The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No Twitch drops anymore?

Stahlor
Stahlor
✭✭✭✭✭
What happened to Twitch drops? No drops for weeks - did ZOS stop them in 2021?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 17, 2021 6:49PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:52PM
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't holidays be even more a reason to enable them?
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:52PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there were a few weekends in a row when Twitch drops were enabled, which was unusual, so maybe they're just skipping a few weekends in a row to compensate?

My guess is we'll see Twitch drops the weekend after the big global reveal of 2021's story arc.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm betting there will be some during Gates of Oblivion reveal and Midyear Mayhem event later this month.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While having a regular schedule of drops every other weekend would be nice, my recollection of drops over the last year or two (since the beginning of the drops) are that they're less likely to be on than to be off more likely to be off than on. The inability to predict with any real assurance, based on historical precedent, which weekends will have drops has caused me to miss out on drops many times, because by the time I realized drops were on it would often be Sunday afternoon. So it was actually kind of unusual when the "drops on" weekends started to occur every other weekend for a time.

And to be fair, it does make better sense, from both ZOS's and Twitch's viewpoints, to have drops follow more of an irregular pattern. From Twitch's viewpoint, this hopefully encourages viewers to watch Twitch streamers on a more regular basis, since watching regularly is generally the best way to know when drops are on. And from ZOS's viewpoint, an irregular schedule of drops lets them have occasional periods of consecutive "drops on" weekends during events that include multiple weekends, or during "free play" weeks, or coinciding with the release of a chapter or DLC or major update that introduces QoL or other new changes, or around the time of major gaming industry expos, etc. If people are more likely to tune in and watch Twitch streamers playing ESO at those times-- whether the viewers are already ESO players themselves or just curious to see what ESO is like-- then it makes good sense to have drops on at those times, both as a further enticement to get existing players to watch, and as a possible enticement to get people to start playing ESO since you need an ESO account to get a drop.

[Edited for clarity.]
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on January 10, 2021 8:15PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There has been some recent changes with how Twitch drops work with ESO. Please see our news article posted here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the answer to this otherwise conundrum has become clear: Twitch Drops died so that Endeavors could live.

Given how easy most Endeavors are to complete, I suppose that they didn't want players to be able to double-up on two sources of relatively easy Crown Crate proxy currencies.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the answer to this otherwise conundrum has become clear: Twitch Drops died so that Endeavors could live.

I think you nailed it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis