toolkits and the sets that are currently available has curated them into the perfect killing machines. Do they even have a weakness at this point!?!? :L If they capitalize on the proc meta; nearly unbeatable. I can take some on, but rarely.

Magwardens: They feel like magcros and magblades. They are tanky-like. Can output okayish damage. Also have nasty beetles... that hurts less! Frost skills are annoying. Sure loves Elsa! Their potency is not of the same vain as their bigger sibling, the stamwarden. I can take them on most of the time.

Sums up how I feel about all the classes right now! ^^
    Edited by Kikazaru on January 24, 2021 1:18PM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Please link some stam warden builds that you all complain about. My stam warden is tanky as hell and does utter crap damage and has the worst sustain of anything I have played ever. My mag warden deals OK dps, but gets globaled inside a stun.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Depends which character and build I play... I'd say it's mostly an issue around some specific skills and builds than classes themselves, but these skills being class-specific ...

- Wardens deal lots of damage while being most of the time very tanky. Super hard to deal with those.

- Streak Sorcs are super hard to kill, especially those hiding behind summons and wearing engine guardian. Manageable in BGs (unless you meet a 4-man ball group of summoners), but hard in open world Cyrodiil when they can also use NPC and larger groups.

- Necromancers in Ultimate form should be avoided until their timer goes off, which is rather annoying than hard.

- Templars can be tough with constant and delayed damage, they seem to be rare lately in BGs.

- Ganking Stamblades that spam Snipe were an annoyance in the first times, but since I have detect/invis pots in stock, they became targets of choices (it's quite entertaining to hunt those and try to get behind them before they spot you).

- Least difficult I'd say DK, as I main a DK myself and have their range and skillset in mind (which is absolutely not a guaranteed win when I fight one, but helps).

Lately I've been teabagged in CP Cyrodiil by a magsorc that whispered me he'd do that to "any DK that hide behind heavy armor and that will get wrecked once tank meta goes away" (or something like that), so I'd like to add a personal comment:
    - I'm not wearing heavy armor, I could heal through your attacks.
    - You may celebrate a skilled flawless victory as you wish, but teabagging after:
    a) avoiding death multiple times as you wear engine guardian and hide behind him
    b) avoiding death multiple times because your streak move also stuns me
    c) finally killing me once getting me to aggro 10 NPCs after a long 1v1 fight
    ... I just don't get how you could consider that a proud victory.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    MerguezMan wrote: »

Lately I've been teabagged in CP Cyrodiil by a magsorc that whispered me he'd do that to "any DK that hide behind heavy armor and that will get wrecked once tank meta goes away" (or something like that), so I'd like to add a personal comment:
    - I'm not wearing heavy armor, I could heal through your attacks.
    - You may celebrate a skilled flawless victory as you wish, but teabagging after:
    a) avoiding death multiple times as you wear engine guardian and hide behind him
    b) avoiding death multiple times because your streak move also stuns me
    c) finally killing me once getting me to aggro 10 NPCs after a long 1v1 fight
    ... I just don't get how you could consider that a proud victory.

Laughable notion on his part. Eso has a tank meta since day one. Tanky builds have most of the time been the majority of the serious population. It will never go away.

More likely however, is that engine guardian and pets become untargetable. We shall see how it goes for him then.
    Never justify yourself in front of people like this when they know nothing about you and your ways. I am confronted with tiresome speculations and accusations since years.

Let them talk and waste their time ranting about you.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Raideen wrote: »
    Please link some stam warden builds that you all complain about. My stam warden is tanky as hell and does utter crap damage and has the worst sustain of anything I have played ever. My mag warden deals OK dps, but gets globaled inside a stun.

I think most run with procs and all attributes into health, high recoveries etc...

I run a medium bleed build and the offence is strong. I'm not sure if it competes with proc builds tbh, but not much does...
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=295307

I don't like playing warden very much either. Regardless of what you do the input feels minimal and the burst predictable. Survival is easy as long as you keep up arctic, vines and vigor.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    From the perspective of Magicka Necromancer in BGs, Stamina Sorcerers and Werewolves are probably the worst overall.

A Stam Sorc, especially if running Ball of Lightning and/or Bombard, can just reset the fight as many times as necessary to kill you. Even making mistakes often isn't a death sentence, and it usually feels like an incredibly lopsided fight that isn't possible to avoid or run away from. Combine that mobility/defense with the "1-shot" build(s) that are all the rage these days, and it's rarely a fun encounter.

Werewolves, on the other hand, don't generally reset the fight...because they don't need to. They tend to just sit on top of you and howl away all your damage in one GCD every once in a while. While most of them don't have quite the same sort of damage that most other Stamina builds do, it's not exactly a wet noodle either. Combined with their survivability, the battle of attrition is basically unwinnable for most of us 1v1.

