Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light armor

• Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    in logic light armor means glass cannon

that means for example if we hit 10k enemy hits us 10k 7/7 for medium and 4/4 heavy armor

in reality light armor users hits max 6k. and enemy hits 8k 8k and 6k for medium users 4/ 2 for heavy armor

logic of light armor and range is kite with slows snares and stuns. you try to kill enemy with high damage before he comes to you. if he comes you are %90 dead. and you use your survival skills.

in reality for example 40k stamden .

you started attack with stun and damage and damaged %20 of enemys hp. and he used break free and used his gap closer started to hit you with combo.

we have 2 different ends.

you stunned him again and tried nuke and damaged %80 of his hp. he changed bar with s&B and insta healed himself to %100 and killed you after it.

you stunned him again and tried nuke and he used dawnbreaker dizzy dizzy exec. and you are dead :disappointed:

so light armor (magicka) can not damage better than medium or heavy proc stamina. cannot heal better than others. cannot cc than others.

so why you are not just deleting light armor ? its useless except PVE
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    need to change light armor passives

spell warding passive is completely useless make it spell damage

prodigy passive is most useless one. whoo needs crit while no one uses crit? make it overload. %50 extra crit damage for spell damage or weapon damage. for example you hit 10k with crit and another 5k with this passive.

and buff concentration people roaming around with min 30 k resists. who cares 5k ?

and make break free sprint and block resource=magicka.

why we are must get more stamina for these while stamina users doesnt need any magicka?

so make all healing skills and buffs magicka resource at least
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doczy wrote: »
    in logic light armor means glass cannon

that means for example if we hit 10k enemy hits us 10k 7/7 for medium and 4/4 heavy armor

in reality light armor users hits max 6k. and enemy hits 8k 8k and 6k for medium users 4/ 2 for heavy armor

logic of light armor and range is kite with slows snares and stuns. you try to kill enemy with high damage before he comes to you. if he comes you are %90 dead. and you use your survival skills.

in reality for example 40k stamden .

you started attack with stun and damage and damaged %20 of enemys hp. and he used break free and used his gap closer started to hit you with combo.

we have 2 different ends.

you stunned him again and tried nuke and damaged %80 of his hp. he changed bar with s&B and insta healed himself to %100 and killed you after it.

you stunned him again and tried nuke and he used dawnbreaker dizzy dizzy exec. and you are dead :disappointed:

so light armor (magicka) can not damage better than medium or heavy proc stamina. cannot heal better than others. cannot cc than others.

so why you are not just deleting light armor ? its useless except PVE

And then, the warden in question pops one of plenty hard counter abilities against ranged attacks, and you can forget about it. All the enemy must do is shimmering shield, flap wings, summon ball of lightning, frostwall shield, maybe some purges and there you go then.

Light armor has plenty of counters and weakness, but no strengths. It does not have superior sustain or damage. The penetration it grants is often outmatched by maces or nearly negated by classes who, for no reason, get spell resistence (but not physical) from a passive. Light armor needs a proper defensive passive, actual damage in the form of spell damage or magicka in addition to penetration and a bit better sustain.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    And so die my dream to nuke all of you with my potent spells, wearing my shiny robe :)
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you pumped your health over 25K? At the moment PvP is painfull with less than that. Use health glyphs or reallocate your atributes.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Have you pumped your health over 25K? At the moment PvP is painfull with less than that. Use health glyphs or reallocate your atributes.

Yeah, I know there is something in game called hp and I know I can bring them to a more comfortable level. My problem is that in this moment I can't see any viable build that isnt heavy armor based.
    But as I said, maybe is my fault.

As a joke I built a harbinger/hp based/warden. I can simply stand in the worst spot, and have the highest damage of the team.

