The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bloodthirsty, infused, arcane

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
I have some spare transmutes and was thinking of changing some of my jewelry traits around. Been doing a bit of googling and a ton of (often contradictory) things come up. From what i can tell bloodthirsty is now BIS for most classes in pve, but infused is close and offers more flex if you run a regen enchant (and probably better for pvp).

What about petsorcs though? I was surprised to see alcast was recommending bloodthirsty in his pve dps builds. I know pets have changed so benefit from spell damage now not just mag - hence why I thought it might be worth transmuting my magsorcs gear. But from what Ive read bloodthirsty is like a debuff to the enemy ie doesnt add to your spell dmg pool. Do pets benefit from it? Or is bloodthirsty so much stronger that that outweighs the loss of pet dps?

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why Alcast is recommending it is because the devs recently changed pets so they scale off both max magicka and spell damage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know that. My question is whether pets benefit from bloodthirsty the same way they would from infused - from what Ive read bloodthirsty is like a debuff to the enemy ie doesnt add to your spell dmg pool, isn't affected by major sorcery etc. Do pets get benefit from it?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Yeah I know that. My question is whether pets benefit from bloodthirsty the same way they would from infused - from what Ive read bloodthirsty is like a debuff to the enemy ie doesnt add to your spell dmg pool, isn't affected by major sorcery etc. Do pets get benefit from it?

Imagine Bloodthirsty to actually be a buff on yourself. It may be invisible on your sheet, but it works very much the same. The spell damage from bloodthirsty therefor also gets buffed by your major sorcery etc. and affects your pets.

For pure pve dps, bloodthirsty is the best. For Maelstrom I actually prefer arcane or infused, because to me it's more about bursting things as they spawn, so I rather have more base damage than low health damage.

For pvp, Sorcerer is sadly a bit forced to use Arcane or even Triune, because your shields would be rather pitiful without it and the extra damage from infused spell damage is not worth that sacrifice. You also lose a lot of defense by not using the mage, which costs even more damage because you can't use lover. But I am going a bit off topic now.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE DPS Bloodthirsty pulls ahead for all classes. It’s definitely a closer comparison on Sorc, with their higher multiplier on Spell Damage, but still Bloodthirsty ends up slightly better. Pets work just like any other skill now.

Infused is just useful because it affects more than damage, so if you need to increase your healing or recovery it’s an option.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, that's really helpful. I was struggling to get my head around quite how bloodthirsty worked and how it interacted with other stuff. And if it does get buffed by major sorc, more the better.

I think, given what the pair of you say, I'll prob do a mix - make at least one infused, maybe even two. And yeah, I'm not going to change the pvp stuff.

cheers

larc
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for vet dungeons i would take Arcane or Infused. Thing is - in dungeons stuff dies fast as hell, especially in 3dd. So there is pretty much little window for Bloodthirsty, when Arcane working linear from start till end.

Arcane is super okish for pet sorc when using sets like Necro, Crafty, Bright Throat. More magicka -> even more magicka.
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    Storm calling passive :
    IMPLOSION
    Whenever you deal Shock Damage you have a 3% chance to instantly disintegrate enemies under 15% Health, dealing 4372 Shock Damage

=>

AMPLITUDE
    Increases your damage done against enemies by 1% for every 10% current Health they have.

Bloodthirsty work well with the old IMPLOSION passive, but what about the new AMPLITUDE passive?

If you don't play with execute skill, bloodthirsty still better than infused ?
    Edited by Rebiludo on January 17, 2021 2:55PM