I believe any magicka class will struggle against anything stam. In No cp bg’s even with shields being the weakest as they ever where, I can face tank a lot of pressure from multiple magicka classes wearing whatever procs and play battle of attrition given their awful sustain even after potions buff.

But I don’t really bother with well built stam classes. There is no way of killing them and they do a lot damage and have no trouble killing me even if they are pretty average players.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh oh I know this!!!

Class: L A G
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    As a Dragonknight I fear no man! But that... thing...

pans to Warden

It scares me...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    obviously sorcerer, and warden, it has been that way this entire 7 years of eso everyone knows it.
    warden since morrowind but sorc since beta launch.

Perma-bats DK used to be The Thing, iirc, at release.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    For me there's no one that's more difficult than the other, it all comes down to the person behind the controls. That said every class has its own unique things which can make them difficult if used right. As a stamblade -

Necros can be difficult due to their intrinsic tankiness and healing. Blastbones still following you in stealth, or just hitting you anyway, is very annoying. Blastbones + dawnbreaker is big ouchies.

Wardens are just a menace. Magdens can turtle down and heal forever. Not paying attention and shooting a spectral bow into a shimmering shield is extremely triggering. Ultra high ulti gen wardens absolutely will spam their trees almost every time your combo is up. Stamdens are tanky with the best heal in the game and can still burst better than you.

DKs will keep you forever snared while they bludgeon you to death. The unavoidable snare of leap is tortuous, especially when trying to kite multiple enemies. MagDKs are annoying snare/fossilize machines and fire damage is a bad time as a vamp. Grothdarr + overwhelming MagDKs are the things nightmares are made of.

Templars can be surprisingly bursty and it'll sneak up on you if you're not paying attention, to your own dismay. Jabs are triggering but easy to avoid, although the snare is irritating enough in its own right. The ones who are smart enough not to let themselves get pulled outside their circle, double that if they're stam and using caltrops, are a menace.

Nightblade v nightblade is polarizing. Killing gankers is typically fairly easy, but a good nightblade v good nightblade is awful. If both are using stealth it's like a knife fight in a telephone booth. Good dark cloak nightblades are actually one of my most difficult fights, thank goodness there's all of one or two of them in Cyrodiil. Stealth magblades are probably the easiest fight of all though. They can be very hard to catch if they know how to shade and cloak well (and by very hard, I mean you literally will not be catching them unless they choose to engage or make a mistake), but their healing and damage are both subpar and its exceedingly rare that one will make you sweat that hard, sole exception being if they line up all their procs perfectly. In all my travels in Cyrodiil I've literally only ever met one who was truly impressive.
    Edited by JayKwellen on January 25, 2021 5:04AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    stamden no question
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    The sad thing is that I’ve had friends flat out tell me:
    “dude, I just feel like if I’m not on my stamina warden in BG’s, I feel like I’m not contributing to the group”.
    -stated by highest MMR BG player a few months ago
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please redo the poll listing stamina and magicka variants separately. Then I'll think about it.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for killing I want to say pet sorcs in open world. Can never seem to get through their meat shields as they streak away.
    I've been experimenting with Master's 2H lately. I don't think I'll kill a good sorc, but a not so good player hiding behind pets, sorc pets, warden bears, Engine Guardian, even Blastbones, it buffs your damage and your Brawler shield. It's a lovely way to turn such an encounter on it's head.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    The unavoidable snare of leap is tortuous, especially when trying to kite multiple enemies.
    Yeah. There is this hard snare or root when you get leaped, which happens BEFORE the leap lands. If a DK surprises me, I know "oh, [snip], I'm being leaped" a full second before it's gonna happen. Perhaps that means you're dead either way, but the way that desync plays out is extremely frustrating in larger fights where a second of movement could cover substantial ground and avoid other enemies beating on you, especially on a fast build.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on January 28, 2021 3:43AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I think most run with procs and all attributes into health, high recoveries etc...

I run a medium bleed build and the offence is strong. I'm not sure if it competes with proc builds tbh, but not much does...
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=295307

I don't like playing warden very much either. Regardless of what you do the input feels minimal and the burst predictable. Survival is easy as long as you keep up arctic, vines and vigor.
    I don't like playing warden either. It's a buff heavy, boring class to play with a predictable burst pattern.

What scares me lately, as a nightblade, is a magden that uses some combination of: Vateshran destro, Oblivion's Foe, Zaan, possibly Winterborn, Malacath and all Swift so they can keep up with you. Oblivion's Foe appears to break cloak.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Buff magicka full stop.