The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Accessing Account Website

ganzaeso
ganzaeso
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else having trouble accessing their account via the website today? I keep getting error 500.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited for correct error code.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 12, 2021 1:17PM
(Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, me too, only it's error 500
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It pulls up fine for me, PC using Pale Moon browser (a Firefox fork).
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can access it fine on Firefox, PC.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can access it fine on Firefox, PC.

Same here
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems to have resolved itself after using a different browser.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having problems the other day - the account page would not load. Clearing my browser's (Firefox) Cookies and Site Data seemed to fix it.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My simple fix was to download and run an alternative web browser, no cruft and instant access :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have gotten multiple reports of issues accessing the account website. Clearing your browser cache and cookies has helped some players in resolving this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who are receiving error 500 can you let us know your user ID and when it first started happening so we can investigate further?
    Staff Post
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who are receiving error 500 can you let us know your user ID and when it first started happening so we can investigate further?

Clearing cookies resolved my problem. I manually cleared them by clicking lock icon by url box.

I no longer have the problem on pc on all three accounts. This problem actually started a few days ago as I made another thread on the subject.

P.S The Web designers should look at their code...cause this has happened in different shapes over the years. What other account you know you can try different browsers and x issue resolves itself.
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on January 15, 2021 7:05PM
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest start date for my error 500 was a week or two ago on the Microsoft Edge browser. I've been getting around it by opening my account page in Chrome. It will then ask me to log in again. Once I do this on chrome, I can go back to Edge and reload the page and it will let me log back in and all is fine until I leave the website to go somewhere else. Once I leave the website and go anywhere else I have to do the whole thing over again to see my account page using Microsoft Edge.
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    User id is my msg board name, noticed it last week off and on. 500 error. Firefox as browser.

If I had to guess, I would say one of the app servers is having an issue, might have your QA hit them individually.
  • PeachVsEggplant

Clearing cookies resolved my problem. I manually cleared them by clicking lock icon by url box.

I no longer have the problem on pc on all three accounts. This problem actually started a few days ago as I made another thread on the subject.

P.S The Web designers should look at their code...cause this has happened in different shapes over the years. What other account you know you can try different browsers and x issue resolves itself.

Clearing cookies seemed to work for me too!
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    My User ID is my Forum ID as well. I started having this problem earlier this morning. I use Chrome. I have not tried any of the known fixes yet but now that I have found them I am going to and will report back soon.

EDIT: Clearing all history including cookies, passwords etc. worked for me on Chrome.

EDIT: This fix didn't last. I am right back to Error 500 on the account page. Until this is fixed on ZOS' end of the spectrum I going to clear the history every time I go to access my account which is not very often. Needed it today to download the game again.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on January 16, 2021 12:04AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleting the single auth_token cookie fixes the issue. No need to delete all cookies.

Looks like there's either a problem with server forgetting the auth token faster than the two weeks it tells your browser it's valid, or messing up what it's linked to.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I cannot buy Crowns. I cannot renew my subscription.

Don't ask me to go switching browsers or deleting caches.

As far as I am concerned, it is up to Zenimax to fix this problem.

Until they do, I am not capable of spending any money with them!
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not been able to access page for the last week, and yes i have cleared my cache and cookies and still getting error 500
  • jaster98
    jaster98
    ✭✭
    I was unable to access my account, found out due to automatic sub renewal. I turned my VPN off and when I tried again it worked.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to report that a day or so ago I stopped having this problem. I have no idea what changed to get this to stop.
    Edited by DeathStalker on January 23, 2021 4:42PM