Laughable, I know, but in this game you can create a totally passive build that perform better than any "ranged caster" build.
    But maybe I'm too old, and I simply can't perform well enough with a squishy build
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    If you go light armor, you have the sustain to be a level 3 Vampire—which makes your overall resistances on average similarly good to someone in heavy armor (better if low health, worse if high health). Granted, you still have lower health and obviously way worse health recovery as well as vulnerability to flame damage, so you won’t be as tanky overall. But you can be pretty tanky in light armor by leveraging the sustain advantages of light armor to make vampire affordable, and you will do more damage and have more mobility.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you go light armor, you have the sustain to be a level 3 Vampire—which makes your overall resistances on average similarly good to someone in heavy armor (better if low health, worse if high health). Granted, you still have lower health and obviously way worse health recovery as well as vulnerability to flame damage, so you won’t be as tanky overall. But you can be pretty tanky in light armor by leveraging the sustain advantages of light armor to make vampire affordable, and you will do more damage and have more mobility.

I have found this to be the case as well
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about the absolute lack of synergy because of ZoS' tweaks over the years:

In the past light armor was designed with shields in mind but...

Shields now have resistance values - Light provides little to none
    Shields have health based caps - Light provides no health

Light armor doesnt even give that much damage
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imho light armor is not worth the trouble. too fragile and about as strong as medium, if not weaker. I'm a bad player, and I die too often in light armor. It just isn't fun. Healing is easier in heavy armor too.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    imho light armor is not worth the trouble. too fragile and about as strong as medium, if not weaker. I'm a bad player, and I die too often in light armor. It just isn't fun. Healing is easier in heavy armor too.

IIRC, Medium Armor provides 75% of Heavy Armor’s protection, while Light Armor provides 25%. So going light armor is essentially as glass cannon as you can get outside of no gear. In this meta where high damage can be obtained in Heavy Armor, going Light Armor feels like gimping oneself.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

IIRC, Medium Armor provides 75% of Heavy Armor’s protection, while Light Armor provides 25%. So going light armor is essentially as glass cannon as you can get outside of no gear. In this meta where high damage can be obtained in Heavy Armor, going Light Armor feels like gimping oneself.

Do not forget the extra survival added by both medium and heavy in form of more roll dodges and/or healing. Weapon damage increases heals, penetration does not.

It is about time Spell Warding gets its horrible spell resistence replaced with a magicka boost or spell damage boost to make up for what light armor currently lacks in damage and survival.
    Edited by Dracane on January 18, 2021 11:03AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    after few weeks of trying, I can say it's almost impossible to pvp in light armor (at least in BG). It takes 1 stun (this game's pvp is based on CC), and in the time you break free they obliterate you.
    Am I missing something?

Don't feel bad. Even in heavy armor with 50k health, full impenetrable and 35k resistance I've been obliterated in the span of a single stun while breaking free. The damage bursts are just insane right now and there is very little you can do to defend against it if you get pinned down.

By several people I assume, right? Not by a single person unless its a ganker.

I dunna man. I was on a full heavy armor (crimson) magden the other day in BG's, I had around 34k health and full resist. I was stunned (no stam to get out) and blown up in three heavy attacks by a stamcro. 13k each.

I honestly see no reason whatsoever to pvp in ESO. This is the most broken PVP I have ever seen in almost 2 decades.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Do not forget the extra survival added by both medium and heavy in form of more roll dodges and/or healing. Weapon damage increases heals, penetration does not.

It is about time Spell Warding gets its horrible spell resistence replaced with a magicka boost or spell damage boost to make up for what light armor currently lacks in damage and survival.

There is no reason to wear light armor.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light and medium armor are in a horrible spot.

The current damage out put in heavy is ridiculous.

Light and medium armor need a serious buff.

Heavy needs a damage debuff modifier per piece added that applies to weapon/spell damage and proc damage.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy needs a damage debuff modifier per piece added that applies to weapon/spell damage and proc damage.

Love the idea in reverse; how about add damage for light armor pieces? @SOLDIER_1stClass
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the idea in reverse; how about add damage for light armor pieces? @SOLDIER_1stClass

Now that's the best thing I have heard all week.
    Would be strange if the most fragile armor would actually make up for it.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭

As it stands if they increase damage out put at this time it would be disastrous.

They would need to severely tone done aoe damage and delay damage first, because as it currently stands aoe needs to be toned down. While also reducing healing and support capabilities of magicka users.

The way the game is set up is magicka has the only real heals, giving them even more damage without addressing above issues just makes it overpowered.

Secondly their damage is only weak against heavy armor and more than effective against medium.

• ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While also reducing healing and support capabilities of magicka users.

As someone who runs a healer in PVE group dungeons... no.
    The way the game is set up is magicka has the only real heals, giving them even more damage without addressing above issues just makes it overpowered.

The thing is, those are supposed to be the defensive strengths of Magicka specs in PVP. Stamina specs, generally, benefit from being able to sprint, roll dodge, block, and break free more often than their Magicka counterparts, due to their increased Stamina pool. Magicka specs on the other hand benefit from access to more heals and damage shields due to their increased Magicka pool. These differences should be strong, as they are what are part of defining the difference between the specs. It's the current lack of strength in those defensive options for Magicka compared to the continued strength of Stamina's defensive options that causes Stamina's current dominance in PVP.

Nerfing Magicka's healing and support, even if damage was increased, would only serve to weaken their overall position in PVP. If that were to happen, then Stamina would also need to see nerfs to dodge-rolling. But neither of these are things that need to happen. Each are, again, the respective strengths of each type of spec and should exist in strength for each spec. This is how each and every choice the player makes should, Race, Class, Spec, Armor, etc. should all mean adding certain strengths to a build in order to either shore up weaknesses or capitalize on strengths to create the build that works for the player.

As far as adding damage to Light Armor is concerned, there is a way it could be done that still involves sacrifice, that would further define the strengths of Light Amor vs. Heavy Armor for mag specs. That would be to change the Spell Warding passive from providing Spell Resistance for each piece of armor worn, and instead increase Spell Damage by 2% for each piece worn. This would (A) exchange one strength for another, (B) help both DDs and Healers, both who rely on LA, and (C) not make LA more potent than MA because it wouldn't eclipse the Weapon Damage provided by MA (15%) even at 7 pieces. It would also further the difference between LA/MA being about damage, and HA being about defense.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    While also reducing healing and support capabilities of magicka users.

As someone who runs a healer in PVE group dungeons... no.

The thing is, those are supposed to be the defensive strengths of Magicka specs in PVP. Stamina specs, generally, benefit from being able to sprint, roll dodge, block, and break free more often than their Magicka counterparts, due to their increased Stamina pool. Magicka specs on the other hand benefit from access to more heals and damage shields due to their increased Magicka pool. These differences should be strong, as they are what are part of defining the difference between the specs. It's the current lack of strength in those defensive options for Magicka compared to the continued strength of Stamina's defensive options that causes Stamina's current dominance in PVP.

Nerfing Magicka's healing and support, even if damage was increased, would only serve to weaken their overall position in PVP. If that were to happen, then Stamina would also need to see nerfs to dodge-rolling. But neither of these are things that need to happen. Each are, again, the respective strengths of each type of spec and should exist in strength for each spec. This is how each and every choice the player makes should, Race, Class, Spec, Armor, etc. should all mean adding certain strengths to a build in order to either shore up weaknesses or capitalize on strengths to create the build that works for the player.

As far as adding damage to Light Armor is concerned, there is a way it could be done that still involves sacrifice, that would further define the strengths of Light Amor vs. Heavy Armor for mag specs. That would be to change the Spell Warding passive from providing Spell Resistance for each piece of armor worn, and instead increase Spell Damage by 2% for each piece worn. This would (A) exchange one strength for another, (B) help both DDs and Healers, both who rely on LA, and (C) not make LA more potent than MA because it wouldn't eclipse the Weapon Damage provided by MA (15%) even at 7 pieces. It would also further the difference between LA/MA being about damage, and HA being about defense.

Didn't say do it. I said if there's a damage increase it would have to be done.

Other wise light armor becomes over powered.

Magicka classes are the best for pve period. They don't need a damage increase.

And the only thing killing light and medium in pvp is the prevalence of heavy armor with higher damage output than they should have.

In all reality all armors need a change. Specifically light and medium need a drastic buff and heavy needs a nerf to its damage output.

Either way though. With an over all damage increase to the two lighter armor sets which is what people want. Aoe will definitely need to take a hit, as it is aoe over performs in both pve and pvp.
    Edited by SOLDIER_1stClass on January 24, 2021 5:00AM