Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

some people can not be interrupted while capturing the relic

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
is it unstoppable potion ? or how does it work? it's not the regular CC immunity you gain after a break free, you can still be interrupted in this state. However some people can not be interrupted while taking the relic, no matter how often bash. No, i do not bash their pets or anything.
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this same thing happens with fighting ball groups in cryodiil, and sometimes yes, just "certain people" dont seem to be effected and seem to be just as you say "uninteruptable" and it does not look like a potion is being used. no way of knowing why its happening, i might maybe only a guess, but, maybe the just broke free and that swirling around thier body is not loading for us to see?
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    is it unstoppable potion ? or how does it work? it's not the regular CC immunity you gain after a break free, you can still be interrupted in this state. However some people can not be interrupted while taking the relic, no matter how often bash. No, i do not bash their pets or anything.

There are several sources of CC immunity. I am not sure if it's supposed to prevent being interrupted but from what I have seen they all prevent it. The big one that not everybody is aware of is that every time you break free you gain 5 seconds of cc immunity. But you need to actively break free to gain that source. The heavy armor active skill also grants cc immunity but I don't think many people use that. Technically with that skill you could have a 100% uptime of hard cc immunity. It's also a stamina skill meaning that negates can't prevent it. https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/unstoppable

Not sure if any of this helps.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use an immovable potion you can´t be interrupted when picking up the relic. Not intended and has been reported for quite some time now. So ye, it´s bug abuse and we´ve to deal with it until ZOS fixes it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    If you use an immovable potion you can´t be interrupted when picking up the relic. Not intended and has been reported for quite some time now. So ye, it´s bug abuse and we´ve to deal with it until ZOS fixes it.

From my understanding the Immovable pots also makes it so you cannot be interrupted while res'ing someone. Its a really annoying bug, and as you said it is a bug, some people say its intended but I highly doubt it. Get one guy with those pots and a healer following them and you will never lose a capture the relic again, or if you can self heal well enough you can just do it yourself.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    There are many ways of avoiding being interrupted:
    - Essence of Immovability
    - CC cooldown
    - Unstoppable (and morphs)
    - Snow Threads
    - Escapist Poison

And that's just most obvious ways. I bet there are much more of them.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, CtR has just turned into a game of which team has a Sorc with immovs.

Heal on the way in, pop immov, grab relic, Streak twice, RAT and sprint it home. Defenders don't have a chance of catching them.
    Edited by Grimlok_S on January 17, 2021 6:17PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still use a set of gear that lets you doge any direct attack bashing included for 6 seconds, the set is perfect for relic running still even with the new cool down.

Sheath to relic, drop out of sheath block an attack cap and run
    Edited by RedTalon on January 17, 2021 6:15PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    There are many ways of avoiding being interrupted:
    - Essence of Immovability
    - CC cooldown
    - Unstoppable (and morphs)
    - Snow Threads
    - Escapist Poison

And that's just most obvious ways. I bet there are much more of them.

The problems lies in that CC cooldown and skills that gives CC immunity do not grant you immunity from being interrupted while Capturing the relic, but the Potion does.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    The bottle is pretty expensive, so fair enough that it provides such benefit.
    And sometimes it is the only way if you are surrounded by defenders with unlimited stamina.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And sometimes it is the only way if you are surrounded by defenders with unlimited stamina.

Not fair enough at all now is it? Why should it have that extra advantage? Its damaging an already unpopular game mode even further. The fact that it makes it possible to also rez anyone you want without being able to be interrupted can also be a huge annoyance in overland Cyrodiil, and make certain small scale and even small scale, extremely difficult or down right impossible to win. Especially if used by multiple people in the groups.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭

Not fair enough at all now is it? Why should it have that extra advantage? Its damaging an already unpopular game mode even further. The fact that it makes it possible to also rez anyone you want without being able to be interrupted can also be a huge annoyance in overland Cyrodiil, and make certain small scale and even small scale, extremely difficult or down right impossible to win. Especially if used by multiple people in the groups.

