The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

We need a Bosmer Notable home please

drakthir
drakthir
✭✭✭
Seriously Khajit has like 10 notables and everyone else has at least 1?
Plz plz plz don't just attach another snugpod either, break the chain guys
I want you to put max effort into it aswell so i'm gonna say make it crown exclusive which i know some people might not like but i feel like they'd put that bit extra into it lol
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed! Bosmers could use a little love!
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is bosmers the only one without a notable home?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    is bosmers the only one without a notable home?

Yes.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, actually.

Do you have any ideas regarding what it should be like?
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    You're right, actually.

massive treehouse spanning multiple treetops
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    You're right, actually.

Similar to Grahtwood temple, perhaps?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, how many pods do we really need?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be up for a miniature Elden Root type notable bosmer home. It always seemed such a shame that massive beautiful tree was left to rot as it is. It looks like Molag Bal took it's soul along with ours to be honest.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A home styled like the cormount trees with maybe an elden temple on the property. Or really wow us and give a totally unique and amazing bosmer style. There is so much creativity that could be done with living tree homes.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add my vote, I've been asking for a house version of the Glade in CoA2 for ages.
    3 tree buildings, with ramps and ladders to upper chambers, water and waterfalls, and yeah if they want to glam it up a bit, one of those gorgeous bosmer temple structures in the center.

It'd be the first notable on offer in 2 years I'd be really excited about.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a naturally hollowed out tree home over a bunch of onion towers my Bosmers not a commie
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this because please ZOS Bosmer get so little love or appreciation :(
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this when looking at the homes. They do seem to have been missed a touch. I have a necro bosmer so she is in Wraithhome but I recognise that a proper Bosmer manor is needed.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can your necro resurrect old threads?
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can your necro resurrect old threads?

Well, there is still no bosmer notable so the information here is up to date and relevant, unfortunately 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also need more furniture! Bosmer are so lacking furniture-wise :/

A noteable house with and surrounded by some proper Valenwood jungle would be nice. Not the sparesly treed terrain they made base game "Valenwood".
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some images of a ~Bosmer aesthetic~ to whet people's appetite for a Wood Elf house :smiley:
    • Tree-homes (using the hollowed out tree models with rooms in them, and ladders leading up to the canopy chambers)
    • Silvernar and City of Ash layout, high up, with vines, waterfall, a proper forest home not just a groudling pod.
    • Elden Root chamber for reference
    • The Grahtwood temple model with its stained-glass-like resin 'windows'
    bcq0jrq1ivis.png
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not saying this to be mean, just honest. My Gf and I always joke about how forgettable the wood elves are.

A notable Bosmer house would be nice, but please no more getting to a room by passing through a room like we see in the other homes. It would be nice to have a main room that branches out to other rooms.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I am not saying this to be mean, just honest. My Gf and I always joke about how forgettable the wood elves are.

A notable Bosmer house would be nice, but please no more getting to a room by passing through a room like we see in the other homes. It would be nice to have a main room that branches out to other rooms.

This goes for all houses really. This way you could also get a view.

Elinhir Private Arena and Forgemaster Falls are the only houses I can think of that is like this. The houses in it are open, nor do they have a door...

Edit: Typo
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 11, 2021 2:30AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This goes for all houses really. This was you could also get a view.

Elinhir Private Arena and Forgemaster Falls are the only houses I can think of that is like this. The houses in it are open, nor do they have a door...

I agree. One of the issues I have with the housing in this game is that the layouts are....well I don't know how to define it...lame?

It seems like they design a lot of rooms to be hallways or linear, that is we go through a room to get to a room. That might be necessary in a linear run dungeon, but not a house. The design philosophy is different for the different environments because the needs of each environment change.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. One of the issues I have with the housing in this game is that the layouts are....well I don't know how to define it...lame?

It seems like they design a lot of rooms to be hallways or linear, that is we go through a room to get to a room. That might be necessary in a linear run dungeon, but not a house. The design philosophy is different for the different environments because the needs of each environment change.

True, the Alinor Crest Townhouse stands out to me as being one of the better layouts for this reason.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

True, the Alinor Crest Townhouse stands out to me as being one of the better layouts for this reason.

The worst offender imo (off the top of my head) is the Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell. I absolutely love the house aesthetic, but I cant stand that you have to go through rooms to get to other rooms. The entire house is like a large hallway. The worst is the room outside up top. That part of the house should have its own entrance.

Ald Velothi Harbor House is much much better, but it's so far away from anything, including a wayshrine that it just feels pointless. I love the layout though. The biggest issue I have with this house is the pillar in the middle of the room in the basement. Kinda destroys any real use of the space.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why's there a Zeni on the thread?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

The thread was temporarily closed for being a “necro” but then reopened and that post removed (but apparently the Z remains? one of many things I don’t see on mobile), I assume because there really isn’t anything out-of-date in this thread.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

The thread was temporarily closed for being a “necro” but then reopened and that post removed (but apparently the Z remains? one of many things I don’t see on mobile), I assume because there really isn’t anything out-of-date in this thread.

Oh...I was hoping it meant they were going to comment at some point on whether they are planning something for this. :(
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    I'd like a naturally hollowed out tree home over a bunch of onion towers my Bosmers not a commie

This but over glowing flowers/shrooms!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a grand treehouse with beautiful “stained glass” style windows as featured in Silvenar! I also really like the look and feel of the Elden Root dungeon — verdant with bioluminescent flora, a waterfall and skylight. :heart:
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your own smaller, less epic but still awesome version of the Elden root tree would be cool.
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna necro this again. As of March 2024, the largest Wood Elf home is still Gorinir Estate. Shame, too, since the upcoming PTR has yet another Redguard house, and it might even be the biggest one yet. Also another large Blackwood/Leyawiin-themed home. Still no Bosmer love... :(
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omegacron wrote: »
    Gonna necro this again. As of March 2024, the largest Wood Elf home is still Gorinir Estate. Shame, too, since the upcoming PTR has yet another Redguard house, and it might even be the biggest one yet. Also another large Blackwood/Leyawiin-themed home. Still no Bosmer love... :(

we will likely get a notable bosmer home in the West Weald zone in the upcoming chapter.
    Dawnwood is the perfect place for it and there'll be new assets instead of only Valenwood assets.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.