The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Characters deleted/reset?

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
Were characters reset or deleted recently? I had time to play the PTS last night and continue my Warden and found that my characters were gone and characters from the PTS like a year ago are there instead.

Was this intended? Is all the progress I made with my Warden gone?
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The EU playerbase had their characters copied over on Monday.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I EVER played on the EU server (which I have), those characters just got copied over my NA characters on the PTS, including the Warden I created?!

What kind of BS is that?!
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not BS, it is done so that players from both servers have a chance to actually test things with their 'own' characters. It is also exactly how the PTS has worked for quite a while now...

Your characters would have been wiped anyways, even if you never played on the EU server. Your character list would have been empty in that case...
    Edited by Darlon on May 5, 2017 5:23PM
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got my Warden up to 38. Geez. And now it's gone....

But you're saying everyone on the NA server got everything wiped, including any new Wardens they were working on?
    Edited by ookami007 on May 5, 2017 5:27PM
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Now Europeans get a go as well. In a while, those characters will be wiped and it will be back to NA. It's how the PTS works, nothing there is ever permanent.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right... but how are you supposed to test leveling a warden?!
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't have enough time to fully level a character in a given testing cycle, you can roll a template which is already maxed.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Right... but how are you supposed to test leveling a warden?!

On PTS to create a template level 50 maxed cp character go to character creation screen and hit the dropdown in the top left of the screen. Select AD, EP, or DC faction Templates as you desire...
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, but creating one from a template doesn't test the class against normal content at lower levels.

I guess, being a programmer, I think about testing completely differently. A new class should be tested from top to bottom against existing content, with every race and faction.

I can't even get something past change management without a fully fleshed out test plan. And that would include every scenario I can think of.

Using a template bypasses that. It's like saying "Test thing, but just not too much".

Oh well... I guess that's why things are broken and continue to be broken.

But thanks for the responses. At least I know what happened and why. And I know that they don't REALLY want testing and that this is just for show.
    Edited by ookami007 on May 5, 2017 6:09PM
  • SaintAemilian
    Also, Ookami007, I realize that you were trying to take advantage of the Pay features on the testing website. Yanno, how everything costs one crown [snip]

Fortunately, the Test System does NOT allow this for long. You are there to TEST FEATURES, not create a permanent account [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 20, 2021 1:09PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to test levelling from mid level to 50 you can create a lv25 char from template on PTS. Menu at left up corner on char creation screen.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, the Morrowind PTS cycle... that takes me back a minute.

Also...

zKBtpnR.png
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.