It is not providing permanent immunity. It's just few seconds. And when the whole enemy team is just camping with cheesy stamina builds - it is a good way to do objectives and keep game going.
    Or what? Just wanna slaughter everyone without giving a chance (even such expensive)?
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty cheap. I got through several stacks a week.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

Immovability potions keep you from being bashed while grabbing the relic. It seems only the immovable effect from potions do this. If you use the immovable effect from say Unstoppable Brute you can still be interrupted.
    Edited by Jeremy on January 18, 2021 4:44AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's immovable potions as I had a couple on hand and decided to give them a go. They work like a charm and all you need to do is get some heals over time up and then pop the potion. Make sure you have a speed buff skill on hand and once you have the relic you're out of there!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What makes this worse is that often times the person grabbing the flag will get bashed amd you will see them stagger and then the game says they have taken the flag and they have beam of light indicating they are holding the flag.

This happened to me 4 times yesterday afternoon.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a feature or are you telling me zos would ignore such a bug for over half a year?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    It is a feature or are you telling me zos would ignore such a bug for over half a year?

Yes, Yes they would.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

Definitely a bug, considering no other form of cc immunity prevents you from being interrupted when grabbing the relic. We're 6+ threads that I can count offhand into this issue with no communication from the Zos team.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why whenever I see well know abusers of this in a game, I treat it as dm. There is no point of trying when people are going to borderline cheat
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 14, 2021 8:26PM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same goes for rezzing people with immove pots. People HATE that.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gosh just went into the forums to write about it, seems I'm not the only one frustrated.

I've captured it on the video https://youtu.be/ABQQXpRpb_Y

Yup, definitely pots. Definitely not intented, as CC immunity from stun break doesn't save you from interrupts (neither roll dodge do).
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    If you see that someone is using the pot - don't try bash it. Apply DoTs and damage. After 2-3 secs - add CC and relic is down.
    PC - EU. @NickBalza

• WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    It's so broken! I agree with most people here saying it's ruining Capture the Relic. As it is now, I can slot an immovable on a tank and just walk away with the relic. Just no fun for anyone.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you see that someone is using the pot - don't try bash it. Apply DoTs and damage. After 2-3 secs - add CC and relic is down.

Doesn't really work on really tanky builds, and after the pots wear off they can simply apply regular CC immunity from abilities. Easy enough to just run up, pop potion and HoT, take the relic and then just walk away. Hell, wear the snow treaders as well with something like Crimson Twilight and makes the capture more of a gentle stroll to victory.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Yup at least now you cant q for flag games only. There are players on ps4 na literally built to abuse this. They run a TON of speed and high health with a health based heals and they just immov and run relics. Makes the games last 2 mins and theres just nothing anyone can do about it. Theres also an exploit where you can die and res at your spawn with the relic still. There must be a way to trigger this bug because one player literally does it every other game. Btw there have been posts about this for like 2 years now lol.
    Edited by buzzclops on February 25, 2021 7:14AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can capture the potion user's relic so he can't place the relic he captures.
    but you need a good team so that they take down the potion user before his team take you down
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Heal on the way in, pop immov, grab relic, Streak twice, RAT and sprint it home. Defenders don't have a chance of catching them.

Would work IF you could actually streak while holding the relic....but you know, you can't cast streak while holding the relic soooo......
    Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on February 26, 2021 5:26PM
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭

Would work IF you could actually streak while holding the relic....but you know, you can't cast streak while holding the relic soooo......

Wait, yes you can. I don't run a magsorc but I watched a sorc streak with a relic just the other night. It was very annoying.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait, yes you can. I don't run a magsorc but I watched a sorc streak with a relic just the other night. It was very annoying.

Streak is greyed out when I carry a relic or the chaosball. It can't be used, or isn't supposed to be used.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's potential for a bug that allows you to use all abilities.

I had grabbed a relic and forgot I had it while waiting for my allies to get ours back; well while waiting my relic glow disappeared and I was able to usr mist form while holding the relic.

So I wouldnt dismiss what the gent said
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds